Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's been confirmed that the Crown Of Heavens is a meta-gem. NOT an enchant/enchantment. Saw it somewere on the front page today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    I believe it's been confirmed that the Crown Of Heavens is a meta-gem. NOT an enchant/enchantment. Saw it somewere on the front page today.
    You are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the VA is getting better, I don't think it's THAT good. Lor'themar just sounds like some american dude reading what the script says, I just don't feel it. His thalassian makes me cringe. Jaina's VA sounds like she's really trying, but it still sounds forced. Idk, maybe I just expect too much. Voice acting has never been considered a particularly fancy job in western culture.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say it is nice not to hear Chris Metzen talk to Chris Metzen about Chris Metzen for what Chris Metzen did and who Chris Metzen loves. Other voices are very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    While the VA is getting better, I don't think it's THAT good. Lor'themar just sounds like some american dude reading what the script says, I just don't feel it. His thalassian makes me cringe. Jaina's VA sounds like she's really trying, but it still sounds forced. Idk, maybe I just expect too much. Voice acting has never been considered a particularly fancy job in western culture.
    I feel bad for alliance players. Lor'themar sounds bad ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Gotta say it is nice not to hear Chris Metzen talk to Chris Metzen about Chris Metzen for what Chris Metzen did and who Chris Metzen loves. Other voices are very nice!
    Indeed. He's either taking a break or someone told him to go away for a while.

inv_staff_2h_bloodelf_c_01

Is that a for all blood elf classes?

thats not true, there has been alot of great voice actors over the past few decades.

making broad baseless statements is a great way to put your foot in your mouth.
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-01-17 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    thats not true, there has been alot of great voice actors over the past few decades.

making broad baseless statements is a great way to put your foot in your mouth.
    Not once in my post did I say that there aren't great voice actors out there.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Not once in my post did I say that there aren't great voice actors out there.
    you said "Voice acting has never been considered a particularly fancy job in western culture" which isn't true.

there are several voice actors who are only that and are rather famous for it, case in point Jennifer Hale.
    there are several live-action actors who became voice actors and are now famous for doing so, case in point Mark Hammil as the Joker in the DCAU and the recent arkham games.

hell even the great Orson Welles last part was voicing Unicron in the original G1 transformers movie.

you said "Voice acting has never been considered a particularly fancy job in western culture" which isn't true.

there are several voice actors who are only that and are rather famous for it, case in point Jennifer Hale.
    there are several live-action actors who became voice actors and are now famous for doing so, case in point Mark Hammil as the Joker in the DCAU and the recent arkham games.

hell even the great Orson Welles last part was voicing Unicron in the original G1 transformers movie.

Still, far from seiyuu in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Kind of sad they used a new person for Elsias roll. Not say Lady liadrin. If blizz is going to put out so much blood elf lore she should have got major highlight.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Scout_Captain_Elsia isn't a new character per-say, she just hasn't been a prominent figure until now.

10+ Year Old Account

There are a few, yes, but several? Hardly. What I meant with my previous post was that it's not like people want to grow up to become a VA instead of an actor. Or, since you seem to enjoy nitpicking, I guess there would be a few out there, but not anywhere near many.

And yeah, I stand by my previous point. WoW VA is still not that good, it's just not as bad as it used to be.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

And yeah, I stand by my previous point. WoW VA is still not that good, it's just not as bad as it used to be.

yeah, i agree with that, its good they're finally hiring professional voice actors rather then the meme of "its chris metzen"(who voices several of the more predominate characters and has the range of a bread stick).

I've actually heard a couple i recognize, sha of fear and elegon sound like Starscream and Megatron from the recent TF: Prime series respectively.

I was just surprised that players now give some attention to "there is something dark underneath pandaria", now that it is being stated by Wrathion.
    Didn't we hear this line before this?
    When I click on of the questgivers from the golden lotus, he says the same thing.
    There are more npc's stating that Pandaria has a deep dark secret.

