Deleted
    So, people noticed the SoI stealth nerf yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    So, people noticed the SoI stealth nerf yet?
    ....... go on

EDIT: Just saw the replies in the SoI thread. FML.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-18 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed this earlier. Sadtimes.

Also an update on earlier for those who asked, I've reverted and gone Mastery build /sadface. This is only temporary until I have access to more gear, I'm desperately trying to get hit and exp capped and I'm really close but the only gear available to be at the moment has more mastery on it in this situation and I only have like 3 or 4 gem slots, all of which have expertise in. Therefore it's mastery for about a week then I can go haste and have a bit of fun Getting the ret gear and maintaining hit/exp is too difficult at the moment so it was a choice and I made it.

Also, finally updated the weapon enchant section of the guide... derp.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was wondering if anyone could explain the effect of Spell haste on Proot paladoons? I'm fairly sure the only thing it influences is our SS ticks, and all other main HP gen abilities are Melee haste based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Yes Xothic. Not much more to say. I am not 100% sure, possible that it affects the tick speed of censure. Never bothered checking tbh as it would not really make a difference.

I wish that they made all GCDs scale with haste though. So annoying having some GCDs on 1.5s while the rest is on 1.1 sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Xothic. Not much more to say. I am not 100% sure, possible that it affects the tick speed of censure. Never bothered checking tbh as it would not really make a difference.

I wish that they made all GCDs scale with haste though. So annoying having some GCDs on 1.5s while the rest is on 1.1 sec.
    Thought so, cheers.

Also, I am currently having a sad at the HoTR/SoI nerf.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Thought so, cheers.

Also, I am currently having a sad at the HoTR/SoI nerf.
    It's fucking shit. I hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not 100% sure, possible that it affects the tick speed of censure.
    Yeah, it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. I have a dillema. I managed to pick up the normal helm tier token last night on Sha of Fear N, and I cannot decide whether or not to go for the ret helmet or the prot helmet for my tanking set.

This is currently how I see it;

Pro's of Ret:
    Significantly better itemised
    I am unlikely to ever get the fourset prot bonus regardless of what I choose

Con's of Ret:
    I will miss out on a likely 2set prot bonus.

Pro's of Prot:
    Will be able to eventually pick up an easy two set bonus. However, debatable exactly how useful a minute off AD is.

Con's of Prot:
    Significantly worse itemization (one wasted stat, parry).

Anyone have any definitive advice?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Personally I am not planning on getting prot set at all, planning on going with off set pieces mostly, and maybe some retri pieces. Pro of retri piece is that is very useful if you have a retri off spec.

If you plan on getting prot set, fine, get the helm, you will want it.

If you do not plan on getting it, then go with retri.
    Retri piece is better in every aspect except of the set bonus.

You can not really compare stats to set bonus in this case so it is a choice you got to make yourself.

It is my own opinion that the prot bonus is not strong enough to warrant the horrible stats, yet to mention that retri sets are useful for retri os. If the 2p was 1 min off GoAK, maybe. But not when it is AD. There is currently no fight that needs a cheat death every 2 minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-20 at 05:02 AM.

The 4set is awesome, the 2 set is pointless. Save tier tokens for prot until you can get the 4set bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The 4set is awesome, the 2 set is pointless. Save tier tokens for prot until you can get the 4set bonus.
    Awesome? 10% of you current % of damage reduction on SotR?

Imagine you have 45% of damage reduction from SotR without the 4set. When you equip the 4set you are bumped to 49.5% assuming mastery doesn't change. Assuming a ~50% uptime on SotR, this 4.5% increase ends up working out to be a 2.25% total damage reduction increase.

It's ok, sure. But not awesome by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Turv is right, it's 10% of your current mitigation, not an additional 10%. So it's better for mastery stackers vs haste stackers. I remember someone testing it not long ago and reporting that disappointment here.

In that case I probably won't bother at all with tier stuff. Itemisation is shite anyway.

Deleted
    10% absolute would unfortunately be too good. =(

Always baseline taking the 4 set was boring anyway, this time around we can actually choose determined by the actual itemization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me, I'm just taking all the 489 offpieces. Some ret pieces are nice, but I can't be arsed to reforge and regem and re-enchant everytime.

Suggest cleaning up Gemming section. Looks like a wall of text.

And wow, I came here wondering why a prot pally stacks Haste. Seems silly we have to obtain DPS gear just to tank.

Deleted
    Actually i enjoy what blizz have done with protpaladins in MoP(hope they do not change/ nerf much)...I still wait when they will make that every stat is usefull in some way(to give the option what you want to chose, haste, crit, full avoidance etc, etc). Blahh still have to dream more

ps: and i love plate dps tears...naaahhh, not my BiS please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    Suggest cleaning up Gemming section. Looks like a wall of text.

And wow, I came here wondering why a prot pally stacks Haste. Seems silly we have to obtain DPS gear just to tank.
    Will clean it by doing links and stuff later. And we don't have to we can do the same as we did in cata and take tank gear favouring mastery. We'll do less dps and self healing but we'll end up with the same damage reduction thereabouts. Difference is small.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 04:21 PM ----------

Convinced this was posted before but I can't see it. Anyone tested or simmed or anything the difference between Kil'rak and the legendary 500str gem vs the Scimitar? Whilst we can get more haste out of the Scimitar due to the gem slot which isn't limiting, the 500 strength gives a nice amount of parry (and increased white damage for SoI heals). Am I right in saying:

hc Kilrak > hc Scimitar > hc Elegion - then repeat with the normal versions in that order?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.