I need help with Holy

I haven't played in about a year and just fired up my account last week. I have always played as holy to raid heal. I have looked at all my old sites for a basic guide to get me started, talents, gems, glyphs, rotations, stat weights, and crap like that. None of the sites I have looked at (wowhead, tankspot, elitestjerks, and here)cover holy. It almost seems like no one plays as holy.

Thanks
    Raknar
    Tichondrius

Deleted
    how to priest.com/view topic.php?f=20&t=1613 (delete spaces)

Quote Originally Posted by zawish View Post
    www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1613

Fixed it for ya

wow that's quick...thx guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    yah, stupid limit for ppl with few posts.
    thx.

I really disagree with icy-veins post about stat stacking.

As a holy priest you really shouldnt be stacking haste and using renew or sanctuary.

They just are not that effective compared to mastery stacking with your aoe spells.

Essencially mastery increases your throughput by whatever % your mastery is.

When you look at 30% additional healing from a spell, that's pretty dang potent. AND ITS FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    As a holy priest you really shouldnt be stacking haste and using renew or sanctuary.
    ^this. You should really be going full mastery. Haste and crit are meh. You'll see alot of throughput from EoL especially on fights like garalon or heroic will. I think on our first garalon kill my top heal was EoL and i did a little over 100k hps. mastery is VERY strong

Quote Originally Posted by DailyBB View Post
    ^this. You should really be going full mastery. Haste and crit are meh. You'll see alot of throughput from EoL especially on fights like garalon or heroic will. I think on our first garalon kill my top heal was EoL and i did a little over 100k hps. mastery is VERY strong
    ^this 120%

Deleted
    Only fight I'd advocate getting renew ticks are Emps if you're tank healing. The extra haste helps your heals hit faster (great considering the spike dmg on that fight) plus renew will be your main source of raid healing.

Deleted
    I use renew often enough, having the extra tick on it glyphed is pretty neat and a glyphed renew is strong.
    I cast faster which is handy with 2 healing and that lightspring renew having an extra tick is pretty good.

It really depends on which chakra I'm in and i switch a few times during a fight.
    Don't forget that renew can be refreshed with cascade in serenity, haven't tried with halo as i don't use halo a lot.

It all depends on the situation per fight and ur active chakra and perhaps it depends on ur play style.

the how2priest threads have tons of informative information, especially if you wish to see the behind the scenes (numbers). The threads on elitist jerks are get into heavy theorycrafting (debates). I've always liked icy-veins for the class details. If you just want a simple tell you what to do without any explanations, check out noxxic. If you're raiding, I wrote up everything I learned in the official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143
    Some discussion also happens on plusheal and tales of a priest.

I actually never knew cascade refreshed renew, that's an interesting topic in itself.

Deleted
    only in single target chakra.

Well yea in serenity obviously lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zawish View Post

what he said!