Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Can you show me where you got 700k launch sales? I won't bother waiting because I know you can't.

Whether they halted it or not fact remains WoW sold more copies
    Oops, you're right. I overestimated. 240,000 first day sales on launch.

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?66929.html
    Valar morghulis

I like MoP. Isn't that all that matters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Oh look another jaylock thread, were he bashes on WoW.
    I haven't bashed on WoW, I like the game, and the comment about MoP not being as good as TBC is just my opinion. You are free to connotate whatever you like from my responses, but I haven't been rude or inflammatory to anyone here, yet several people have been to me.

Also the "another jaylock thread" responses are getting old. Cant you respond without insulting me?

2.7 million x 30 quid (assuming nobody bought the deluxe which they did) is still one truckload of alot of moolah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I haven't bashed on WoW, I like the game, and the comment about MoP not being as good as TBC is just my opinion. You are free to connotate whatever you like from my responses, but I haven't been rude or inflammatory to anyone here, yet several people have been to me.

Also the "another jaylock thread" responses are getting old. Cant you respond without insulting me?
    Really? You fooled me..

Still failing to see how 8/10 and above plus 3 million+ in sales and 10 million + subscribers is bad.

Enlighten me, Jaylock, since you hold all the answers with your wisdom! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No one is defending anything until their dying breath. Sorry this isn't TBC 2.0 but it is still a good expansion with good content and just because you personally don't like it doesn't mean many others agree with you. In fact the sales figures of Mop and the fact that 1 million players came back pretty much makes you look like a fool.
    My post made no mention of liking or disliking the expansion. I just put forward the idea that Blizzard chose a bad theme for this expansion, when other (potentially better) options were available. Think opportunity cost: we got what we got, but we could have gotten something much better.

Side note: how do you claim to know that 1 million players returned? Subscription numbers don't show who's returning vs who's a new customer. And how do you know that the people who returned won't leave again? If I'm a person who buys the expansion, checks it out, and decides to quit, does that really show what you're trying to claim that it shows?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No Jaylock thread is complete without someone white knighting for him. Seriously look at his post history and then come back and tell us he is totally innocent and pure.
    im not white knighting him. ive already gave my opinion. yes he does seem to post a lot of threads that seem to hate WoW or bash it. in my honest opinion that hasnt been the case in this thread.

most of the posts ive read from him has been relating to the fact that MoP sales havent been as big when compared to other expansions, which in my opinion doesnt call for any kind of infraction. now if you want to report him for spamming due to making other similar threads then by all means do so, thats the reason mods are here

Why, do you want me to be banned?

OT: Facts are facts. MoP sold less than any previous expansion period. Its interesting to note that most of the other expansions sold more copies the FIRST day when this took a week to sell as much.

9 million at start --> 10 million static --> 7 million at end of MoP (my prediction)
    i know it probably wont happen since i doubt wow will ever get much higher then it is now but just imagine how butthurt you guys would be if on the next investors meeting blizz is like "11 MILLION SUBS"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    not sure what bad ratings, most of the ratings for MoP have been very good, and its turning out to be a very good expansion so far.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 12:37 AM ----------

also wow is what 8years old now? to expect a game that old to have 12millions subs still is asking a bit much. its surprising wow still has over 5mil subs after the abomination that was cata.

You can play dumb all you want but you know exactly why people are reacting to you the way that they are.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    My post made no mention of liking or disliking the expansion. I just put forward the idea that Blizzard chose a bad theme for this expansion, when other (potentially better) options were available. Think opportunity cost: we got what we got, but we could have gotten something much better.

Side note: how do you claim to know that 1 million players returned? Subscription numbers don't show who's returning vs who's a new customer. And how do you know that the people who returned won't leave again? If I'm a person who buys the expansion, checks it out, and decides to quit, does that really show what you're trying to claim that it shows?
    Considering there are at least 20 million inactive accounts I think it is quite likely most of that 1 million are former players.

