Deleted
    Anyone want a dota 2 key I have 4 of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    It's funny how even though I saw it coming and it's been said many times I still smile and laugh at it.
    I shall see this as a victory then.

My name is Pidg Eon and this is Jackass.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    Gotta agree with the sentiment of ice magic being the best magic. There are a lot of different ways to go about defining it though since it can use either temperature control, mastery over water, or both. If the water mastery route is taken then whether or not it's made state dependent also need to be factored in.
    I think I'd like plain magic, sometimes known as arcane.

Teleporting, time control, levitation, portals. That sorta thing would be my favourite.

10+ Year Old Account

Teleporting, time control, levitation, portals. That sorta thing would be my favourite.
    That sounds fun.. But fire is still hilarious.

arcane mage ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    arcane mage ftw
    Frost mages are clearly more fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    Gotta agree with the sentiment of ice magic being the best magic. There are a lot of different ways to go about defining it though since it can use either temperature control, mastery over water, or both. If the water mastery route is taken then whether or not it's made state dependent also need to be factored in.
    I've always considered it to be temperature control. Water is its own element, and while ice is just frozen water, I think you'll have control over the frozen part, not the water part.

Like, if you want to form ice, you have to direct your energy in a way that the water will freeze in the ways you want it. Because you can't move the water.

but that's my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    There is this anime called Sword Art Online, where people play this MMO, and in the second season, they can pretty much chant spells.

They just put their head into a helm and their minds completely go into the game, so they ARE the character in the game. If this technology is ever developed, it would be probably feel like that, it would be a great game mechanic.

I mean, imagine the levels of immersion on those possible games, where you could feel the warmth of your fire spells, or a chill in the air as you cast a blizzard down your enemies.

When talking about magic, I still wish I could levitate things at will, or just disperse my body though the air, and shape it into anything I could desire.
    I remember being a huge fan of .HACK when I was younger. I played those games so much.

My roommate is actually watching Sword Art Online atm. I've glanced at it, but I think anime is pretty dead to me now'a'days. All I see is boobs and onii-chaaaan. Someone needs to break this curse

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Frost mages are clearly more fun.
    I didn't enjoy frost mage. Too hard. Arcane let me survive the same amount with much less effort. Although I did like owning groups of horde bastards levels above me in AV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    I didn't enjoy frost mage. Too hard. Arcane let me survive the same amount with much less effort. Although I did like owning groups of horde bastards levels above me in AV
    Frost... Hard...
    I'm sorry but what?

Deleted
    Just downloaded Planetside 2, which faction do I pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    I've always considered it to be temperature control. Water is its own element, and while ice is just frozen water, I think you'll have control over the frozen part, not the water part.

Like, if you want to form ice, you have to direct your energy in a way that the water will freeze in the ways you want it. Because you can't move the water.

but that's my theory.
    I was watching Avatar not too long ago, and there was a bit of a debate over how the Fire element actually represented energy. And in theory firebenders if experienced enough could bend anything?

I'm assuming you've watched Avatar.

Deleted
    Well, not too long ago I recall a bit of a spat about "shitposters". Honestly I don't even know what that means but I probably am one.
    Well, shitposting usually refers to posting something that could be considered spam. A useless post with no purpose. Sometimes people post ironically something along these lines "lel xddddd" to implicate the poster they quoted was stupid and "thinks like that". They think they're being witty or something but they are just unnecessarily rude and the only thing their post says is "I'm an elitist dickhead", and that is considered shitposting, too.

My roommate is actually watching Sword Art Online atm. I've glanced at it, but I think anime is pretty dead to me now'a'days. All I see is boobs and onii-chaaaan. Someone needs to break this curse
    That reminds me, I need to download SA:O at some point. Friends seem to love it, and after watching it in Japanese class, I enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was watching Avatar not too long ago, and there was a bit of a debate over how the Fire element actually represented energy. And in theory firebenders if experienced enough could bend anything?

Well, in a way air benders could too. It'd just take some control, but they'd be able to heat the air and create fire, they'd be able to have some rough control over water and earth as well.

Deleted

Actually, I haven't. I've watched the first... 5-6 episodes, that's it. I don't know why I stopped, I kind of liked it. But I think they are kind of under-using their power, and that annoyed me a lot. Like, there were scenes where Ann or whatever his name was could just smack their shit with his airbending, but he chose not to.

There's a show called Misfits where young people get super powers in modern England. It's fucking hilarious, but what's so great is that they abuse their powers like animals. It's super well made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    Well, shitposting usually refers to posting something that could be considered spam. A useless post with no purpose. Sometimes people post ironically something along these lines "lel xddddd" to implicate the poster they quoted was stupid and "thinks like that". They think they're being witty or something but they are just unnecessarily rude and the only thing their post says is "I'm an elitist dickhead", and that is considered shitposting, too.
    I can only think of one or two who actually do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Well, in a way air benders could too. It'd just take some control, but they'd be able to heat the air and create fire, they'd be able to have some rough control over water and earth as well.
    That's assuming they can heat air.

Actually, I haven't. I've watched the first... 5-6 episodes, that's it. I don't know why I stopped, I kind of liked it. But I think they are kind of under-using their power, and that annoyed me a lot. Like, there were scenes where Ann or whatever his name was could just smack their shit with his airbending, but he chose not to.

There's a show called Misfits where young people get super powers in modern England. It's fucking hilarious, but what's so great is that they abuse their powers like animals. It's super well made.
    Don't watch the next series then, it's full of under-using their powers.

10+ Year Old Account

Ang (I can't for the love of me remember how to spell his name) is a monk, he doesn't want to hurt them if it can be avoided.

I might want to watch that.. People abusing the shit out of super powers sounds hilarious.

According to our good friend the lion turtle, any of the four disciplines could do it, and the skill was lost with time and we ended up with four more distinct varieties of bending.

If you think about it, the bending disciplines taking tips from each other is them getting closer. Stuff like the waterbending style for a firebender to redirect lightning. Waterbenders can bend heat at some level to change the form of water, then there's the volcano bit where Sozin redirects heat, he's a firebender...

What I like about this show is that digging deeper into it just reveals more layers of detail they thought of. Like...an onion.
    The main reason this page manages to be so massive. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...eLastAirbender

I can't think of too many examples of that. With Aang it's that he's a pacifist, stuck in the middle of a war. Facing his enemies instead of fleeing is the whole point of Book 2: Earth.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-11-21 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's assuming they can heat air.

Don't watch the next series then, it's full of under-using their powers.
    They can move air, so one would assume they'd be able to move it fast enough for the friction to start something

Legend of Korra just really didn't click for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daetrin said something in the older threads that, I think, really explains the connection between mind and body well:
    I like to think of the concept of mind being more of a bridge between the body and soul, but I'm too tired to try to explain it fully atm :P.

I do have to agree that teleporting would be the best thing ever, so you've got me there.

but that's my theory.
    That's definitely one of the ways you can think of it, and probably the most fair. I was just saying that there are a lot of directions you could take the power of ice as a concept, many of which are really overpowered and end up combining many powers which could/should probably be separate.