Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

an intresting proposition...

So i was discussing a intresting idea i had in a different thread and the suggesstion was made to ask the question on the main page.

Okay so im a soldier living near a major university (KSU). While im not hurting financially, I don't have alot of time to take care of normal living things.

I work from about 0530-1730 most nights, although 1900 or 2000 isn't uncommon. Most of the time when i get home i don't have adequate time to cook a real meal, or clean my house properly until the weekends.

I have a 3 bedroom house with all the standard accomodations, and live less than a mile away from the campus.

I'm thinking of putting a ad out to ask for a roommate to do these basic things:

1. have a hot meal prepared for me by the time i get home, nothing to extravagant, just a normal dinner. A meat a grain and a veggie.
    2. keep the house clean. I'm not a dirty person by any means, but i do tend to get cluttered throughout the week I.E. clothes etc.
    3. do some light laundry
    4. I live a quiet life while at home and im fairly inoverted, that means i wouldn't want a ton of people over partying and stealing/breaking shit.
    5. I'd prefer a female, i have enough testoserone already in the house.

I would also like companionship in simple stuff such as going to the movies on fridays, or helping me paint warhammer 40k figurines.

I'm a tall fairly good looking soldier.....

You guys think id have any takers?

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 02:15 AM ----------

btw im also a huge nerd.

game...alot.....and paint warhammer 40k figures...alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you asking if you're dateable or are you scanning MMO Champion for a maid? Sure, you're doing fine in the looks department but your sales pitch is doomed to failure. I'm pretty sure most people don't want to take care of your housekeeping and then indulge in your hobbies just for the hell of it. Are you going to pay them?

You typically need to pay live-in maids, not just provide housing.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Are you asking if you're dateable or are you scanning MMO Champion for a maid? Sure, you're doing fine in the looks department but your sales pitch is doomed to failure. I'm pretty sure most people don't want to take care of your housekeeping and then indulge in your hobbies just for the hell of it. Are you going to pay them?
    Well heres the deal, they get to go to school and live in a house for maybe 300 a month, all they gotta do is abide by the faily lenient rules. Seems like it would be a good deal to me, of the situation was reversed

And its not like im asking for them to be working all the time, just spend about 10 min cleaning up a day and making 1 meal, thats not to bad right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well heres the deal, they get to go to school and live in a house for maybe 300 a month, all they gotta do is abide by the faily lenient rules. Seems like it would be a good deal to me, of the situation was reversed

And its not like im asking for them to be working all the time, just spend about 10 min cleaning up a day and making 1 meal, thats not to bad right?
    Tony, it sounds more like you want a wife. Which is fine. Why not try the dating scene instead of hoping someone wants to do your chores then play with you?

I dunno, maybe someone would take this offer, but it sounds more like you'd prefer a relationship and not just a business deal. I keep wanting to edit this because I sound more sassy then I'm intending to be. I guess what I'm trying to convey is your proposition sends mixed messages.

Anyone with a job or going to school isn't going to be able to make you dinner every night. So, therein lies your problem, you need to pay them.

<.<
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Being that rent on any house in this area is driven sky high by its location 300 would be a steal. Rent around here is typically 1k plus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe reword it so that you're just looking for a room-mate and gender doesn't matter.

And that he doesn't have to make you food haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being that rent on any house in this area is driven sky high by its location 300 would be a steal. Rent around here is typically 1k plus.
    Right, but you also want them to be female, do your chores, be your friend, and engage in your hobbies. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have someone who does those things, but it's not typical for people to ask that of someone who's renting a room from them. Your mixing both business and relationships, and it adds up to something very strange. Again, why not start dating? I'm not judging, I'm trying to urge you to pursue something which seems to be what you really want.

You can tell me if I'm wrong though. Are you interested in a girlfriend?

10+ Year Old Account
    well I did spot the word roomate in there. It may work, i just wouldnt put it on Craigslist (or Crazylist as i like to call it)

It is fairly reasonable were i student in need this is perfectly acceptable, but yes word it so it is clear that you arent looking for a date :P
    300 a month is nothing and while he isnt "paying" for the services the huge discount in rent can be considered monetary gain :P
    Not sure if the right forum for this though

Or maybe you can work out a deal with a local restaurant to have some meals ready for you every day that you just need to go and pick up?

10+ Year Old Account
    In all fairness I do know people who have done this. They were basically a live-in maid for the dirt cheap (or free) rent while they went to school and worked. It's not a bad arrangement, and it didn't turn out poorly for them.

Right, but you also want them to be female, do your chores, be your friend, and engage in your hobbies. There's nothing wrong with wanting to have someone who does those things, but it's not typical for people to ask that of someone who's renting a room from them. Your mixing both business and relationships, and it adds up to something very strange. Again, why not start dating? I'm not judging, I'm trying to urge you to pursue something which seems to be what you really want.

You can tell me if I'm wrong though. Are you interested in a girlfriend?

Not really I'm leaving for Afghanistan in about 6months. A gf would make things complicated.

Besides see my pic? Not like I got a ton of options

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    In all fairness I do know people who have done this. They were basically a live-in maid for the dirt cheap (or free) rent while they went to school and worked. It's not a bad arrangement, and it didn't turn out poorly for them.
    As long as feelings dont get mixed in beyond a friendly nature. When feelings get in, its a gigantic mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really I'm leaving for Afghanistan in about 6months. A gf would make things complicated.

Fair enough, leaving for a another tour does make a relationship at this time a bit dicey. You're doing fine in the looks department though. You really should give yourself some more credit if you still look like that. Plenty of women would find you attractive.

10+ Year Old Account

really dude? Dont be hard on yourself. You aint bad at all.

Fair enough, leaving for a another tour does make a relationship at this time a bit dicey. You're doing fine in the looks department though. You really should give yourself some more credit if you still look like that. Plenty of women would find you attractive.
    Well thanks Mr Maltese tiger!

It would just be nice to have some extra time on thenweekends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd invest in fixing that ceiling first.

I just find it odd that you call yourself "fairly good looking" in your OP, but go on to say that you have little option in the dating department.

And I find your requirements to be a bit odd. I suppose a "live-in maid" isn't entirely unreasonable, but companionship with them should be something that develops, not that's required.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    really dude? Dont be hard on yourself. You aint bad at all.

Lol a www thanks. Was joking earlier. I'm just trying to be modest