Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do we get punished for doing our best?

Posted on the forums http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297430259#1
    I post this here to see if anyone else is experiencing this as very painfull.

Blizzard is giving us an incentive of valor points in order to get people who want to progress faster.. have the option to do so.

I am one of those players, and i am glad that there is an option for us to progress a bit faster.
    However i feel punished and hold back for wanting to be better :'(

I do my dailies, all of them every day, i do my random heroic, LFR, etc..

The only thing stopping me is the valor cap. It is not even balanced.

- If you do your dailies each day that is like: approx 30 dailies x 5 valor point = 150 valor points
    - One week = 150 x 7 = 1050 valor points
    - Daily heroic = 80 x 7 = 560 valor points
    - First weekly raid finder = 90 valor points
    - All bosses = 45 valor points x 17 = 765 valor points
    - Daily scenario = 40 x 7 = 280 valor points
    And many more to sum up bringing my weekly earn valor points to 2745 valor points.

The cap at the moment is 1000 while an item is in average somewhere around 1300-1500 valor points.

This means that for doing my best ill be lucky to get 1 item every 2 weeks.. while i have put in more effort then the earnings.

If you buy for example Sunspeaker's Flared Gloves it costs 1750 which means 2 weeks working en then i have 250 left .. than i need to work 2 weeks again to get something else. This being said i also lose 1745 valor point each week.

Surely you guys can either raise the valor cap OR lower the valor point requirement... i can't even upgrade my items cuz i will not have enough to buy an item then.

This is being painfull to a lot of people and i rly hope that you guys look into this matter.

Friendly greetings,
    Alisce.

You know that this is not an official blizzard forum?

I believe the point cap was put in place so that players wouldn't feel the need to do everything every day. Instead they just need to do a combination of activities that will allow them to gain 1000 points over the week. The original intent on badge/valor gear was that it was a side reward for raiding to fill in slots that you still needed due to bad RNG.

Deleted
    you are supposed to play for months with same content, that's why the progress is slowed while rewarding those who play a bit each week to keep them hooked

Deleted
    VP items are meant to provide upgrades for slots you aint lucky with.
    they arent meant too give you an entire gear set.

(and yes im aware VP kinda did that in Cata, but it wasnt designed for that)

Blizzard wants you to... you know, actually play what they have put the most effort into to get badges; not just do dailies.

PET BATTLES!

(Just kidding. Raid content.)

The whole purpose of the low weekly valour cap and the cost of items purchased with them is to keep players running the content available for as long as possible therefore I doubt they will alter the cost or cap anytime soon. I would imagine that by doing so many dailies each day you are already exalted with the respective factions so I do not see the point of doing any dailies outside of those that earn you enough coins for the extra rolls each week.

Personally in your position I would spend less time on your main and maybe put some time into leveling an alt or two, I know its not really what you want to hear but I really do not see the situation changing in the foreseeable future.

Deleted
    If you really are putting in maximum effort... why the hell are you still doing dailies then? I call bs on your "hardcoreness".

The valor cap is high enough. Actually I think it may be bit too hard to reach if you want to play alts stuff like brawler's guild or soloing. As soon as one is done with dailies, som parts of lfr and gearing up through hc's you do not earn a lot of valor points anymore. Even when farming raids as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    You know that this is not an official blizzard forum?
    Read the first 2 sentences.

Ok i'm well aware of the fact that it should not give you a whole set. I'm not even asking for that.

My main point is that the balance is rly off.. asking for 1750 valor points to get an item when the minimum cap is 1000 is just cruel, because you cannot upgrade another item or so ..

Therefor i would prefer either
    a) make cap higher to 1500 or 1750
    or
    b) make the requirements to buy lower

---------- Post added 2013-01-02 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    If you really are putting in maximum effort... why the hell are you still doing dailies then? I call bs on your "hardcoreness".
    I do it to get raid rdy.. which i'm not, i'm doing all the dailies, lfr and sha. But that is not on topic.

For now i need to be lucky to get a raid item in LFR (like this week i got none) and then i don't get anything from valor either cuz it costs to much and i bought an item last week.

Cap is defi not high enough when you focus on 1 char.

While I think the cap of 1.000 valor is too little aswell. I like how they spread valor around. So you won't have to do ALL of these dailies or only dungeons or only raids etc. Sure that is catered towards the casual attitude. But also towards players who will be burned out rather quickly if they feel forced to cap everything. but again 1k points is not enough imo. Perhaps 1.250/1.500 would be more proper.

The weekly cap is designed so that people can catch up on a weekly basis if they are unable to play some days. Removing the cap would make every daily mandatory, as well as constant heroic farming, kill every boss in every raid, etc... It'd be terrible.

Increasing the weekly cap isn't needed or desired, either. I sometimes struggle to hit the cap some weeks, and I know some of my guildies have it worse. There are plenty of other ways to progress your character beyond VP, at any rate.

Honestly the only thing I want is a removal of the overall 3k cap. That's a pointless thing and entirely unnecessary. At the moment all it's doing is forcing me to upgrade non-BiS items, which feels wrong. I want to save my VP for BiS items, since it will be impossible to fully upgrade everything before 5.2.

Weekly cap however? More than fine. Keep it please.

short answer sadly is blizz wants more money for as long as they can milk it out of wow... the more weeks u have to do stuff = more sub you have to pay =/

i feel your pain ive been sitting at 3k valor cap on some toons for a while which i can never spend because i dont do dailys ... or have any epics pieces to spend it on cuz LFR doesnt drop anything but gold

Because some people have lives outside of the game.

Deleted
    If there wasn't a cap, people would just get all the VP they need in a couple of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't fear the cap... you welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.
    Torture, you ask?
    Yes. But not of your epics... of your iLvl.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I run Challenge Modes all day every day and i gain 86240 Valor Points every week.
    I feel very mistreated by any cap that is lower !

Quote Originally Posted by Alisya View Post

Ok i'm well aware of the fact that it should not give you a whole set. I'm not even asking for that.

My main point is that the balance is rly off.. asking for 1750 valor points to get an item when the minimum cap is 1000 is just cruel, because you cannot upgrade another item or so ..

or

I do it to get raid rdy.. which i'm not, i'm doing all the dailies, lfr and sha. But that is not on topic.

For now i need to be lucky to get a raid item in LFR (like this week i got none) and then i don't get anything from valor either cuz it costs to much and i bought an item last week.

As I said earlier they will not do it as players once they have fully geared their characters tend not to continue to run the content, whilst there is the option of gearing an alt many do not or find that once they start the grind is not so much fun the second time around. With no incentive to run current content there is a high risk that the player will unsubscribe.

I do agree that they have been a little extreme this time with caps and costs but I really do not see them making any changes to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, it's to keep you subscribed, nothing more.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

or

Huh ? if you can queue for the ilvl 470 ones you are ready for raiding normals and if your good even heroics.

Deleted
    a) make cap higher to 1500 or 1750 or b) make the requirements to buy lower
    Something makes me think that a couple of weeks after Blizzard grants your request, you would be making posts about having cleared all content and that Blizzard should hurry up putting out new content patches already.