Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Angel Beats had it's share of sad moments, haven't watched Clannad yet but I've heard it's the top
    dog for emotional stuff.

Surprisingly the death if Minene in Mirai Nikki was pretty sad, she's my favorite character in the series.

And from the more recent stuff, the first 10 minutes of Kotoura San were extremely emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You'll likely regret that. There is no happiness at all, no redeeming happy parts, nothing. Its just 100% pure sadness.

When I read this title I immediately thought of Grave of the Fireflies.
    Well I don't mind checking out new animes even if there sad ones as long as the story is decent.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Air Tv. Pretty much all of it. It's just sad. I don't cry for anything really, but that anime had the tears flowing like rivers. I'd say why exactly but it would defeat the purpose of even watching the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well I don't mind checking out new animes even if there sad ones as long as the story is decent.
    I just wanted to warn you, no one warned me. I'm not an overly emotional person, I don't cry often at all... I am an electrician who has had to dig ditches in the hail and snow and enjoyed it, I was on the wrestling team in high school. Tears poured down my face when I saw that movie. I am not ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I had the totally irrational urge to stand up and salute in the direction of my computer screen when watching the Major Huges funeral, I'd say that is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Whoever brought up Grave of the Fireflies, fuck you! We don't talk about that.
    Now I have to go watch it with that kind of reaction.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-01-14 at 06:35 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Whoever brought up Grave of the Fireflies, fuck you! We don't talk about that.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Since I had the totally irrational urge to stand up and salute in the direction of my computer screen when watching the Major Huges funeral, I'd say that is for me.

Now I have to go watch it with that kind of reaction.
    DONT! If you thought Maes dying was bad...

Deleted
    When Ash left Charizard in Pokémon. )):

Oh wow. This a rough question.

Saddest thing overall? 5 Centimeters Per Second. I can't really specify a moment but the whole thing is brutally sad (and applicable to many people). Highly suggest watching.

A couple Naruto moments were very very well done emotionally.

Jirayai's death in Naruto was heart wrenching. His noble death and the effect it had on Naruto was truly touching, especially for the genre.

When Naruto meets his mom and dad, both separately it was awesome. They did the love of a parent very well and it was touchingly sad. If you watched Movie 4 then you also see him and his dad fighting together...at the end when he's fixing the time hole he mouths "I love you" right before he sends Naruto to the right time..it was very sad.

Super big spoiler below for Naruto manga..just a warning.
    Neji's sacrifice to save Hinata and Naruto was so great. I was sad to see an old character I hold dear go but it was awesome that he brought his story full circle with himself.

Fairy Tail had a good moment.

Simon's death in the tower was underplayed but very emotionally significant. It ends up having story value MUCH later as well.

AnoHana overall is sad but the ending..just the ending.

While some dislike it...this moment in ToraDora killed it for my feels.

Last but not least..the first anime scene I cried to as a kid. I will never regret it either.
    Last edited by Entreric; 2013-01-14 at 06:58 AM.

All of Casshern SINS.

I haven't seen anyone mention Angel Beats really. Quite a sad ending (To me at least) When everyone slowly disappears, whom you've come to be best friends with over the course of your stay. Only to know that any memories they had of you to be wiped away completely. Made me cry quite a bit cause it reminds me of my fear of death and emptiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Entreric View Post
    Last but not least..the first anime scene I cried to as a kid. I will never regret it either.
    Ya i got to admit that last scene in the first pokemon was sad and maybe the most violent pokemon ever and maybe event he only time someone died in it "for a moment"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    I haven't seen anyone mention Angel Beats really. Quite a sad ending (To me at least) When everyone slowly disappears, whom you've come to be best friends with over the course of your stay. Only to know that any memories they had of you to be wiped away completely. Made me cry quite a bit cause it reminds me of my fear of death and emptiness.
    I haven't watched it but my friends all cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    It did get to me, it's just not the saddest I've seen.

Stupid question, how do you add those bacl bars for the spoilers?

Stupid question, how do you add those bacl bars for the spoilers?
    type in [.spoiler] Info here [./Spoiler] Without the ..

10+ Year Old Account

one of my finest

lay down
    cry
    a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    type in [.spoiler] Info here [./Spoiler] Without the ..
    Ahh! Thank you so much!

Ahh! Thank you so much!
    np at all.

Definatley Hughes funeral, when van Hoenhiem died and the bit with Nina.