Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Then why did it take you 5 goes to answer a simple question?

And why didn't you notice that I already said I killed stone guards first week and it's my friends guild who is having the issues?

Why don't you read my posts?

And you are wrong, when you first open the character sheet, your stats are not present, you have to click a further icon to see them and you are never told to do this in game.

Now, how about a nice apology for being such a hostile negative nancy?

You get nothing, you're bad. I've seen your armoury. I do not talk with baddies!

Good day sir.

Further proof of baddy bad syndrome: http://www.raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/zenedar/injin/
    Last edited by Choptimus; 2012-11-05 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarfysnarf View Post
    "nerf the game because we're awful"
    No thanks.
    haha idd, whats so hard about hugging another player?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You get nothing, you're bad. I've seen your armoury. I do not talk with baddies!

Good day sir.
    I accept your submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    To begin with, I'm a part of a "casual guild" - we don't raid every week (tho we try to), we sometimes need to pug a player, or pick an undergeared guildie. We are no pros, thats for sure. But we constatntly try to progress through MV.

Back to the topic. Stone Guard needs nerfing - and fast. I'm talking about one aspect of the fight - Jasper Chains. This skill is WAY harder to deal with than the rest of them, with Jade and Amethyst being trivial, and Cobalt only slightly harder. Jasper+Cobalt combo is a progress stopper. If this combo occurs, the very 1st boss you face in MV is harder than both Feng and Gara'jal, and most likely Spirit Kings - had only like 2 tries on those, don't really know.

Blizzard should do something about this, with Jasper damage lowered by a large amount or only 1 chain existing at the time. It's kinda sad when our guild, thinking about nest weeks raid, rather thinks how to get past Jasper/Cobalt/Amethyst combo then about last encounters.

And just for statistics - we had around 10 wipes on Feng and 10 wipes on Gara'jal before we downed them, and over 60 before we downed Stone Guard for the 1st time. And it was pure luck.
    Killed him in one try in a PUG --- and I'm extremely casual (didn't even start playing this xpac til 3wks in). Nerfs do not make bad players better - just remember this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say if you can't deal with Jasper Chains then you might as well give up raiding in MoP, that's one of the easiest mechanics you'll encounter.
    Back in my day, we killed bosses 400 times a day...uphill both ways...in the snow...and we fucking liked it. In related news, I hear that uninstalling WoW completely from your hard drive and then reinstalling it resets your RNG numbers. -septor

I accept your submission.
    I accept your 57k DPS on Feng and laugh hard.

I can help you get better if you want. Just ask.

Remember my guilds first Stone guard trys it was so fun no one had read up for checked ANYTHING at all so went in there
    and wiped about 17 times befor we got it down most wipes came from the fact that the tanks dident taunt right and only a few from chains (melee to range)
    We had Chains,mines and purple crap but we worked passed it we are a somewhat casual guild aswell. Now after doing it ones we just fly by it.

Elegon is a bitch tho still trying !

Deleted
    I accept your 57k DPS on Feng and laugh hard.

I can help you get better if you want. Just ask.
    Feng died.

Feng died.
    Will of the Emporers didn't though.

Zing.

Deleted
    Will of the Emporers didn't though.

Zing.
    He will after a bit more wiping.

And if he doesn't, I'm not that arsed.

I'm glad you now think I am a good player though. What changed your mind?

He will after a bit more wiping.

And if he doesn't, I'm not that arsed.

I'm glad you now think I am a good player though. What changed your mind?
    I know you're bad.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7mr4b...pes&boss=60400

Devastating Arc 3274211 38.9 % 20 163710.5 3274211 04:04 (16.1 %)

You can't dance. Dodging dat combo is hard, yo.

It's almost like you were TRYING to soak it, lol.

What a joke >_>

Deleted
    I know you're bad.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7mr4b...pes&boss=60400

You can't dance. Dodging dat combo is hard, yo.

