How is the PvP? Hows the game?

So yea, a friend of mine and I are looking to check out pandaria till GW2 gets the PvP-update. We would make new characters and enjoy the new 1-60! However, we are both mostly PvP-players. We enjoy dungeons a lot but we also want sometimes to kill people for a couple of hours. So my questions:

-Are lowlvl battlegrounds somewhat balanced?
    -Are there a lot of PvP-twinks in normal Battlegrounds?
    -Is heirloom-gear still so strong?
    -Is the EP gained from Battlegrounds somewhere near the EP you gain from instances and questing in the same amount of time?
    -How the PvP at 90? More like BC or more like WotLk?
    -Hows the balance at 90?

Thanks for answering!

Quote Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
    No more than usual, which is to say not at all. They can be fun, but they're not balanced. The levels at which you gain your spells is designed more around you getting new things every few levels than your character being useful in every part of the game at every level.

PvP twinking in the traditional is a bit dead currently, but there's no shortage of heirloom heroes leveling by PvP. Could depend on your battlegroup, though.

Compared to what a non-heirloom player is likely to have, yes. If anything, it's slightly stronger than before, as there are more heirloom-able slots than previously.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    So yea, a friend of mine and I are looking to check out pandaria till GW2 gets the PvP-update. We would make new characters and enjoy the new 1-60! However, we are both mostly PvP-players. We enjoy dungeons a lot but we also want sometimes to kill people for a couple of hours. So my questions:

-Is the EP gained from Battlegrounds somewhere near the EP you gain from instances and questing in the same amount of time?
    -Hows the balance at 90?

Thanks for answering!

i know this isnt the topic, but got a link for the GW2 pvp update info?

and wow pvp at the moment is very unbalanced at 90. low level is still really bad as well, damage and healing at low level are both really high, but its actually quite fun. im leveling a monk at the moment, and ive done quite a few BGs while leveling as a healer, and im enjoying the low level pvp more than the 90 pvp.

Deleted

-Are lowlvl battlegrounds somewhat balanced? nope
    -Are there a lot of PvP-twinks in normal Battlegrounds? yes if for twink u eman heirloom
    -Is heirloom-gear still so strong? yes but now everyone have heirloom
    -Is the EP gained from Battlegrounds somewhere near the EP you gain from instances and questing in the same amount of time? idk atm
    -How the PvP at 90? More like BC or more like WotLk? i just tell this...season 5 was more balanced
    -Hows the balance at 90? sucks badly

Thanks for answering!

nope

yes if for twink u mean heirloom

yes

idk atm, btw i think if u win the Cta give alot of exp

i just tell this...season 5 was more balanced

-Hows the balance at 90?
    sucks badly

Just as side note, im quitting waiting for the next season for how much it sucks now pvp at 90

Wow okay.

A WvW-update was announced in in a interview with a developer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hByqoWsnz-I

Somewhere they said that they have a patch incoming focused only on sPvP and WvWvW in February/march.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP right now is terrible imo, don't waste your time.

Deleted
    neither trolling nor butthurt just condensing the answer to the very basic truth:

Bad. As bad as it has ever been.

I came back to the game after a close to 2 year hiatus and I am shocked to the bone by how little progress they made. In fact they managed to make the game worse. I understand they want all the most talented people working on Titan but it's depressing to see how they let WoW go to waste so badly.

global or be globalled. pvp in a nutshell atm.

PvP at 90 is horrible. Everybody has some sort of crowd control now. If you enjoy PvP healing as I do, well, you don't get to do much unless you are going against dumb players. Basically you show up at the fight and watch all the new notifications go from "Stunned X seconds" to "Silenced X seconds" to "Horrified" to "stunned" again" to "Holy Locked" and you try to get an instant cast heal in between those while everyone else plays all their buttons. Oh yeah, and I heard that PvP healing was nerfed 30%.

Deleted
    No. There are always 1-2 overpowered classes dominating an entire bracket. Blizzard will never balance this. The most they ever did was to nerf some dmg formulas to prevent healers from oneshotting people.

Yes. Lowlvl BGs are full of people who think 'skill' is oneshotting lesser geared pvp newbies.
    There is a huge Bot-problem atm, I don't know how this affects lowlvl BGs.

Yes. Got even worse with heirloom helmets/cloaks/legs via guild achievements.

Is the EP gained from Battlegrounds somewhere near the EP you gain from instances and questing in the same amount of time?
    If you keep winning, it's decent XP.

How the PvP at 90? More like BC or more like WotLk?
    It is better balanced than BC, but feels a lot worse. If you want to compare it, it's BC-burst (resilience-capped players dying in 3 seconds) with double the amount of CC/stuns/silences.

Hows the balance at 90?
    Bad. But the problem is Blizzard doesn't care. It took them 1 month to find some super obvious bug with BM hunters and a second month to prevent warriors from oneshotting world class players. Beta feedback was ignored etc. With every expansion every class got 3-5 new abilities, new heals, new CDs and new CC… that made pvp over-complex and even harder to balance.
    The balance will get better, but it'll take more time than most of us are willing to wait. On my server I see PvP players quitting, at least temporary.

If you take a look at statistics, it's not that bad, there are at least 7 viable pvp speccs/classes (out of 34 speccs/11 classes, including tanks). If you play holy paladin or frost mage, pvp is OK. If you play rogue or disc priest, not so much.
    Last edited by mmoc38e36cd21e; 2012-12-14 at 06:12 PM.

You mean WOTLK-burst, right?

As my friend just stated while playing her warrior in bgs;

Stun, stun, stun, dead.

I feel this adequately sums up the current state of WoW PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As my friend just stated while playing her warrior in bgs;

Stun, stun, stun, dead.

I feel this adequately sums up the current state of WoW PvP.
    Hasn't it always been this way? Remember mace stuns in BC?

Large healthpoint pools were introduced in Cata with a reason, to increase the longevity of fights, to promote strategic use of skills rather than globalling people; In my opinion it was a right move with a positive effect and success.

Blizzard completely undid this change with the following expansion. Now we still have large hp pools, but they deplete faster than they did in WoTLK. This whole insane amount of burst and cc makes PvP a matter of lag, latency and luck, because either you hit the button first or you lose. Everything happens so fast that it is frustrating.

I quit WoW during WotLK for that reason alone, and will do the same if this keeps going on in 5.2