Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Woah! Well, with that I think it's safe to say that I can go in and solo it too. On 10-man.

It's beginning to feel odd that we can simply go in and take on a dragon aspect and shit all alone, but hey, that simply means more mount farming for me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Marrowgar, Saurfang, Rotface 25 HEROIC soloed, frapsed and logged ( no log on marowgar, QQ) . Trying to maximise dps on Fester ( scientist + AMS reset ofc). Princes, sindragosa ( if i survive one air phase) and bloodqueen (not sure about berserk) will be down.

Rotface screen : http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7034/rotfacet.jpg "legit" kill without vengeful fleshreaper
    Update: Festergut 25 normal soloed ( no heroic coz of berserk)
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-10 at 05:21 PM.

i still don't understand the heroic t13 gear for level 80s they implemented with mop.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They implemented it to make people level from 80 to 85 faster , but sometimes those ideas affect twinks with their absolutely different mechanics, stats prio and stats scaling. About that 80 lvl soloing - its not t13- itemlevel only. Sometimes a really small unnoticed thing can be something that change the fight slightly. But again- all of those can barely affect PVP or any part of current content ( no impact on lvl 85-90 content, slight effect on low level pvp coz of no vengeance and no effect on other players in world ), so "it needs some adjusts and it will be fine".
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-10 at 06:01 PM.

it's always nice to see level 80 tanks doing more dps than my 479 ilvl level 90 hunter

In all seriousness though, congrats, obviously a lot went into not only getting the gear, but thinking about every possible way to improve everything (adventurer's journal and stuff like that), so major props from here

Deleted
    It was about time this happened. My level 80 Ret Paladin with pretty bad gear, aside from the 409 BoEs (3000 strength or so), had 79% parry unbuffed. I soloed level 83 instances (casters were a bitch), and even Naxx10. A DK in ICC10 or even 25 isn't really that much of a surprise.

Grats though!

Deleted
    It's a nice achievement, gz to you. Funny thing is, at level 80, you have better gear, i.e. more ilevel, than me when I first killed ragnaros normal in 4.2

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    is it??

i find ur gear impressive, but the kill i dont think its that special.

ur stats are over the top!!(this is why ur kill is possible)

what u think happens when a lvl 90 walks around with these stats??
    Without that gear it's impossible to solo LK25 as a 80 DK. With that gear, it's an impressive accomplishment which can be copied by few.

Its not what will happen when a 90 runs around with those stats, its when. When obviously being two whole expansions later. And then a 90 DK with ilevel 800+ gear might be able to solo the whole of MoP25. It's how ilevel scales for lower level characters. Nothing new here, but still, pulling this off is impressive.

Deleted
    I wonder if it would be way easier for a lvl 85 DK? They would end up with way less % of everything due to how rating conversion works but with more base hitpoints and more base dps, wouldn't they?

Anyway kudos for the kill, always nice seeing someone doing something extraordinary

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it is possible for a LVL 85 even in mop gear because you will need insane amount of haste to survive transition phases when you have the lowest DPS. And im not talking at all about DPS to beat the enrage timer . Let me show you some data from WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...m/damageTaken/ - highest peaks are transition phases and when i almost died after spirit burst
    Now about stats. My Avoidance is 84%, 80lvl cap is 100%, raidboss cap is 109%. Now some math about how much damage an 85 will take.

First, RAW damage taken without avoidance and mastery:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lzr5ls5s4j5uevro/ - overall damage taken 14 759 082. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...uevro/spell/0/- melee damage taken from LK + horror attacks + raging spirit autoattacks 4429016+5077212+2146952=11653180 melee damage taken from lvl 83/boss. Chance to melee hit me is : 109-84=25%. So, 11653180/0.25=46612720 .
    Add here absorbed melee damage 6432219 and the final number is 53 044 939 melee damage taken if the tank would have 0 avoidance and no absorbs.

