Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Nope, not a filler. Its actually lore. And I loved it since I end up not reading the books and stuff, rather its lore progressing within the game. Loved it.
    Glad you enjoyed, sadly I didn't myself. It doesn't feel right to drag a bunny out of that hat..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    They actually did add fine amount of raids, and the quality of them were good. It's just that they weren't as appealing to me. I've finished them. There's nothing to do anymore :S
    You could try doing the raids on normal mode, rather than LFR. The rewards are better, the mechanics actually matter, and you can do them with friends/guildies.

The storyline isn't terrible. It's decent. But it's still fillers. 5.2 offers although will seem to change it.
    Patch by patch they're explaining why the incoming Horde rebellion and Alliance are willing to stand together.

What's filler about that? It's progressively setting up the final raid of the expansion; Garrosh Hellscream.

As for the actual content, Blizzard has put out some of their best quality work into MoP thus far. The raids have been fantastic in both enjoyment, theme, setup, etc while the questing and storylines are second only to Wrath.

edit: The reason they do dailies and gating is because that gives people stuff to do and a goal to work towards. They can't make an endless stream of content. Dailies with periodic lore oriented break ups like you see in Golden Lotus and Pandaren Campaign quests have been a great way to incorporate fun lore events and storytelling with constant gameplay.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-01-03 at 05:06 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    Talk about a misleading thread title.
    The tthread is chatoic atm, we were discussing something else, now we're at lore. I hope a moderator can just close it, I take a bit responsible for leading it the wrong way myself .. Either way, I've got nothing to add.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 06:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    You could try doing the raids on normal mode, rather than LFR. The rewards are better, the mechanics actually matter, and you can do them with friends/guildies.
    I've done them on normal. Even on HC. Just not everything on HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    What about pet battle? mount collection? pet collection? If you didn't do all quests than that is a lot of content you missed out...on both factions.

Just in MoP, all the rare spawns, the hidden items... just there you have countless hours before you have them all.
    Exactly.
    Op just needs more stuff because hes interested in a few aspects of the game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Patch by patch they're explaining why the incoming Horde rebellion and Alliance are willing to stand together.

What's filler about that? It's progressively setting up the final raid of the expansion; Garrosh Hellscream.

As for the actual content, Blizzard has put out some of their best quality work into MoP thus far. The raids have been fantastic in both enjoyment, theme, setup, etc. The questing and storylines are second only to Wrath.
    That's not the filler. That's the real beauty lore I wish for 5.2. But what is filler for me is the Panda factions and the history here. It's extremely well made,but it's a filler. But the Horde VS Alliance is just lovely, can't wait for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP, Sheez, give the guy a break... You're making mountains out of... well, nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just because it isn't a raid or new BG/Arena doesn't mean it is a "filler" patch. There is more to content than raids or PvP in a box.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Exactly.
    Op just needs more stuff because hes interested in a few aspects of the game.
    I could be a doctor, I could be a singer or I could even be a engineer in life. But I take the aspects of life that suit me. I've got all quests, well not everything but almost everything in Azeroth Done, Outland CHECKD, Notherend CHECKD. Panda, only the 3 starting places.. I'm not into pets, I play in fact pokemon when bored. It's actually better tbh. either way, it's something to do I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Around 30-40 on a daily bassis. Working 6 times a week. 8 Hours. You get the drill. Since I've been 14, I am 20 now. Counting 14 as a age up to now that's 7 years. 365 * 7 = 86 870 if my math isn't failing. Although many of these are the same customers. In the previous year (2012) I had around 4 people asking me if I was interresed in a better job.

I am arguing yes, but that's what the forums are there for, discussion, argue. I feel most of the people here are angry at me, I'm taking this very lightly. not offended by anyone. I wouldn't understand why one would. It goes a bit out of hand at places but that's the story..
    20? 20? Fair enough, I wont use your youth and inexperience with life or business against you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Prove me that, how would you know what's happening at Blizzard? T
    Oh the irony in this post.
    How would YOU know what's happening at Blizzard? How would YOU know that over half their WoW designers are doing other stuff?