What a joke >_>
    Yes, I have real trouble with the dance. Not proud of it, but with a bit more practice i'll get there. At no point have I ever considered myself a good player, nor do I think I am anything other than mediocre at my best.

But why do you now think I am a good player?

Yes, I have real trouble with the dance. Not proud of it, but with a bit more practice i'll get there. At no point have I ever considered myself a good player, nor do I think I am anything other than mediocre at my best.

But why do you now think I am a good player?
    I don't. I think (know) you're bad.

You might consider your level of play "good" or "normal" but in reality it's bad, considering how easy it is to succeed at that level.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Get a room you two.

So did the OP ever come back? It sounds like he just didn't understand how to do the fight. Was that the case?

Deleted
    I don't. I think (know) you're bad.

You might consider your level of play "good" or "normal" but in reality it's bad, considering how easy it is to succeed at that level.
    If it turns out I am a bad player, ok. I try my best if it's not good enough I did all I could and so am not fussed at all. Only children worry about such things. I play the guitar too, and I am not good enough at that to entertain anyone but myself. Such is life. I always thought I was medicore, it's not a huge step to go from there to being bad.

Given most raider can]t even get to the dance though, maybe the data disagrees with us both. Who can say

Whatever the case, you are inconsistent, you said you only talk to good players, yet you are talking to me and say i am bad. Did you make two mistakes or just one?

Deleted
    We're also a casual/social raiding guild and we take a slightly different approach for Stone Guard normal.

If we have Chains in the combo we just remove the mechanic from the equation completely.

Melee/ranged/healers (===) make one camp at the butt of the dog pair (8) that's being dps-ed and generally move on the red carpet.
    Tanks stand to left-right, fight starts at the far side and progressively moves to near side.
    Code:
          -- far stairs --
    [T]8 -===------o[T]
             ||
             \/

-- room entrance --
    Like a set of wheels (tanks are the wheels, raid is the axle), starts at far side (stairs) and rolls to near side (and then reverse direction if we're not done)

We ignore chains as they never go on tanks and rest of raid is clumped up all the time anyway.
    They take a step together out of cobalt if we have that, unless it's cobalt petrification in which case they stay put and nuke (good time for hero),
    or run around as a group sweeping mines.

This brings jasper combo in line with other combos in regards to relative difficulty (one would say it makes it even easier infact)

If it turns out I am a bad player, ok. I try my best if it's not good enough I did all I could and so am not fussed at all. Only children worry about such things. I play the guitar too, and I am not good enough at that to entertain anyone but myself. Such is life. I always thought I was medicore, it's not a huge step to go from there to being bad.

Given most raider can]t even get to the dance though, maybe the data disagrees with us both. Who can say

Whatever the case, you are inconsistent, you said you only talk to good players, yet you are talking to me and say i am bad. Did you make two mistakes or just one?
    I'm talking AT you, not to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we should nerf Normal to feel more like raid finder, and nerf raid finder so that we can que up, set a healer on follow and collect free loot. Oops you can do that already.

The fight doesn't need a nerf, your raid needs a buff... and it's called "competence." Not better gear, not easier content, competence.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Shalinn View Post
    Remember my guilds first Stone guard trys it was so fun no one had read up for checked ANYTHING at all so went in there
    and wiped about 17 times befor we got it down most wipes came from the fact that the tanks dident taunt right and only a few from chains (melee to range)
    We had Chains,mines and purple crap but we worked passed it we are a somewhat casual guild aswell. Now after doing it ones we just fly by it.

Elegon is a bitch tho still trying !
    Elegon could use a nerf.

To the OP, please follow the valid feedback you got in this thread. If the chains are between two confortable players (like two ranged or two melees) dont even try to break them, even on jasper petrification. That will avoid being surprised by new chains.

Do that and ill swear you will kill it much much easier with any combination.

Deleted
    I'm talking AT you, not to you.
    Nah, you are definitely talking to me.

Lets call it 3 mistakes, 1 submission and a complete fail to get any emotional reaction from me.

Better luck next time, kid.