Didn't you guys hear that before or is there something different this time we hear it?

Is it just me or does Lor'Theron sound kind of Australian all of a sudden? Granted I haven't been keeping up with any of his new sound files.

Also he seemed so intrigued by blood use/magic, but don't the Blood Elves specifically have an RPG class that is basically Blood Mages? Or maybe they're more akin to Warlocks where they're not really publicly condoned or known about.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 01:23 AM ----------

There are a few, yes, but several? Hardly. What I meant with my previous post was that it's not like people want to grow up to become a VA instead of an actor. Or, since you seem to enjoy nitpicking, I guess there would be a few out there, but not anywhere near many.
    You really...haven't kept up with animation for the last few decades, have you? There's plenty of actors who were once big in live action, that are now more well known for voice acting (Adam West, Ernest Borgnine, Patrick Warburton) and even more who've become plenty famous by doing nothing but voice acting (Seth McFarlane, Vic Mignona [who made his own WoW commericial], Richard Horvitz, Steven Blum). Not to mention the countless e-personalities who are all known solely by their distinctive voices.
    Just because you don't pay attention to something doesn't mean it's not important, or that people don't aspire to it.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    inv_staff_2h_bloodelf_c_01

Is that a for all blood elf classes?
    Can you update us with a datamined model of the blood elf staff and the Gnome Warlock staff? I cannot find it anywhere personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    You really...haven't kept up with animation for the last few decades, have you? There's plenty of actors who were once big in live action, that are now more well known for voice acting (Adam West, Ernest Borgnine, Patrick Warburton) and even more who've become plenty famous by doing nothing but voice acting (Seth McFarlane, Vic Mignona [who made his own WoW commericial], Richard Horvitz, Steven Blum). Not to mention the countless e-personalities who are all known solely by their distinctive voices.
    Just because you don't pay attention to something doesn't mean it's not important, or that people don't aspire to it.
    Just because an actor became a VA instead it doesn't automatically makes them good, hell they could've even been forced into it because lack of live action roles. Not saying that must be the case with your examples, though. I do believe that was the case with Mark Hamill. Just seen as Luke until the Joker, which he did good. But that's 1 role.

Family Guy is famous, yes, but just like The Simpsons there are few people out there who gives as crap about who's voice is behind the character, which is what I'm talking about. Voice Acting just isn't that big of a thing in western culture, few people actually cares about VA's, which makes it far less lucrative than regular acting. It wasn't until just a few years back that more games began to really bother with the voices of characters. Most older games have horrible voices.

When I think e-personality I instantly think TotalBiscuit, and people seem to enjoy listening to him more because of his accent than "distinctive voice". Whenever someone make me watch his videos (just not a real fan of his thing) and he, for example, reads a quest in WoW, I slap that mute button as fast as possible.

I'm terribly sorry for going so offtopic, I never imagined someone wouldn't share my opinion on western VA's. Scunosi, if you want to reply please do so in a PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Just to point out, the new voice actor for Lor'Themar is actually really quite famous; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256297/

Blizzard probably paid quite abit to hire him. I'm pleased with the result, it atleast infers that Blizzard are making an effort to distinguish characters from one another now. As someone already mentioned, it got boring really quickly of hearing Metzen talk to Metzen who was talking about Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Just to point out, the new voice actor for Lor'Themar is actually really quite famous; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256297/

Blizzard probably paid quite a bit to hire him. I'm pleased with the result, it at least infers that Blizzard are making an effort to distinguish characters from one another now. As someone already mentioned, it got boring really quickly of hearing Metzen talk to Metzen who was talking about Metzen.
    Is Blizzard finally announcing/advertising who they're getting to do voice work? Or are people just puzzling them out?
    For the longest time WoW's been really bad about not listing anyone who does voicework in any sort of credits, and a lot of it's just been sort of fan-accepted speculation.