View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    And when you've done that you become the President! Because thats how politics work.
    Ummm was that my point? I didn't realize that was my point, thank you for informing me.
    No, actually the next guy would be much likely to screw over the population, because he could very likely get murdered too.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Are you kidding? EVERY country in Europe has fought for their rights many times. The world didnt start 1775, way to show your ignorance of world history.
    But if the world is millions of years old then why is it only 2012 now!?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If guns are banned though there won't be any friends to walk into a store with.
    exactly. criminals dont get guns by magic, as many here seem to think. some are stolen, most are obtained legally then given or sold illegally to them.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ocon/guns.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    dont bother the Europeans have no clue about the right to defend themselves they are anti-gun because they didnt fight for their rights long ago
    Glorious post...

[QUOTE=Themius;19455701]Cheeseburgers and fatty food = a person own will to eat.

Being shot by a criminal is no ones own free will. Such a stupid argument.

Also we did put regulation in for fast food to not target children to cut down on childhood obesity. So your whole point is moot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:12 AM ----------

1) I don't think he should be spending life.

2) Come back when you have a story of a man killing 20 people with his fist.[/QUOTE]

The post was to illustrate that Heat of the moment does not end when the gun is not available smart guy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Actually, an armed population could assassinate a despot. You don't need to eliminate the entire government complex, :P
    As Reqq put it the above is also: It's a romantic notion but not a realistic one.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If you want defend yourself visit a martial arts class and you'll be safe from 90% of the robberies. If you want to defend yourself and your family buy and install a good safety system and afford a bullet proof shelter. If someones REALLY wants to see you dead a gun won't help you, if he just wants to rob you a gun will just make the situation more critical. Everyone having a gun won't serve you any good, when a possible madman next door can at any time decide to threaten you with his legal purchased gun.

I have an ability to protect myself from my government, my enemies, and have an ability to secure what i need, should i need.
    Yeah, have fun shooting with your handgun on planes, tanks und educated soldiers.

IN MY OPINION there is no justification why everyone should be allowed to have a gun. Guns dont defend you, they enforce the threat. That is my opinion, you may have yours, and that's fine...in the end I'm not the one having to live with it, I'm just trying to share my thoughts.

Deleted
    But if the world is millions of years old then why is it only 2012 now!?
    A better question is why did god make animals out of stone and put them in the Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    As Reqq put it the above is also: It's a romantic notion but not a realistic one.
    No, not really... Have you ever read Plato's The Republic?
    It's actually the primary reason that Socrates says the life of a despot is a bad one. He fears death from his citizens.

Thank you for not using any thought in your post and just reposting what someone else said.

Ummm was that my point? I didn't realize that was my point, thank you for informing me.
    No, actually the next guy would be much likely to screw over the population, because he could very likely get murdered too.
    My point was that if such a time where a despot in the US then he would have considerable backing in his government. They would most likely purge all in the government who could oppose them - kinda like how Saddam and Stalin did it. Suddenly if you assassinate the leader someone else steps up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    Tokyo having the lowest murder rate has very little to do with their gun control and more to do with its culture
    Japanese still hold value on honor, integrity, personal responsibility, and you are shunned from society if you dint hold those same values. unlike here in America
    whats that? honor, integrity and personal responsibility contribute to a lower crime and murder rate... well shit... Wish we had that here in the US instead of everyone looking to our dear leader to pay for our gas for our cars and everything else...

/sarcasm off.

yes... I agree... but heaven forbid we blame the individual and their lack of personal responsibility, integrity or honor for what happened... its the guns fault.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    Cardiovascular disease is a huge problem in the United States. So is smoking and cardiovascular problems as a result of smoking. However, those are hardly homicides and if anything are suicides. It's pretty hard to stop people from killing themselves with cardiovascular disease if that's what they want. Guns on the other hand commit homicide and people killed by guns have no choice. This difference is pretty clear.
    What about all the children who are fed garbage by their parents for half their lives? They don't have a choice. If you think that it isn't as big of an issue, I see grossly overweight children all day every day as a teacher, and since they don't buy their own food it can't be their own fault. Those children are condemned to a shortened life filled with disease and suffering. This happens all over the nation! Every day! Children's lives being cut short by fast food, not by gunfire. But where's the outcry?

I'm of the belief that some gun regulation is a good thing, let's face it no deer hunter needs an M16 to hunt. But I also share the belief with the founding fathers of my country, that ownership of firearms by citizens is a necessary right; to ensure the defense of the country in the event of an invasion by a foreign power, and to secure our government against the potential development of a dictatorship or monarchy from within. Those might seem like alien concepts right now, but at some point in the lifetime of this nation those threats will have been brought to bear against us, and the second amendment will have protected us from it.

