10+ Year Old Account

Volan goes all 'Hulk smash!' on Beta

Thanks to Rift player Silentstorm for recording this video of the Volan fight on the Open Beta, certainly a few phases we didn't get shown on the E3 reveal months back

Time to camp out the location and see what triggers him

ok that looks fucking awesome, and makes me even more glad i started playing Rift this week ;p How ever much i love Wow, this is another lvl of awesome boss ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw this on the trion extra life stream, except they decided to use Dev tools and be gods and just 1 shot him basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    certainly a few phases we didn't get shown on the E3 reveal months back
    There's nothing new in this encounter sadly, the only difference is that the Devs were skipping through phases much faster because of their iWin buttons, as Syce pointed out.

Hope on live you can follow him through that wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post

I recall them saying that it opens up an area that has vendors or crafting been awhile since I've listened to the devs version.

I've done a couple of zone events in beta and they've bumped them up a notch in complexity and mechanics. They appear to be continually be changing things and just not slapping on a new coat of paint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    There's nothing new in this encounter sadly, the only difference is that the Devs were skipping through phases much faster because of their iWin buttons, as Syce pointed out.

You can on beta follow him through that wall, this guy missed out half the fight! Personally I'm not to fond of the guy that runs that channel, may be youtuber rivalry, but everything he seems to post, just seems to be really bad quality and also not very entertaining, he did like a 10 minuite video of him playing in a dimension... no commentary... just building stuff really slowly...

And he also doesn't know how to spell volan

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to halt Beta'ing. Even though I updated, I came to the conclusion there was no point anymore ruining the party for me later on next week. And besides - as I just said - next week. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow that looks awesome, cant wait for SL!

Haha - saw myself a few times, we were filming for our trip down to LA to visit with G4, Machinima, & Game Trailers today.

And indeed - there's a whole other part of the fight that goes on behind that wall!

It's a pretty awesome sight
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    You can on beta follow him through that wall, this guy missed out half the fight! Personally I'm not to fond of the guy that runs that channel, may be youtuber rivalry, but everything he seems to post, just seems to be really bad quality and also not very entertaining, he did like a 10 minuite video of him playing in a dimension... no commentary... just building stuff really slowly...

And he also doesn't know how to spell volan
    This is where quality over quantity comes into play. I dislike his videos as well.

Deleted
    I didn't get to take part is there a video?

EDIT: woops didnt load the page properly
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-11-06 at 11:06 PM.

The first 10 seconds are priceless.