Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Bloody hell, Pandaria is not taking over anything. You really say this rubbish without thinking at all? I don't see Pandaren buildings popping up in Ashenvale. I don't see Pandaren scrolls plastering the walls of Stormwind, must more bigger and more obvious than anything else. Pandaren aren't turning Durotar into little Jade Forest and growing bamboo stands in the watershed... Pandaren are all over their home continent, one separated from the rest of the world for 10000 years. Each race has a unique style to them despite that, if you are expecting diversity in an isolated region with no exposure to the outside world until recent you are expecting ridiculous tripe. Get over it.
    The game is played on PANDARIA for the next 2 years or so. You are twisting my words to silly meanings to score points. I am referring to Pandaria, not Ashenvale and you know it and you are just being malicious, possibly because you don't have a counter-argument. 85-90 gameplay is almost exclusively on Pandaria and there pandas dominate the continent while old races are not around much.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no its not....its just another expansion with a new point of inspiration.
    Inspiration and copying are not the same thing. Pasting China into WoW is not inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Seems like someone's been possessed by the Sha of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

... Oh and the latter bit is just wrong. Uldum is Egypt all over for example, not to mention that Uldum is basically an animated version of Indiana Jones.
    Is uldum ALL of cataclysm? No, it's not. And yeah you're right I'm pissed off, ever since I heard that pathetic speech by Metzen at blizzcon when they unveiled pandas I just facepalm at the retardation. A freaking easter egg, the side project of a lone employee only playable by doing a hidden SHEEP quest in WC3 TFT became a race in WoW. And not enough, they had to base the ENTIRE expansion on this shitty race and their treehugging ridiculous philosophy, advocating peace and casually throwing shitty comic relief all over the game like pixie dust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Is uldum ALL of cataclysm? No, it's not. And yeah you're right I'm pissed off, ever since I heard that pathetic speech by Metzen at blizzcon when they unveiled pandas I just facepalm at the retardation. A freaking easter egg, the side project of a lone employee only playable by doing a hidden SHEEP quest in WC3 TFT became a race in WoW. And not enough, they had to base the ENTIRE expansion on this shitty race and their treehugging ridiculous philosophy, advocating peace and casually throwing shitty comic relief all over the game like pixie dust.

Jeepers you do take things seriously don't ya, can i have your gold?
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

You must be playing a different game than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    I'll never really take Pandarens as a serious race in WoW but I do like the Asian theme of Pandaria. Though it's a bit overkill with no real creativity. To me, Blizz just took historical and contemporary elements and slapped it onto Azeroth with a different name. To avoid infringement, they just changed names and what not. But for those who think Pandaria, Pandarens, and all in-between are directly reflective of Chinese culture or take it as if it truly is Chinese culture, don't let the game fool you. It's Asian THEMED.
    You can't copyright/trademark cultures... There is no issue of Infringement. Or no book, movie etc. can be base on real world at all...
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-02-23 at 10:25 PM.

I like the Asia influence and think it was done tastefully.

I'm most intrigued about the spirituality in Pandaren culture though, and the history we are uncovering. I'm looking forward greatly to the next novel that will (hopefully) expand on the potential in the lore. We must remember that we still have a lot to learn.

"Someone who loves MOP" did.... Sigh. Grow up.

They might not have released the China sub numbers, but I'm fairly sure that we saw that subs dwindeled specifically in China during Cataclysm and a month ago or so.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 10:24 PM ----------

Not to mention, that South Korea is a country that plays Blizzard games as national sports, yet why isn't there a South Korean expansion? Surely, they'd want to grab the last few percentages of the S. Korean people, or pay homage to their biggest fans. And yet, there isn't....
    I will not take childish attacks and not respond, so you guys can bully others, but not gonna work on me. If they post something dumb and childish just to attack me, they will get a proper response.

The point was whether Chinese will like MOP or not. The point was NOT whether Cata release dwindled subs in China or not. I hope this is clear.

