Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    So they disconnected?
    Cause the best response to someone is to say "adasdasd" instead of something along the line of "Hi, how may we assist you".

So they disconnected?
    Yeah, the disconnect also caused the CSR to have a seizure at their keyboard and type out "adasdasd" right before it happened too?

Disconnects happen, but it's not as if there's not a wealth of information around consistently reinforcing how poor EA customer support is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alihu View Post
    Then you got lucky, buddy of mine had to spend 1 month to get his bf3 working again from the bad customer support of EA/origins. They finally gave him the game for free and fixed the issue
    I personally know that guy and he works in IT. He had legitimate proof that it was their fault his connection would not work (turned out the were blocking his IP address for one reason or another) and they continually blamed it on his game and asked him to reinstall it like 3 times.

I miss steam. I'm sad that BF3 forces you to use Origin because BFBC2 was flawless (for the most part) on Steam and the chat system was awesome. I actually used to let steam start up with my computer, I make it a point to keep Origin turned off when I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Cause the best response to someone is to say "adasdasd" instead of something along the line of "Hi, how may we assist you".
    Of course not. Would you prefer a canned response that doesn't address your problem? That's what you'll get.

I get it, you guys like Steam. I like Steam too, but they have the worst customer service I've ever experience. Saying "insert company" messes up also doesn't invalidate anything I said. I've had positive experiences with one, and awful experiences with the other.

Deleted
    My mum and the old lady next door did it.

Please be the death of Origin. Please be the death of Origin. Please be the death of Origin.

Even if it doesn't die, having games exclusively on Origin is one of the causes their poor sales figures, and this certainly won't make it better, so fingers crossed that this makes them reconsider selling games on Steam in order to actually make some money.

Deleted
    I read through all of them, most were technical difficulties.
    The long one he was at least being responded to, which was really my point. You know you're actually talking to someone. Getting a canned response with the same result is okay to people since it's Steam, but EA is the devil.
    Well, to be honest can't really comment on that because I've never had to contact Steam support. I've used it for 5 years or something and I have over 200 games on there but never had problem where Google didn't give me answer and even then the fault has been in the game itself and not in Steam. Maybe I've just got lucky. Anyhow, we are cruising towards off-topic so I'll just stop here.

Deleted
    Don't see how the title is anything but misleading. Although there's nothing wrong with suggesting that people consider changing their password, the claim that Origin has been 'hacked' is basically a rumour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. Would you prefer a canned response that doesn't address your problem? That's what you'll get.

I get it, you guys like Steam. I like Steam too, but they have the worst customer service I've ever experience. Saying "insert company" messes up also doesn't invalidate anything I said. I've had positive experiences with one, and awful experiences with the other.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9109238.page if this isn't canned I don't know what is.

Also I prefer a canned response than adasdasd. One is relatively lazy, the other is just disrespectful.
    I've never used Steam support, so I don't know how it is in a personal experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    Well, to be honest can't really comment on that because I've never had to contact Steam support. I've used it for 5 years or something and I have over 200 games on there but never had problem where Google didn't give me answer and even then the fault is has been in the game itself and not in Steam. Maybe I've just got lucky. Anyhow, we are cruising towards off-topic so I'll just stop here.
    The games were Jade Empire, Deus Ex: HR (which I actually fixed on my own), Dark Souls, and Fallout 3. Windows 7 64-bit. I realize some of these are older games and I definitely should have read through the forums to find out any issues before purchase, but the fact that they sell products that don't work and refuse to actually fix it is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GJH View Post
    Don't see how the title is anything but misleading. Although there's nothing wrong with suggesting that people consider changing their password, the claim that Origin has been 'hacked' is basically a rumour.
    Probaly they were the *infamos* hackers we all hear so much abauth.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GJH View Post
    Should note that it is what a lot of people call 'hack' however it is not a data breach when people think of something being hacked.

It is a security fail in the most simple sense, similar to that of GW2 and Sony once they relaunched PSN.
    Just a note, hacked does not mean a database breach.

The games were Jade Empire, Deus Ex: HR (which I actually fixed on my own), Dark Souls, and Fallout 3. Windows 7 64-bit. I realize some of these are older games and I definitely should have read through the forums to find out any issues before purchase, but the fact that they sell products that don't work and refuse to actually fix it is atrocious.
    You do realize that Valve warns players if a game has compatibility issues with an OS (see the required specs on the product page and sometimes additional announcements on the product page), and that they can't do anything to change that, right? It's developers who need to fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9109238.page if this isn't canned I don't know what is.

Also I prefer a canned response than adasdasd. One is relatively lazy, the other is just disrespectful.
    I've never used Steam support, so I don't know how it is in a personal experience.
    If he's using the same method of CS as Steam (sending emails back and forth) of course it's going to be generic responses. I use the live chat every time and it's been sorted every time. I've had the same disconnect problem happen once or twice, but all I had to do is reconnect, say who I was talking to, and it was handled right then and there.

You can provide all the biased 'evidence' you want. Of course people are going to complain about a crappy experience. For every 10 people that get great experience, how many will create a thread about it? 1 maybe

How about bad customer service? More than half.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the developer's issue, not Valve.

EA however sold BF3 to me developed by EA DICE which in turn was not remotely working and didn't work for months until I had a reformat, and even then it was buggy.
    If he's using the same method of CS as Steam (sending emails back and forth) of course it's going to be generic responses. I use the live chat every time and it's been sorted every time. I've had the same disconnect problem happen once or twice, but all I had to do is reconnect, say who I was talking to, and it was handled right then and there.

You can provide all the biased 'evidence' you want. Of course people are going to complain about a crappy experience. For every 10 people that get great experience, how many will create a thread about it? 1 maybe

How about bad customer service? More than half.
    Please provide proof as to other's experience as we've provided ours. Not your own anecdotal one. You said they exist, one for every 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You do realize that Valve warns players if a game has compatibility issues with an OS (see the required specs on the product page and sometimes additional announcements on the product page), and that they can't do anything to change that, right? It's developers who need to fix that.
    Why do they still sell it then? If they're so concerned.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:44 PM ----------

EA however sold BF3 to me developed by EA DICE which in turn was not remotely working and didn't work for months until I had a reformat, and even then it was buggy.
    They have no problem selling it.

I got fucked over by Origin CS as well. I got some person who clearly was very bad at English and he couldn't help me at all. Eventually he just disconnected. Fuck their CS really.

10+ Year Old Account

Please provide proof as to other's experience as we've provided ours. Not your own anecdotal one.
    Yours aren't anecdotal?

who makes those into screenshots? people that want to complain or people that are satisfied?

10+ Year Old Account
    They have no problem selling it.
    The point of Steam is to sell, not control the developers. Valve doesn't know there was bugs until game release and was sold. Valve has no control over the game, period.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:46 PM ----------

Yours aren't anecdotal?
    Provide proof to other's, there already were screenshots of other's.

Why do they still sell it then? If they're so concerned.
    Because it's still a thing. Because people still have older OS's installed. Because people run VM's or find ways to make the games compatible with new OS's/old OS's. Because they expect people to read the required setup for a game before purchasing it (and any additional big banner warnings about OS compatibility that are generally right above the PURCHASE button).

I never said they were concerned, but they do give consumers all the relevant data on the products page.