Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugadan View Post
    Sure, you can barely see anyone leaving the game. I guess it's mere coincidence that my guild roster looks like this (and has looked like that for the last 1 month and a half) on a Friday evening.
    Erm, on friday evening my facebook looks just as empty, because everyone is going out on friday
    same for saturday, on sunday evening everyone and there mother is online
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    If quality doesn't get more customers than quantity, then it's useless.
    Thanks, I rest my case.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with GW2 endgame lies with the dungeons. IMO they should have just skipped them and concentrared on other stuff rather than implement then as they are now.

Short version: GW2 dungeons are much too hard, too bugged and much too built around traditional tank-dps-heal roles where as no such things really exist in GW2. They are chaotic and frustrating and the rewards are really crap. Bosses drop nothing whatsoever of value, the only usable thing are the marks you get for clearing the entire "path" which you then can buy gear with (after several runs because stuff is expensive). Also mechanics that pretty much require you to die and just spawn-zerg are idiotic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Thanks, I rest my case.
    Which makes me right. Wow, it's rare that people admit they were wrong.

There isn't much in terms of end-game rewards (notice I said rewards, not content). Nothing in the end-game feels rewarding/satisfying IMO.

Also I think they failed on social integration. There's very little reason to play with friends (which is what keeps WoW and other games alive, because you have friends to play with which automatically makes the game a bit more enjoyable). Most content is soloable and they haven't included any social tools like LFG and etc. to assist with playing with others.

Also, I never understood why people keep throwing up "it still says "High/Full" population, the game isn't dying!" Did you play at launch? You do know it's extremely simple for ArenaNet to change the population limits (they had to do so multiple times at launch when all the servers hit "Full" to allow more people to login). Call it a conspiracy theory if you wish, but it would be extremely simple for them to manipulate the numbers to keep the doomsayers at bay (and you would be playing into their plan).

If you want proof of GW2 going downhill, use external sources like the OP. Videos are getting less views, as are live streams. Go to any account buying website and you'll see people selling GW2 accounts (with level 80s, exotics, world completion, etc.) for $20 and still not selling. You can buy a Legendary weapon for around $200/$300 (which if it's really supposed to be "the" end-game PvE goal is extremely cheap compared to what people spend on WoW accounts). I doubt their even selling for that much though.

I was a GW2 fanboy for years, and it was extremely enjoyable to play, but it suffers the same way SWTOR did. Game play was entertaining enough to last through 1 play through, but nothing to keep you around after that. It's basically a single player game (and since I didn't spend any sub fees on it I'm perfectly fine with that, albeit a bit disappointed it wasn't what I thought it would be).
    Last edited by Maconi; 2012-11-10 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    GW is, and always has been, a PvP game with PvE (yes it has a lot more PvE in GW2). The same as how WoW has, and always will be, a PvE game with PvP (the game did not have PvP when it first launched, and they put more focus into PvE content).
    Your avatar pic is just so incredibly cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    And sex is about making a repetitive motion over and over, so why do people have sex ?! It makes no sense.
    you're gonna compare sex to guild wars 2

am i having sex with your great great grandma or a really cute girl, because this could really make or break your analogy

But no

At least you feel good while you fuck and afterwards. Guild Wars 2 was fucking my mind and it was not enjoying it.

It was like hay gurl you should totally sleep with gw2, he has a huge dong. but when i pulled down gw2's pants he had a normal dick, maybe smaller than average and stuck it in the wrong hole. i just went with it because i was open to trying something different but decided i didn't like it afterwards and took him to court for rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    The problem with GW2 endgame lies with the dungeons. IMO they should have just skipped them and concentrared on other stuff rather than implement then as they are now.

Short version: GW2 dungeons are much too hard, too bugged and much too built around traditional tank-dps-heal roles where as no such things really exist in GW2. They are chaotic and frustrating and the rewards are really crap. Bosses drop nothing whatsoever of value, the only usable thing are the marks you get for clearing the entire "path" which you then can buy gear with (after several runs because stuff is expensive). Also mechanics that pretty much require you to die and just spawn-zerg are idiotic.
    Dungeons are fine. They're just not central to the game experience like you expect it to be. However, after seeing the terminator 2 reference at the end of one dungeon I reaffirm this games awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    For every one person that raids, there are 9 people that don't.

I know it's just driving you guys crazy that the game is doing so well

Now who's spouting conspiracy theories?
    Get off the idea that anyone being critical of GW2 is trying to ruin the game.

And sorry: the game isn't doing so well. It's doing decent at best.

Pvp wise even the paid tournaments didn't help that much.
    For a game that was sold as a pvp game, that even talked of going e-sport, it delivered very little in terms of pvp.

Even if you disagree, you still can't deny many people are disapointed with pve at 80 as well.
    Not everybody of course. But still rather a lot of complaints going around I would say.