The tragedy that took place yesterday breaks my heart. I am a teacher who has worked with second graders, fourth graders, and many developmentally disabled who have the curious minds of kindergartners, and I am not afraid to admit that I wept upon thinking about this potentially happening to students that I know. The fear that this kind of event generates is immediate and impactful upon our psyche. It is natural that in times like this, people will want to see villains brought to justice for the crimes they commit, and natural that people might see the weapons used in the shootings as a villain to be scorned. But in truth there will be no justice. No law passed now to regulate firearms will bring back the lives lost, nor will it prevent deranged minds in the future from utilizing other means to their ends.

So rather than letting the fear of these shootings rile you into giving up your constitutionally defined rights, use it as an opportunity to step back and see that you do in fact care about the lives of children, and that you are motivated to make changes. The lives of children are in much greater danger from obesity, poverty, neglect, abusive parenting, and subpar educations as a result of insane budget cuts. These dangers are real, they are immediate, and they go almost unspoken because they don't have a face or media coverage.

Deleted
    No, not really... Have you ever read Plato's The Republic?
    It's actually the primary reason that Socrates says the life of a despot is a bad one. He fears death from his citizens.

Thank you for not using any thought in your post and just reposting what someone else said.
    Because we simply assassinated Hitler to end WW2...

My point was that if such a time where a despot in the US then he would have considerable backing in his government. They would most likely purge all in the government who could oppose them - kinda like how Saddam and Stalin did it. Suddenly if you assassinate the leader someone else steps up.
    And thinks to himself, oh shit, if I make my population mad they are going to kill me

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Bombs require time to make, you cant just snap and go on a killing spree with a home made bomb. You would need time to manufacture it, many people would simply "cool off" in that time period.
    im sorry, but this is inaccurate in the cases of our recent major massacres. holmes planned and prepared for his acts for a couple of months before committing them. there are indications yesterday's guy also put time into it. these were not "spur of the moment" sprees

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviney View Post
    Stopped by his mother when she found out what he was planning and that he was disturbed does not equal being stopped by someone that is licensed to carry a handgun. People that are pro-gun will claim that carrying guns stops violent acts. However, mass shootings happen and are never stopped by someone licensed to carry. Individual home burglaries or convenience store robberies from time to time are stopped (and often end up with the criminal shooting the person anyway), but yet mass shootings are not stopped by the people that swear that carrying guns prevents crimes.
    Completely agreed with you.
    The supporters of that theory also outright ignore that someone who's willing to execute such shooting will be even better prepared, knowing that chances are high, that there will be resistance through gun fire...
    Their mind may work like....
    Okay, someone's guaranteed has a gun too. I need even better guns, or maybe even more efficient some hand grenades to take them out for sure.
    Now don't tell me someone it's not easy to get hand grenades..
    I'd actually agree there. Because they don't just circulate that wildly as the guns do, everyone wants to make sure to not be taken away, or controlled just better.
    Does it mean they cannot be obtained? No... someone who really wants hand grenades can get them.
    By that logic, why should hand grenades be illegal? Those are arms too..

Again... You cannot buy hand grenades at gun shows without background checks whatsoever.... You can however buy guns that way.
    You cannot steal hand grenades in people's homes during a break in.... You can however steal their guns.
    Break ins usually happen when no one's at home, and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nice work there.
    But you can be assured, someone discards you, since it's oh so different cultural.
    Doesn't matter that almost every single international city on that list has a multitude of cultures within, compared to every single US city on that list with the exception of New York and LA.... Which is interesting to see.....
    The US cities that are most influenced from outside, from Europe and the like are the safest cities within the US.
    Seoul, 98% Korean. Tokyo, 98% Japanese. Greece is 98% Greek, Toronto is mixed but, mostly European. All in all, we are talking about countries that are largely all one race/colour.

These places have ethnic problems of course, there is no denying, but to pretend like Ethnicity, Race and Religion is not a massive contributing factor in the locations linked with high crime/homicide, is just ridiculous and you end up looking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Because we simply assassinated Hitler to end WW2...
    Yeah exactly, the jews didn't have guns! They were taken away. thank you for reinforcing my point

Guns are bad. "Human rights" are good. American freedom is an illusion.

Be nice, and live well.

[QUOTE=Madmajix;19455715]
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Cheeseburgers and fatty food = a person own will to eat.

Being shot by a criminal is no ones own free will. Such a stupid argument.

Also we did put regulation in for fast food to not target children to cut down on childhood obesity. So your whole point is moot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 11:12 AM ----------

1) I don't think he should be spending life.

2) Come back when you have a story of a man killing 20 people with his fist.[/QUOTE]

The post was to illustrate that Heat of the moment does not end when the gun is not available smart guy
    Beating to death = time taken = possible time to stop them. Getting shot in the head though, there is no defense for that.