We don't have a German expansion, Canadian expansion, Spanish expansion. It was ridiculous they made a Chinese expansion. I do not want to see country expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    You can't copyright/trademark cultures... There is no issue of Infringement, or no book, movie etc. can be base on real world at all...
    MoP isn't just based on the real world, it's a group of devs looking at a picture of chinese vistas and making content that looks EXACTLY like it. It is no longer fantasy, but copy paste and it has no place in the world of WARcraft, which now might as well be world of peacecraft considering war is bad and only makes us angry and spawn evil spirits that kill us. So lets all be friends and when we meet our enemies on the field of battle just say sup brah like Metzen suggested. Might aswell remove "death" from WoW, insert fainting.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I will not take childish attacks and not respond, so you guys can bully others, but not gonna work on me. If they post something dumb and childish just to attack me, they will get a proper response.

The point was whether Chinese will like MOP or not. The point was NOT whether Cata release dwindled subs in China or not. I hope this is clear.

We don't have a German expansion, Canadian expansion, Spanish expansion. It was ridiculous they made a Chinese expansion. I do not want to see country expansions.
    It's just as much a chinese expansion as wrath was a nordic expansion. Which to say is not very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Ok, so let's see. Current night elf food and some building style seems somehow japanese or south korean.

Now, that that's done, please show me the asian druids (they need to be as closest to the celtic druids just as an example, so you don't think I'm asking for actual druids), show me where do asians build marble structures resembling greek temples or where are they lead by priests. Tell me how are night elves as looks similar to any type of even asian stereotype (because we all know that asian people are tall and have muscular women, right?).

I could go on and on... but this is not the idea, what I wanted to show is that the night elves aren't japanese clones. They are a mesh of different cultures.

Now let's look at the pandaren and Pandaria:
    -the pandaren themselves are a bad stereotype. The media talks about how the chinese work to protect their pandas and there's death penalty and stuff, seriously, the panda is like the best known animal from China because of stuff like this. But hold on, we're not done, for the pandaren are using this balance of emotions thing (which reminds a lot of some ancient and medieval religions around there) so they can balance the evil of said negative emotions.
    - the pandaren are mostly farmers and like to drink... yea, as I said, a bad stereotype, basically how many see China.
    - asian music, buildings
    - asian dragons, myths
    - the theme of being invaded by foreigns (colonization of China) that want the resources and stuff but they wreck the balance of the land unleashing terrible evils (if you don't know, for example, one of the complaints of the chinese when the UK got there was when they started building railroads, since they said the metal that held the rails down was beat into the earth and angered the great dragon resting under... a superstition, but seems familiar, does it not?)
    - the great wall stopping foreign invaders
    - the great mountains
    - all the jokes!
    Pandaria and the pandaren are not a mesh of different cultures. They're a mesh of real eastern asian myths and asian stereotypes. And I dislike that.
    But to say night elves are the same that they're relying on asian (japanese) influences so much as pandaren is just being ignorant. Sure, you could argue tauren are native americans in many ways, I could agree with that, their culture has very little meshing with other parts of the world but to argue night elves are full asian...
    lol

I hope you are not expecting a serious answer in this thread.

I understand some people love MOP so much that unfortunately they seem to be willing to defy any logic or fact to deny others' the opportunity to criticize MOP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Um...yeah, we did. It was called Cataclysm. Just because the Old Gods weren't physically there doesn't mean that the entire expansion wasn't about them. In fact, it was only specifically about one of them: N'Zoth. Deathwing was just his puppet, as seen in the Madness of Deathwing encounter.

I mean, this is basically like complaining that The Burning Crusade had too many demons or that Wrath of the Lich King had too much of the undead.
    Yeah, right. Cata was not about DW, but it was about old gods. right...

There are always some higher up pulling the strings from far away. We do not say TBC was not about the legion because so and so sent it.

