Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I've had Dawnguard installed for quite awhile now, although I have not yet visited the fort or anything. So far I've had a few vampire attacks, but usually it's one or two guys, or one guy with two hounds. Guards took care of them before they could kill anyone (usually townspeople flee when low on health). There was only one time where the vampires killed the stable people in Whiterun, but that was about it. Never had anyone in interiors die before.
    Yea, I wasnt' really concerned about the random vampire attacks.

It was more directly related to the "secret stealth killer" one that takes people out in interiors, when the player is off somewhere else in town. Who even after you catch and kill, respawns randomly and starts killing NPCs again. Inside buildings you're not in...
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    As far as I am aware Rain there is no way to do so in the Vanilla game, you might be able to find some type of "send foe to Oblivion" spell mod or something that could do the trick.
    Ah well, I'll see what happens. After some more extensive googling, some posters on a forum brought up the idea of killing him through...fall damage...that's apperantly viable. That could be a contrived and possibly be patience testing way of dealing with him! I'll report back with the results at some point.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to TES 6: Do you guys think they will have to set that game about 20-50 years in the future? I mainly ask because there are so many options that they will have to think about: Assassination of the emperor, civil war outcome, etc. How are they going to go about setting up the next game without answering these questions. The only thing i could think of is if they set it about 50 years in the future and just saying this person died and this person died and this person got crowed king. But what do you guys think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jermo22 View Post
    In regards to TES 6: Do you guys think they will have to set that game about 20-50 years in the future? I mainly ask because there are so many options that they will have to think about: Assassination of the emperor, civil war outcome, etc. How are they going to go about setting up the next game without answering these questions. The only thing i could think of is if they set it about 50 years in the future and just saying this person died and this person died and this person got crowed king. But what do you guys think?
    Whatever happens, I want the official lore to say that the Dragonborn was a khajit and then became king of Skyrim.

Well, it's what, 200 years since Oblivion? I would guess at least 100 years between Skyrim and the next one, maybe more time between. That way the world will be calmed from the events of Skyrim, just in time for some other shit to hit the fan.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Well, it's what, 200 years since Oblivion? I would guess at least 100 years between Skyrim and the next one, maybe more time between. That way the world will be calmed from the events of Skyrim, just in time for some other shit to hit the fan.
    Yeah that's what I kinda figured but over-hearing General Tullius, he says that he thinks there will be another war soon. So i guess well just have to wait and see what Bethesda meaning of "soon" is. But you'd think they will have to wait because of all the optional quests you can do that will impact lore. hmmmm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Whatever happens, I want the official lore to say that the Dragonborn was a khajit and then became king of Skyrim.
    Dragonborn will never have a race or gender in canon lore.. hence he/she can't become a king or an emperor unless its trivial and meaningless. For example gets bored and mysteriously leaves after a few years or the empire crumbles and a new empire is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    The issue is that while Alduin was bad and the Dragonborn stopped him, he by no means stopped the end of the world. The high elves are winning right now and their plan is to bring about the end of the world. There's no way in hell that they could leave the Aldmeri Dominion storyarc alone. It NEEDS to end in a Skyrim expansion otherwise the next Elder Scrolls game isn't going to be set in a new era.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    A question for more experienced players. I have the game and Dawnguard on Steam, and am looking for mods that add content. What I mean by that is dungeons, quests and the like. Can you guys recommend me some please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    A question for more experienced players. I have the game and Dawnguard on Steam, and am looking for mods that add content. What I mean by that is dungeons, quests and the like. Can you guys recommend me some please?
    Moonpath to Elsweyr
    Dark Brotherhood Resurrection
    Faction: Pit Fighter
    Sea of Ghosts
    No Mercy
    And the Realms of Daedra
    Into the Depths

It's been a while since I've played some of them but they were all fun and pretty lore-friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had my first follower death today (J'Zargo - dumbass charged in a mile away to a hallway of falmers). I was so heartbroken, I had to restrain myself from hitting reload. So hard to find mage followers, had it been one of my warrior followers I won't feel so terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Moonpath to Elsweyr
    Dark Brotherhood Resurrection
    Faction: Pit Fighter
    Sea of Ghosts
    No Mercy
    And the Realms of Daedra
    Into the Depths

It's been a while since I've played some of them but they were all fun and pretty lore-friendly.
    Thanks I will give them a try later today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The issue is that while Alduin was bad and the Dragonborn stopped him, he by no means stopped the end of the world. The high elves are winning right now and their plan is to bring about the end of the world. There's no way in hell that they could leave the Aldmeri Dominion storyarc alone. It NEEDS to end in a Skyrim expansion otherwise the next Elder Scrolls game isn't going to be set in a new era.
    I think that story line is far to big for an expansion and would be rather disapointed if they didn't dedicate a whole game to it. It needs a whole game and what better time to go to Summerset isle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    So hard to find mage followers, had it been one of my warrior followers I won't feel so terrible.
    You could always try out the frost mage follower I made based on my RP character on WoW.

Anyone have some good mage mods?

I'm running Apocalypse Magic, and a Staff Mod, but I'm not seeing any real robes/vestments mods that are rated well that aren't a specific look. Just wondering if anyone has one they have had some good experiences with?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I think that story line is far to big for an expansion and would be rather disapointed if they didn't dedicate a whole game to it. It needs a whole game and what better time to go to Summerset isle.
    yeah, the war with the dominion will be about the size of a whole game + 3 or 4 dlcs. there's no damn way they're gonna be able to do it in a dlc. and if they do... that would just be the lamest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    yeah, the war with the dominion will be about the size of a whole game + 3 or 4 dlcs. there's no damn way they're gonna be able to do it in a dlc. and if they do... that would just be the lamest thing ever.
    I don't want them to complete the story arc. I just want them to have a DLC that would rival Shivering Isles of the Dragonborn helping to oust the Thalmor from Skyrim.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

How would switching the combat module in SkyRe for Duel work?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't want them to complete the story arc. I just want them to have a DLC that would rival Shivering Isles of the Dragonborn helping to oust the Thalmor from Skyrim.
    If they do address the Thalmor in DLC this would be the best way to deal with it. Though I feel that they will not address it on screen and make it apart of the back-story for TES:VI.

I figure we will get a DLC where the dragonborn strikes a critical blow against the Thalmor. Then the next full game will tell us in back story the the Thalmor were usurped within the Aldmeri Dominion, which lead to the Dominion weakening as a whole and the other provinces pushing them back toSummerset Isle. But the next game will also include remnants of the Thalmor still trying to destroy the world.

That's my two cents.