Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Also, let's use something a bit less 2006, yes?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...pvpwarrior.jpg
    Mind linking that in your OP, Jaylock?

And actually responding to your own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i'd be happy if they'd create day/night cycles like firefall

that's pretty badass
    They were going to, but people complained they don't want it to be too dark during the only time they can play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im just asking if you think WoW graphics need a reboot. You can clearly see the difference between modern MMOs and the old crap poly count graphics WoW has. The pics were used as comparisons. And dont even tell me that Mists graphics are much better than before, they may have upped the poly count a bit, but its the same engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW is in DIRE need of a graphics update, or a reboot. Do you agree?
    No. (10chars)

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me just give you a visual from WoW:
    Everything is so bland, and not much going on.. Bleh.

Okay... I"m gonna ask... After reading thread after thread after thread about what you DONT like about Wow.. what DO you like about it? Do you even still play?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Im just asking if you think WoW graphics need a reboot. You can clearly see the difference between modern MMOs and the old crap poly count graphics WoW has. The pics were used as comparisons. And dont even tell me that Mists graphics are much better than before, they may have upped the poly count a bit, but its the same engine.
    As if. You took 2005 screenshots, ignored the vast difference in gear polycount and texture resolution, in order to make a point.
    Same engine, yes, and the engine has been improved.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Just another post from Jaylock... It's meant to be troll bait.

Let me just give you a visual from WoW:
    Everything is so bland, and not much going on.. Bleh.
    http://gamingnews011.files.wordpress...hdgraphics.jpg - 7 y/o picture.

http://www.foldedspace.org/images/wo...entalfight.jpg - at least 2 y/o picture.

Not saying that WoW is much better now, but at least try to get new pictures before bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking? Your thread title isn't asking, it's telling, then you want people to agree with you with biased "evidence". Of course mist graphics are a lot better, look at old, look at new, does new look better? yes? = They're better.

How comes almost every thread I ever check off the front page is one by you asking stupid questions or making stupid blanket statements. Why even bother playing the game? If you don't play the game, why make the multitude of threads?

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    gw2 is head and shoulders above the other MMOs in graphics right now. the style, the feeling of being part of a BIG world, the artistic style can be liked/disliked but the actual graphics are amazing

only thing i've seen on that level is TESO, which damn near looks like skyrim
    TERA says hi.

Also probably 2/3rds of the people who play wow couldn't play those other games at those graphic settings smoothly. There would be constant framerate hiccuping and other nonsense and it would just make it completely undesirable to play until you lowered your graphic settings to look more like WOW.

WOW's graphics are great because they look "good enough" while still being very smooth even on older machines.

And maybe i'm just an old school gamer, but i've always felt graphics weren't terribly important anyway, and people who focus too much on them don't really know how to identify a good game in the first place.

Some of the most memorable games ever made have less pixels and fewer colors on the entire screen that a fraction of a single item in WOW does.

My opinion is and always has been: If you don't like WOW, stop playing it. It's really that simple.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys why do you keep posting in Jaylock threads? WHY? you KNOW he does it with the intention to troll, its obivous, why keep bumping his threads everytime he starts one? He doesnt even hide it anymore, posting picks from 2005. REALLY? comeon people use commun sense.

10+ Year Old Account

I believe in the words of Dr Zoidberg:

#boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Guys why do you keep posting in Jaylock threads? WHY? you KNOW he does it with the intention to troll, its obivous, why keep bumping his threads everytime he starts one?
    I know I should know better.. but reporting him doesn't seem to do anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Also probably 2/3rds of the people who play wow couldn't play those other games at those graphic settings smoothly. There would be constant framerate hiccuping and other nonsense and it would just make it completely undesirable to play until you lowered your graphic settings to look more like WOW.

WOW's graphics are great because they look "good enough" while still being very smooth even on older machines.

And maybe i'm just an old school gamer, but i've always felt graphics weren't terribly important anyway, and people who focus too much on them don't really know how to identify a good game in the first place.

Some of the most memorable games ever made have less pixels and fewer colors on the entire screen that a fraction of a single item in WOW does.

My opinion is and always has been: If you don't like WOW, stop playing it. It's really that simple.
    I agree, I loved some of the older graphic style indie games on steam, and even replaying games like Banjo Kazooie, Worms etc.

Deleted
    I would say, take picture from both games you compare that are from the same year at the very least, also as OP said, anything you stil enjoy in the game :P ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

I believe in the words of Dr Zoidberg:

...I love you for this Trassk.

Also, Jaylock, WoW's graphics aren't bad.

If you really think they're as shitty as Vanilla was, I'm curious as to whether or not you're Legally Blind @_@.

Deleted
    Using couple of the most lame, boring wow screenshots I can ever think of against clearly staged promotion picture of other MMOs. I guess OP did not even want to be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhrc View Post
    actually ull be surprised...
    guild wars 1 and now GW 2 are visual orgasmic games compared to wow
    GW2 was good looking, but nowhere near close to begin "visual orgasmic". Not even when comparing to WoW. And WoW still has that one thing not many other mmo's have: actually open areas. Not some small instances with portals to the other side of the mountains.

Sooo, you wanted to show how the game looked bad in 2005, but it doesn't matter how the game looks now since it looked bad when it was released? I really don't follow your logic here... And what does it matter if the engine is the same if the game looks a lot better now than in 2005?
    Last edited by Kilpi; 2012-11-14 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    You must not understand the game model around WoW. It supposed to be a game where it does not require extreme PC components to run. Yes some models need upgrades which they are doing. Blizzard spends more money on gameplay then graphics.

I love the fact that WoWs graphics aren't like the others its what make them different. After ~9ish years wow is still number one...kinds says a lot about graphics and how people care about them.
    ^This.

I like the graphics, plus the gameplay is awesome.

I'd rather a game with awesome gameplay and shit graphics than vice versa.

..Just like, imo, GW2.