The game isn't growing, it's mostly consolidating on a small but loyal playerbase.
    My guess is that that won't suffice in the long run, but actually I hope I'm wrong.
    So I disagree on the game doing so well. It takes rather low standards to claim that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    you're gonna compare sex to guild wars 2

am i having sex with your great great grandma or a really cute girl, because this could really make or break your analogy

But no

At least you feel good while you fuck and afterwards. Guild Wars 2 was fucking my mind and it was not enjoying it.

It was like hay gurl you should totally sleep with gw2, he has a huge dong. but when i pulled down gw2's pants he had a normal dick, maybe smaller than average and stuck it in the wrong hole. i just went with it because i was open to trying something different but decided i didn't like it afterwards and took him to court for rape.
    Oh, then I missunderstood. When GW2 supporters praise their game, they usually say wow is worse cause it has a strong pve component which implies doing the same raids/dungeons, while gw2 does not put a lot of accent on the pve part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    Erm, on friday evening my facebook looks just as empty, because everyone is going out on friday
    same for saturday, on sunday evening everyone and there mother is online
    It's the same every evening, no matter the day. It has been for the past month. My noting of the fact that it was a Friday was just to emphasize the idea that it's during the weekend.

Deleted
    And sex is about making a repetitive motion over and over, so why do people have sex ?! It makes no sense.

See ? I can reduce anything to nonsense in just a few words, doesn't mean it's true or that it's not way more to it than that.
    Doing the same stuff over and over again in WoW is good as sex, but doing it in GW2 is fail, I get it now.

The "same old" has over 10 milion fans, according the latest press release from Blizzard, while the "new and "original" guy" is actually seeing less and less regular logins. Something tells me that the "same old" is the recipe for success, not the fake new guy.
    I was already missing the million players argument.
    Nexon said that Maplestory has over 90 million users, so I guess Maplestory>WoW then...

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkleung View Post
    To see if they're worth buying, to see where the talent is at and what level they play at and how you can improve your play.
    Also if you don't want to buy the game (or an xbox360 Halo 4 anyone?) But are still interested in the lore/story line ('; THERE!
    I said it.
    100% Agree, i wont buy an Xbox just to play a single game, even if i love its story, lore and world. So sad they made it xbox exclusive :\
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    Doing the same stuff over and over again in WoW is good as sex, but doing it in GW2 is fail, I get it now.

I was already missing the million players argument.
    Nexon said that Maplestory has over 90 million users, so I guess Maplestory>WoW then...
    Maplestory has 90 million active subscriptions ?!? Holly moly, that's several world records broken over there.

I lost interest in GW in a matter of days.

I really didn't like the combat, actually, i hated it.
    The only good thing about GW 2 is the PvP Lobby system and how it promotes skill over gear. And the exploration of their content.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I dont quite understand how people would go from any other game to Rift. but thats me.
    I went from GW2 to Rift in a heartbeat. The PVE is far more entertaining and varied. "But that's me."

As you can see GW2 might be fine for some doesn't mean that people who like another game can't be understood. I really think some people playing GW2 (not all of course) feel that no sub fee means the game is superior in every way and will defend it and possibly force themselves to play it just to say: "Yeah I play everyday on this amazing MMO, who needs a stinking MMO with a sub fee." Yeah your purchase is justified.

Anyways back OT I only tried with my self and two other friends to play GW2 and all 3 of us don't play anymore. Anecdotal evidence at best but it's 3 less players. I've installed it and have zero desire to even re-install it. This game will have it's niche following which is fine but don't knock other games while pounding your chest over this one. Kthx.

Lastly can anyone tell me how many people "medium and full" actually are like a hard number. I see the GW2 servers full at 3:00am or 5:00am in the morning server local time and are all GW2 players really insomniacs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the amount of people that were at the Claw of Jormag event at 3 am this morning, yes
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    Where did the popularity go ?
    Hype met reality and people started leaving. As with many new games far too many people expect it to be some amazing thing that nobody has ever come close to before. When a game is good and should be ejoyable it falls short of false expectations and people get upset and stop playing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Maplestory has 90 million active subscriptions ?!? Holly moly, that's several world records broken over there.
    According to Nexon, 160million players tried the game, and the game had more than 92 million users in 2009.
    Of course the numbers are hugely inflacted, just like Blizz. numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's this sleight-of-hand insult that makes some of you guys so annoying. Basically implying that the only reason the game lost players is because people are too stupid.
    Pretty much all the assumptions people come to regarding why GW2 "is losing" players are pulled out of their ass. I really don't get why some people make it their mission to hate on certain games. Does it threaten their lives in some way? Does it threaten their favorite game? It would be safe to say the answer is "no" to both those questions, which makes me believe some people have too much time on their hands, and enjoy "bashing" other games to get reactions out of people.

Am I saying GW2 is the best game ever? No, but I do enjoy it. People saying the game is "dead" are either clearly not playing, or in an inactive guild so because their guild never has anyone log on, the game is "dead". Also, even if many people have left the game (which given the recent Halloween event, it's very clear a lot of people still play or at least come back for events), it doesn't mean the game is "dead". Dead means gone, void of life. I log in every day, and always see a lot of people around. So it's not "dead" by any means.