Now lets look at my stats and Windsong procs ( haste and mastery). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...vro/details/0/ - Buffs gained :
    Windsong 25.2% uptime of 1500 haste = 378 haste rating.
    Windsong 15.3% uptime of 1500 mastery = 229.5 mastery rating.
    Lets add those to my stats :
    378/32.79=11.52% haste + 59.13 = 70.65% average haste or 4.89s rune speed.
    734+229.5=963.5 mastery or 181% mastery.

Now lets look at lvl 85 stats:
    First, damage taken: a good 85 tank have around 35% avoidance. Boss targets, so lower it by 9% = 26% avoidance. With that 53 Mil damage will be lowered to 39.2 mil. Now about mastery, health etc : lets say 85s got mop gear too, ive spent some time in wowhead profiler with gearing/stats. 300k HP in ICC, selfbuffed , 38% haste or 6s rune speed, 250% mastery. Lets calculate how more or less absorb will be: health is 2x more , coeff is 2.0 ; rune speed is 6 vs 4.89 -> coeff is now 1.63 ; mastery is 250 vs 181 -> coeff is 2.25. So, 2.25 * 6.43 mil ( what i absorbed) = 14.5 Mil. Subtract that amount from 39.2 mil damage taken and here is the number : 24.72 Mil damage taken after all "calculations" by nearly-BiS geared 85 in MOP gear. Add here spell damage taken ~4 Millions and the final number is: 28.72 Mil damage taken over 15 mins or 31.9k/sec. Can it be outhealed by 85 DK? Who knows...

PS: of course, those numbers are very approximate, also another thing- when DK takes damage more than some limit, deathstrike begin to heal more, 80 lvl will have DS and bloodshield heal increased from that effect much more often, also i didnt do any math about 30% icc buff (im too lazy) because it have heal, health and absorb bonus, means that Bloodshield depends on that non-linearly.

PS: copypasted that info to my 1st post
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-11 at 11:37 PM.

is it??

haste @ 59.13
    crit @ 52.63
    mastery 149.93
    armor 29.888
    dodge 12.21
    parry 72.97

The gear is the result of wanting the kill. If you find the gear impressive, its the kill that inspired it. Know your thoughts so I don't have to moar plz.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by bagosham; 2012-10-14 at 07:41 AM.

I'm very impressed - good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

85% avoidance, 56% haste so you'll always have death strike to use, ridiculous HP pool and Mastery to absorb damage. and for 'Worldfirst' Really? more like first person to try it.

Not impressive, sorry, because anyone can spend a few hours grinding BiS new expansion craftables and do this. Not to mention you're a clicker and keyboard turner so the amount of 'skill' this requires is obviously pretty low. inb4 infraction.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-10-14 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    85% avoidance, 56% haste so you'll always have death strike to use, ridiculous HP pool and Mastery to absorb damage. and for 'Worldfirst' Really? more like first person to try it.

Not impressive, sorry, because anyone can spend a few hours grinding BiS new expansion craftables and do this. Not to mention you're a clicker and keyboard turner so the amount of 'skill' this requires is obviously pretty low. inb4 infraction.
    If anyone can do it, why don't you show us a video with you doing it?
    Also to the OP, really nice kill, well done! (:
    KAPOW!

Deleted
    Insane. Big gz.

Deleted
    is it??

haste @ 59.13
    crit @ 52.63
    mastery 149.93
    armor 29.888
    dodge 12.21
    parry 72.97

It's impossible to get these stats as a lvl 90.

OT: Grats on the kill itself, it was impressive and was a good watch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post
    Of course the haters would appear sooner or later.

Major gratz!
    It's actually true. Maybe you never heard of the lvl 1 with a 99% dodge because of the twinking gear back in the day. This is basicly the same, only 79 lvls later.

I think it's a great personal achievement, but I'm not impressed either.

Congrads, well done!

i gotta admit, im impressed

did have more but i screwed it up - hats off to him