I did everything possible on my main. Started on my alt, problem is, my alt can't get to the level of my main due to the silly gating system. A game company should be putting content all the time, look at rift, they're getting downed on the review for it having way too much content. How about that?
    O rly?
    Let's see your main with max achivement points and every feat of strength possible by a single toon. If you do, congrats. You're entitled to whine your ass off. Otherwise, stop reading too much into every single post made by a Bliz rep.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just because it isn't a raid or new BG/Arena doesn't mean it is a "filler" patch. There is more to content than raids or PvP in a box.
    Never said so. 3 Raids 1 New Arena and Loads of dungeon have been added. Contintents. It's just not that lore related as the usual WoW History. That's why I call it filler. Filler doesn't necesary mean bad. It's just not related to the stoyline. it's well made.

That's not the filler. That's the real beauty lore I wish for 5.2. But what is filler for me is the Panda factions and the history here. It's extremely well made,but it's a filler. But the Horde VS Alliance is just lovely, can't wait for it.
    The Pandaren factions weren't filler. They were just the start of the storyline with the players being essentially a recon team that take out major threats, recruiting some Pandaren in the process, and setting up the storyarch with Garrosh's power trip. Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear gave us insight into the history of Pandaria and the power and effects of the weapons that Garrosh wants to use and wipe out everyone.

Without aiding the Pandaren in battling the Mogu there wouldn't be some massively powerful artifact available or the opportunity for Garrosh to use it. Or without seeing the effects of the Sha and wiping them out, there wouldn't be the influence to try to control that power. Seeing the power and destroying it gives Garrosh both the influence and opportunity and gives the players that sense of danger when finding out Garrosh intends to use it.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-01-03 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said so. 3 Raids 1 New Arena and Loads of dungeon have been added. Contintents. It's just not that lore related as the usual WoW History. That's why I call it filler. Filler doesn't necesary mean bad. It's just not related to the stoyline. it's well made.
    How is 5.0 and 5.1 not related to the storyline?

10+ Year Old Account
    The storyline isn't terrible. It's decent. But it's still fillers. 5.2 offers although will seem to change it.

5.2 is a continuation of 5.1 with trolls and mogu. If you didnt like 5.2 i highly doubt you will like 5.2. This is expansion is about discovering a new land and fighting over its resources. Then an overly aggressive leader starts doing crap that is way to brutal and heartless. Both sides take him down. All cataclysm was is a dragon breaking free from his prison and roaring. Not many people knew who Deathwing was compared to Chen Stormstout pre cataclysm.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    Oh the irony in this post.
    How would YOU know what's happening at Blizzard? How would YOU know that over half their WoW designers are doing other stuff?

O rly?
    Let's see your main with max achivement points and every feat of strength possible by a single toon. If you do, congrats. You're entitled to whine your ass off. Otherwise, stop reading too much into every single post made by a Bliz rep.
    I'm not going to link my armory here for obvious reasons. I could link a picutre censored with the name but that would bring nothing as it takes nothing more than a inspect on a random dude. I'm not linking my armory here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a timeline on how much I can play. Raid 4 times a week. Monday - Thursday. 22.00 - 01.00. I work on daytime from 14.00-21.00 monday to friday, saturday is off and sunday is work every second week. I spend 3 * 4 = 12 hours on raids, probably around 3 hours on arena and 6-8 hours on other stuff. Average around 22-25 hours a week.
    As i said, numbers aren't accurate i put numbers for you to get the point.... which you didn't.

12 hrs/week on raid is a lot more than most ppl can put. 3 hrs on pvp, is average but not for somebody who already do 12hrs raids. Plus 6-8 on other things, which is a lot. Combine all this you play way more that the average wow player. (but you said 20!... again numbers are set as example).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    5.2 is a continuation of 5.1 with trolls and mogu. If you didnt like 5.2 i highly doubt you will like 5.2. This is expansion is about discovering a new land and fighting over its resources. Then an overly aggressive leader starts doing crap that is way to brutal and heartless. Both sides take him down. All cataclysm was is a dragon breaking free from his prison and roaring. Not many people knew who Deathwing was compared to Chen Stormstout pre cataclysm.
    How couldn't they? It was written all over outland and wotlk about deathwing. You even had his sons scattered through outland and azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said earlier that you didnt like the horde vs alliance war cause it was too much like vanilla or something like that. Point stands you didnt like horde vs alliance 6 pages ago and now you do? Make up your mind please.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is 5.0 and 5.1 not related to the storyline?
    The leading theme to Horde vs Alliance is . Panda part, not so much.