Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Bars. Basic idea is to show how future procs overlap.
    That is delightfully smart. Can't wait to see this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any comments?
    I'd get rid of my ICD tracker for this. Showing WHERE they line up... is about the only thing I could be hoping for in CD/ICD tracking. /diesofjoy

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rainbowprocs

It had to separated from AffDots.
    After some testing in raid, looks like it can be a pretty valuable tool. Needs some time to get used to (maybe because I used TMW icons before), but now I dont even look at timer durations.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-02-06 at 09:26 PM.

This is great idea, I think this addon will be really popular in no time, and it is smart to publish it as stand alone addon, that way other classes will pick it up without constrains.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/rainbowprocs

It had to separated from AffDots.
    After some testing in raid, looks like it can be a pretty valuable tool. Needs some time to get used to (maybe because I used TMW icons before), but now I dont even look at timer durations.
    Preferred source of feedback? I posted on curse, but I can as easily use CurseForge or write here, or PM you.

Deleted
    Ridcully, you are one of the most awesome guys i've seen on this site! <3

Oh, I certainly did not expect that much of excitement about it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Preferred source of feedback? I posted on curse, but I can as easily use CurseForge or write here, or PM you.
    Thank you for suggestions. I created a forum on CurseForge:
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/rai...orum/feedback/

Deleted
    Tested it last night. Great addon, certainly akin to AffDots.

My quick & dirty feedback:

- "Ready" is kinda distracting. I'd like an option to not show it.
    - Synapse Springs show up in the list eventhough I'm not an engineer.
    - Jade Spirit does not show up until it procs, and disappear as it fades out.
    - also, Jade Spirit is before Dark Soul and on-use trinkets, whereas it'd be best with proc trinkets IMO
    - there is no(t yet an) option to hide out of combat.
    - duration/cooldown shows up as "12.4" but I'd like an option to only show "12", no decimals.

I realize this is the very first version and that I'm a b*tch, but hey, what's a great addon without its shares of ungrateful b*tches?

Great job nonetheless, I love it.
    Last edited by mmocfafbb943a7; 2013-02-07 at 07:50 AM. Reason: phrasing

You cannot track internal cool down of procs like Jade Spirit, because their mechanic functions somewhat differently then other procs mechanics. Basically you can only have informations if they are active or not, but you cannot know accurately when will they be active. Read about "Procs per minute (PPM)".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    You cannot track internal cool down of procs like Jade Spirit, because their mechanic functions somewhat differently then other procs mechanics. Basically you can only have informations if they are active or not, but you cannot know accurately when will they be active. Read about "Procs per minute (PPM)".
    Real PPM actually, which is slightly different again. A thread that has the original blue post about it quoted: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...theorycrafting

Deleted
    Yeah, yeah, I know that. Though it wouldn't kill us to have a, albeit empty, bar showing Jade Spirit. I'm trying to avoid flashing things in my peripheral vision that break my concentration: if I wanna look at my procs, I look at them. Them flashing in and out on my screen don't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    Tested it last night. Great addon, certainly akin to AffDots.

My quick & dirty feedback:

- "Ready" is kinda distracting. I'd like an option to not show it.
    - Synapse Springs show up in the list eventhough I'm not an engineer.
    - Jade Spirit does not show up until it procs, and disappear as it fades out.
    - also, Jade Spirit is before Dark Soul and on-use trinkets, whereas it'd be best with proc trinkets IMO
    - there is no(t yet an) option to hide out of combat.
    - duration/cooldown shows up as "12.4" but I'd like an option to only show "12", no decimals.

I realize this is the very first version and that I'm a b*tch, but hey, what's a great addon without its shares of ungrateful b*tches?

Great job nonetheless, I love it.
    I'll make a whitelist/blacklist, that way you can choose which spells to always show/hide regardless of predictable cooldowns. Default functionality - always show only ones with predictable and recurring cooldowns or internal cooldowns.
    Professions code was wrong, fixed in local version.
    Added some group reordering. Can't reorder by individual spells, 8 groups so far (default order "Gear", "Class", "Specialization", "Professions", "Racials", "Talents", "Enchants", "Other"). Glyphs will probably also have one.

Not uploaded yet, need to do some more things first.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-02-07 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Great to hear that!

Group ordering is good enough for my needs.

Deleted
    hadn't seen this addon before, will be giving it a shot

Deleted
    I'm so looking forward to trying out this proc/cd tracker. Nice

Used rainbow procs tonight. It's really quite an intuitive way to quickly see upcoming CDs at a glance, all it really misses for me is some of the additional customisation that's been mentioned above.

Pretty sure I didn't pay an ounce of notice to my icd auras all night.

Deleted
    Ridicully i think i might actually be in love with you <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrov View Post
    Ridcully* i think i might actually be in love with you <3
    *fixed
    Really. I know my old ICD setup wasn't perfect, but I saw a noticeable DPS gain from my ability to plan ahead for refreshing dots at optimal times rather than doing slightly more guesstimating and doing mental math mid-encounter.

I love improvements that you made in new version of rainbowprocs addon, but I find it that Sha of Fear trinket procs is somewhat slow to activate, it stays ready to proc a lot of time but doesn't procs. You should check its ICD.

And you should make dedicated thread in these forums for this addon. It needs more marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    I love improvements that you made in new version of rainbowprocs addon, but I find it that Sha of Fear trinket procs is somewhat slow to activate, it stays ready to proc a lot of time but doesn't procs. You should check its ICD.

And you should make dedicated thread in these forums for this addon. It needs more marketing.
    Wowhead comments indicate that Sha trinket has 105s icd. Is it wrong? Maybe it has a low proc chance.
    Addon is far from being ready, not sure if it needs it's own thread now.