Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think video games should be banned entirely. I have noticed that video gamers are generally a docile people. It is my theory that our corporate and political overlords have used video games as a means of pacifying the population so they can control every aspect of our lives with impunity. This method, combined with brainwashing via television and fluoridated tap water are turning people into sheep. Sheep that will soon be sheered with annual $100 fees for simple office programs that they could otherwise get for free and other mad schemes we could only dream of. I think the Illuminati are behind it but it could be aliens, I'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    I think video games should be banned entirely. I have noticed that video gamers are generally a docile people. It is my theory that our corporate and political overlords have used video games as a means of pacifying the population so they can control every aspect of our lives with impunity. This method, combined with brainwashing via television and fluoridated tap water are turning people into sheep. Sheep that will soon be sheered with annual $100 fees for simple office programs that they could otherwise get for free and other mad schemes we could only dream of. I think the Illuminati are behind it but it could be aliens, I'm not entirely sure.
    It's all Hulu! Have you seen their commercials? They have aliens brainwashing us, making our brains into soup for their food!
    http://youtu.be/pnDr18Q79Ek

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Haha. You had me going there until you started giving examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    You think user generated content and people in chat channels in games invalidates my points? What you're describing can be done through a variety of mediums, but if someone said "Smartphones train people how to kill", or something like that, simply because somewhere out there there's an obscure app that details how to do it, it would be dismissed as sensationalist garbage, because that's exactly what it is.

Commercially available games do not train people how to kill, simple as that, and those are the games that are being called into question. Everything else is irrelevant.
    wait the only way to kill someone is by shooting them.. my bad.

again im going to make this clear i do not think video games are responsible for making people act or do violent things.. they do however contribute along with a long list of other things to making people do what they do.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-01-29 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    wait the only way to kill someone is by shooting them.. my bad.
    Where did I mention shooting specifically? Seriously, why are you even bothering replying to me with irrelevant comments?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Where did I mention shooting specifically? Seriously, why are you even bothering replying to me with irrelevant comments?
    lol because youre totally dismissing the fact they do.. whether or not it makes people do them is an entirely different matter.

The people who've played video games their whole lives and haven't become psychopaths don't get to say anything on the matter, listen to us, who've never seen a video game in our lives.

Logic.

If anything, I was a violent child, but slowly improved that at around the same time I started playing video games instead of reading books in my spare time. Books must make you violent!
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2013-01-30 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol because youre totally dismissing the fact they do.. whether or not it makes people do them is an entirely different matter.
    What exactly am I dismissing? Are you still trying to say that video games can train people how to kill and that's what I'm dismissing?

Ok, so you've already conceded the notion that they are not capable of training people how to use guns (because for some reason you seemed to think I was only talking about that), so what techniques do you think commercially available games teach you that you could use to kill people, and which humans haven't already known and utilised since before they developed the ability to communicate?

Basically what I'm saying is that I, as an avid gamer that has played hundreds and hundreds of games, many of which are violent, am no more capable, and would not be any more effective in killing someone than Johnny Random on the street who has never played a video game.