Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    OT: You can always ask your guild to roll a pve server, or how did you find your guild in the first place? Oh yeah thats right, because you rolled a PvP server knowing the consequences of such choices. Get real man.
    While I do understand that PvP server is PvP server, how the hell do you expect an eager teenager or eager anyone, that is just beginning to play and doesn't know what PvP means, to know what the difference between PvP and PvE is? I know I had no idea when I started playing. I bet you didn't either.
    So drop the PvP server argument, it's not valid in many cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    While I do understand that PvP server is PvP server, how the hell do you expect an eager teenager or eager anyone, that is just beginning to play and doesn't know what PvP means, to know what the difference between PvP and PvE is? I know I had no idea when I started playing. I bet you didn't either.
    So drop the PvP server argument, it's not valid in many cases.
    Because when you install the game and choose your server for the 1st time it describes to you what PvP/RP/PVE means >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Head on nail.
    Killing them once isn't even all that bad, things only get nasty and unenjoyable for one side if the ganker takes advantage of the fact that he is faster, far more mobile and the other one can't escape him at all to turn it into an hour long session of griefing. Altough the real problem only started with CRZ because now those people are outnumbering the ones trying to level. A rare occurance became the norm and doing anything but being camped as a low level has become all but impossible.

The funny fact is that most of these people who say it's well in their rights to do so and that others should just man up are the very same people who jump onto their flying mounts spamming /spits and /lols hoovering above once you log onto an 90 or come to the aid of someone else being subjected to this because they're in general without any kind of exceptions the very bottom of the PvP crowd and the worst players out there.
    Sadly they have an way to eventually escape because they also own a flying mount and with the cast time being reduced to 1.5 simply running away as far as possible before rezzing allows them to escape. One of the reasons why I think it should be increased to 15-30 seconds when you died due to PvP to mount up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Since when has killing enemy players and law had anything in common?
    Ever heard of the Geneva convention?

Do you understand why that was developed?

Because all wars have rules.

Grow up.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Ever heard of the Geneva convention?

Do you understand why that was developed?

Because all wars have rules.

Grow up.
    Anyone that bring's real life into a fantasy mmo need's their head checked
    And....Sorry pal it's a game it does not apply take your war politics elsewere...
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-11-07 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You knew the server rules.

Blizzard even made you acknowledge the server rules.
    The rules that apply now are not the rules I signed up for.

When I signed up you could get banned for communicating between horde and ally. There was no paid faction switch. Blizz said they would never allow you to transfer from a PvE to a PvP server. The best gear for PvP was raid gear back then, before resiliency...

Now (for example) we have people who play both sides and scout out AFK players on one faction (using an alt in that faction) that they can then gank.

Quite apart form the rules changing, the game has changed hugely. There were no flying mounts back then either. Flying mounts have changed the game hugely from the perspectives of both the ganked and the gankers.

As others have said some of us are on PvP servers for deeply historical reasons and won't switch for social reasons.

But in any case, the only complaints aren't against PvP is general, more the occasional griefing that some people seem to delight in when there's a huge level or faction in balance.

it's a pvp server
    i made my char on one of them for a reason
    and jeah besides daylizones (there i focus my anger on the shitty daylis) i don't mind killing other players just because i can, no mater what the level is, if there is a rare mob or something thats even more of a reason to kill him, or a ore or a herb or just because i can!

in exchange i know i can get killed at any given time, if you get killed meh, if he kills you with his lvl 90 char vs your low level crappy monk twink for 20 times ok he is a ass but then i simply log on my warlock and beat the shit out of him or ask some friends .. thats what the game is for. I don't like playing defense war where everyone just waits and never attacks .. sometimes LEEROYYY is just the way to go

we might die, we might fall but we will never surrender

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry pal it's a game it does not apply take your war politics elsewere...
    ...This is the conversation in a nutshell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxMDFWUjBrk

We don't need that type of trash in a MMO...at all.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    ...This is the conversation in a nutshell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxMDFWUjBrk

We don't need that type of trash in a MMO...at all.
    Once again I am sorry pal but it does not apply to MMO fantasy games...

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again I am sorry pal but it does not apply to MMO fantasy games...
    First, you're not my pal.

Second, your rights to play stops when it interferes with the rights of others to play.

Period.