Demons and undead were not brand new to WoW and they did not bring a copy of a real world culture.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Grizzly Hills was basically Canada though. And honestly, I can't be arsed to argue with you or any of the other.... Insert censored word... People in this thread, life is too short.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 11:31 PM ----------

MoP isn't just based on the real world, it's a group of devs looking at a picture of chinese vistas and making content that looks EXACTLY like it. It is no longer fantasy, but copy paste and it has no place in the world of WARcraft, which now might as well be world of peacecraft considering war is bad and only makes us angry and spawn evil spirits that kill us. So lets all be friends and when we meet our enemies on the field of battle just say sup brah like Metzen suggested. Might aswell remove "death" from WoW, insert fainting.
    *Uses the WARcraft argument - argument is rendered totally invalid*

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

lol

I hope you are not expecting a serious answer in this thread.

I understand some people love MOP so much that unfortunately they seem to be willing to defy any logic or fact to deny others' the opportunity to criticize MOP.
    That logic goes both ways, some people just seem intent on hating on it. And neither side will ever convince the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    There was.... hints in thrall's Novel (dream about a land shroud by mist. Wonder where is that, huh?). In Warcraft 3 the mission founding of Durotar, Rexxar, thrall and other meet Chen Stormstout who mention Pandaria. In a quest chain in WoW http://www.wowhead.com/quest=819/chens-empty-keg... <- Chen Stormstout's keg quest added in patch 1.11.1, that is classic by the way.

Chen Stormstout is a Pandren brewmaster if that is not clear.

I guess that is why this time the hint is directly embedded in the Legendary quest line.

Edit:http://youtu.be/gTpKsEw9fvM?t=6m53s <- Rexxar meeting Chen
    They did recon a part which is Chen Stormstout is from Pandaria. In WoW, he is from the wondering isle.
    How many WoW players have played WC3? Some perhaps did, many did not. Given the reaction to MOP announcement, it was clear several people did not know about pandas in WC. Out of those who knew, many admitted the fact that chen was NOT a major character, pandas were NOT a major race.

If Blizzard had dropped some hints and maybe more than that in previous expansions, they would not have the backlash of such great magnitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally can't stand it, it just doesn't fit a western mmo and it certainly doesn't fit in the world of Azeroth. I was open to it before I played it mind, but after actually playing the game it just didn't click with me at all. I look forward to the next expansion and putting the memories of it all behind me, a burning legion expansion next please.
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2013-02-25 at 05:05 PM.

Grizzly Hills was basically Canada though. And honestly, I can't be arsed to argue with you or any of the other.... Insert censored word... People in this thread, life is too short.

---------- Post added 2013-02-23 at 11:31 PM ----------

*Uses the WARcraft argument - argument is rendered totally invalid*
    It's not an argument, if you choose to have an opinion that includes an enjoyment of poor jokes, bad writing, copied and unoriginal designs be my guest. I however choose not to have such an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I persoanlly can't stand it, it just doesn't fit a western mmo and it certainly doesn't fit in the world of Azeroth. I was open to it before I played it mind, but after actually playing the game it just didn't click with me at all. I look forward to the next expansion and putting the memories of it all behind me, a burning legion expansion next please.
    It's a shame you'll have fat pandas jumping around telling jokes and ruining your experience.

Well, I'd like to complain about the fact that Cataclysm had too many tentacles.... I hate tentacles.
    Gangnam style and now tentacles...

Looks like you decided to just spam silliness in the thread. Clearly doing a better job in that than in discussing Asian domination in MOP with the flimsy arguments you have been pushing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I persoanlly can't stand it, it just doesn't fit a western mmo and it certainly doesn't fit in the world of Azeroth. I was open to it before I played it mind, but after actually playing the game it just didn't click with me at all. I look forward to the next expansion and putting the memories of it all behind me, a burning legion expansion next please.
    But your still playing it right?
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

15+ Year Old Account
    Really don't understand why so many people have such an issue with the asian theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shiny212 That I can live with, just about.

starkey No I only played mop for a couple of weeks, this is by far the least played expansion for me yet and I've played since vanilla wow day 1, ultimately I found way too much eastern mysticism crap in this game, it's like they are trying to convert us or something lol. I wouldn't mind subtle references here and there but Blizz were way too heavy handed tbh.
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2013-02-25 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Really don't understand why so many people have such an issue with the asian theme.
    Because it's wrong in every way, represents laziness and lack of creativity on the devs part and it's fuck ugly.