Considering there are at least 20 million inactive accounts I think it is quite likely most of that 1 million are former players.
    its actually over 30 million inactive accounts
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So did you want to discuss something in particular or did you just want to spread the regular daily WoW-is-declining?

Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far
    Clearly not.

These sort of threads should be locked on the grounds that it is nothing but subtle flamebait.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    2.7 million x 30 quid (assuming nobody bought the deluxe which they did) is still one truckload of alot of moolah.
    WoW is certainly a great success, and also considering they also bleed you out of $15 a month as well. Can't wait to see how much new content you get for that. My bet will be lots of pets, lots of mounts and some recycled illiadan black temple raid.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock, every time you post a thread your total lack of subtlety makes the topics you bring up a complete waste of time for anyone stumbling upon them. You can not blame this problem on anyone else but yourself. If I ever got the feeling that you were genuinely interested in keeping it civil and wanted to discuss your topics properly, I would have gladly stepped up for you if someone claimed otherwise. However, we all know that this is hardly the case, since time and time again the same crap happens when you post pretty much anything.

Sorry, but I don't believe for a second that you are interested in having a proper discussion. At least try to be honest with your intentions, since you really are not selling it to anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    WoW is certainly a great success, and also considering they also bleed you out of $15 a month as well. Can't wait to see how much new content you get for that. My bet will be lots of pets, lots of mounts and some recycled illiadan black temple raid.
    I think you're lost. The GW2 forums are at the bottom of the site forums.

Anyway, who cares what the sales numbers are? They are still higher than any mmo out there, why make a thread trying to use that as a bad thing?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Not to mention the privilege to play an MMO that doesn't end at max level
    *cough* cosmetic gear
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I'm still surprised Blizzard tries to pass off their "10 million" subscriber number as legit. The majority of those are Asian (Chinese) players that play for free. They've lost around half of their western subscriber base this expansion if I remember right (based in initial sales vs subscribers).

There were as many people playing WoW in the west as there are GW2 and the likes at launch (although GW2 is bleeding at an incredibly fast rate, that game will be dead soon).

You have to hand it to WoW though. Even with all of its ups and downs it'll still be going strong by the time Titan is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    The majority of those are Asian (Chinese) players that play for free.
    No, they do not play for free. They pay by the amount they play for.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Jaylock, every time you post a thread your total lack of subtlety makes the topics you bring up a complete waste of time for anyone stumbling upon them. You can not blame this problem on anyone else but yourself. If I ever got the feeling that you were genuinely interested in keeping it civil and wanted to discuss your topics properly, I would have gladly stepped up for you if someone claimed otherwise. However, we all know that this is hardly the case, since time and time again the same crap happens when you post pretty much anything.

Sorry, but I don't believe for a second that you are interested in having a proper discussion. At least try to be honest with your intentions, since you really are not selling it to anyone here.
    I have never seen jaylock make a thread that wasn't biased, often badly informed and just erring on the safe side of an infraction for deliberate flamebaiting.

Then he acts all innocent like he can't imagine why people have such a low opinion of his threads

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Compare that to World of Warcraft's launch at 700k in sales.

Carry on!
    This is no argument against the quality of Guild Wars 2 (I own it, I do not play it much, just doesn't appeal to me, but I can see its appeal), but...

You DO realize that before World of Warcraft, the MMORPG market was an EXTREMELY small niche market, right? Very, very, very few people overall played MMORPGs. Only the hardcore RPG fanatics bothered with MMORPGs for the longest time.

If it wasn't for the immense success and popularity amongst a ridiculously wide audience that World of Warcraft achieved, we'd see FAR less MMORPGs released.

Additionally, Guild Wars 2 did have a previously established Guild Wars fan base. Tack on all the people that play WoW and think that means they like the MMORPG genre as a whole, and try out every new MMORPG that comes out, plus a lack of a subscription model, and boom. Instant success.

Personally, I'm a Rift guy myself. If I were to ever move away from World of Warcraft and play another MMORPG full time, it'd be Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.