Deleted
    Anyone suggesting that rules are introduced on PvP realms to discourage killing enemy players, low level or otherwise, is being silly. It's a PvP realm, people roll on them because they want the full experience of the game. They want to be able to fight against other players. Why should there be rules against using the realms for their intended purpose? You think it's unfair to be ganked on a PvP server? Imagine rolling on a PvP realm because you wanna engage in some World PvP, only to be punished by GMs for doing exactly what you're supposed to, just so that people who've rolled on the wrong realm can be protected from the big meanies.

i know the argument is repeated again and again, but it holds true. You roll on a PvP realm, you should be subjected to any and all World PvP, whether it's being ganked by a level 90 while you're leveling, or being attacked by 12 Alliance while you're trying to do your dailies at max level. Once you start introducing rules the game starts being ruined for people who are using PvP realms for PvP just to protect people who rolled on a PvP realm for other reasons. And that's just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbob View Post
    Anyone suggesting that rules are introduced on PvP realms to discourage killing enemy players, low level or otherwise, is being silly.
    Nope. Devs change the PvP rules ALL the time.

Tomorrow Blizzard can turn all gankers into chickens that bocks ...and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it.

Coming to a forum and cry how unfair it would be, and now you get the same treatment you dished out in the game to others.

See?

Don't do it, you won't be affected. Do do it, there are consequences (because Blizzard at least understands the bottom line).

Learn better social skills, k?

Deleted
    your rights to play stops when it interferes with the rights of others to play.

Sorry pal (sarcasm)
    Player's should choose their server more carefully

Period.

Not having this conversation anymore I feel like you're trying to bully me with your war politics
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-11-07 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    I kill everything I can general ganking and corpse camping why?

Because I play a PVP server.
    Because I pay for my gametime thus I will do anything I want to do within the game rules (even corpse camp on rare occasion )
    If I make someone's day a misery then sorry it's not intended but maybe consider rolling a care bear server simple.

If it was internet bullying then why have blizz not stopped it?
    People take this game waaaaay to serious.
    Blizzard doesnt even stop npc kiting, so go ahead and kite the honor vendor so the other faction cant buy items.

People take that serious too. "Bawww i cant buy pvp gear cause the npc is gone" well, roll a pve server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't get the cap off!
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    well said, if someone is that mentally unstable that being killed in a video game hurts there feelings so much then they have a lot more to worry about then being camped on said video game! lol
    And THAT, my friend, can also be said about these forums? Remember another thread where you went into a tantrum about things people never said, invented posts, insulting everybody with another idea than you have and even threatening them? That you are still allowed to post here is a miracle.
    Last edited by TooMuch; 2012-11-07 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    Now (for example) we have people who play both sides and scout out AFK players on one faction (using an alt in that faction) that they can then gank.
    You can not serve two masters faithfully.

I don't roll Horde toons, because doing so I might learn to like Horde, and then become a problem for Alliance when my loyalty is compromised. I am 100% Alliance, as well as my sis.

It's one, if not the worst thing Blizzard did to PvP in WoW, period. It creates mischief and zero faction loyalty.

If you're going to fight for a cause, do so 100%. Otherwise, wash up and go home you're not a team player.

Deleted
    I must say, I kind of fail to see what people are complaining about. You rolled on a PvP server, the game informs you what this means if you bother to read three lines of text.
    Personaly, I dislike pvp, and I dislike the concept of being forced into PvP, so I play on a RP server, because, I enjoy roleplaying aswell as PvE. Now, to the subject at hand.
    To me, this is pretty much the same as entering a smoking area at a resturant, and a traincar, sit down there and then complain that people smoke, or joining a swimming class and then complaining that you have to get into the water, you knew that there where going to be smokers there, you knew that you where going to have to get into the water at some point.
    Sure I do not agree with it really being all that fair to have a lvl90 smack you down when you are lvl10, but that is how those servers work, and coming around with a " I played here for years " kinda makes me wonder, you played for years without ever getting killed? not even once? there are diffrent servers for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    And THAT, my friend, can also be said about these forums? Remember another thread where you went into a tantrum about things people never said, invented posts, insulting everybody with another idea than you have and even threatening them? That you are still allowed to post here is a miracle.
    if you are reffering to the thread where I very rightly called you out on linking suicide with ganking in wow then I make no apologies for said thread....oh and those `invented posts`? you mean the ones you deleted? lol

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 01:34 PM ----------

Nope. Devs change the PvP rules ALL the time.

Tomorrow Blizzard can turn all gankers into chickens that bocks ...and guess what? There's nothing you can do about it.

Coming to a forum and cry how unfair it would be, and now you get the same treatment you dished out in the game to others.

See?

Don't do it, you won't be affected. Do do it, there are consequences (because Blizzard at least understands the bottom line).

Learn better social skills, k?
    thats rich coming from you my friend mr high and mighty `play eve or you suck at pvp` if your head was any more up your own arse youd be able to see the back of your throat! anyway blizz are never going to change the pvp rules in such a way because you and your `butthurt because i got killed once or twice` buddys are in the minority, so you are wasting your time :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    thats rich coming from you my friend mr high and mighty `play eve or you suck at pvp`
    Do you think I care about an internet tough guy who butchers the English language in almost every post?

If you don't have pride in even how to communicate, don't be surprised if folks don't care what you sprout.