Poll: Should they nerf rareelite's direhorn droprates ?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    You should stop it, look at your own poll results.

Your suggestion is a bad one and makes no sense. This mounts are not deisgned to be as rare as Mimiron Head or Invincible. They are designed to be as Stone Drakes in cata.
    What you are saying makes no sense, if it's not designed to be rare, so .... WHY IT IS ?
    It drops with about 1% chances on rarelites and Oondasta, how can you say that it's not designed to be rare ?

The stone drakes in cata were designed to be rare dude, the alchemist one was fucking expensive, the red one was originally hard to get, the blue and purple ones were duper rares, btw, mounts rarity are designed case-by-case.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    your server must be a crazy one. everybody is an elitist who wants stuff removed and no one wants the rarest capturable pet ever.

just so as you know, in my realm's CRZ there's usually 10-20 people flying above the infernal area in felwood camping for minfernals. I only got mine because I made smart use of the maintenance back when it affected pet spawns lol
    The rarest capurable pet ever ?
    I just think that i should stop talking to you since it has nothing rare at all ...

I saw it several times, and i sometimes killed it cause it was grey lolz
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-08 at 01:41 PM.

Why care if someone gets a mount later that you worked hard for months/years ago? It's not like anyone actually cares that you want to be unique. Thing is, everyone wants to be unique, which in itself makes uniqueness unbelievably common.

Get over yourself. You are not special nor unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    did you not even read what you just said? it took you 57 kills to get one. by the time people who arent one of the top soloing classes can go in and roflstomp these guys crz will be enabled in pandaria so if you want one of these mounts you will likely have to camp for it. luckily i have a blood soloing spec so as soon as i get some tot gear ill go get my own dinos.

also it doesnt matter if its that rare or not i doubt you will care after awhile. ive got some of the hardest to get mounts and ive spent days upon days worth of playtime trying to get them and tbh ive never spent more than maybe a month or two using any of them because eventually you get tired of seeing it even if you are the only one on it. its the same reason most people have multiple sets of transmog it doesnt matter how badass that red set is eventually you're gonna wanna look at some blue
    Why bother arguing over a 12-yr old logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    I just think that i should stop talking to you since it has nothing rare at all ...

I'm calling it BS until you show a screenshot. the rarest pet spawns are the scourged whelpling and the minfernal, and the SW got a spawn buff. you should also read these comments on Wowhead from people who spent weeks/months farming for one.

but if you'd like to do a "lalalalala I can't hear ya, I'm right you're wrong", feel free to do so. the poll you made shows pretty well the opinion of the community on the matter
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Since apparently rarity is the only thing you care about... By the time MoP is over, and these rares become farmable/soloable, there will be other rare and exclusive mounts on current content for you to get and brag about. So what, exactly, is the problem?

What you are saying makes no sense, if it's not designed to be rare, so .... WHY IT IS ?
    It drops with about 1% chances on rarelites and Oondasta, how can you say that it's not designed to be rare ?

The stone drakes in cata were designed to be rare dude, the alchemist one was fucking expensive, the red one was originally hard to get, the blue and purple ones were duper rares, btw, mounts rarity are designed case-by-case.

the minfernal IS the rarest wild pet in the game it has a 24 hour respawn timer and 9 times out of ten only one spawns if you're lucky up to 4 spawn. also since you dont seem to know this, crz doesnt kick in until you land which is why you can fly over icecrown see tons of whelps then by the time you go and see there all gone.

also the drop rate for the direhorns arent 1% there much higher than that the one on oondasta is 1% because all world bosses from now on will have a rare mount on them to keep people doing them indefinitely the reason oondasta drops a direhorn instead of a devilsaur is because blizzard didnt feel like spending lots of time reworking the devilsaur model to be rideable
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

These aren't rare or hard to get, I can't see any reason (other than you just want to be a special snowflake) they would remove them. I think farming the mounts is fun and to remove them for no reason is kind of annoying. Should they remove Black Temple because if you didn't play at at 70 you don't deserve the awesome experience? Should they remove Netherwing because you don't have any to fight with for eggs?
    Hi Sephurik

Cause that's useless ?
    I don't want a mount if it's too common, i don't want to be a clone, i want MY OWN mount, it have to be rare, when you get a rare mount, after farming for days (got my direhorn after 57 killed warbingers in two days), you're happy to FINALLY get it, i don't care about common mounts since everyone can get it, it's more epic to get a mount after farming for days, months, and even years, or after a lucky shot.
    aw arent you a special snowflake?Answer is no.

Cause that's useless ?
    I don't want a mount if it's too common, i don't want to be a clone, i want MY OWN mount, it have to be rare, when you get a rare mount, after farming for days (got my direhorn after 57 killed warbingers in two days), you're happy to FINALLY get it, i don't care about common mounts since everyone can get it, it's more epic to get a mount after farming for days, months, and even years, or after a lucky shot.
    What, you got a mount after farming for TWO DAYS and you find it rare and are happy that you FINALLY got it? I'm sorry, but if it's that easy, it's not rare, it's common! It took me longer to get a raptor for my tauren in Classic.

if this poster really wants a rare mount try doing what im doing and kill over a thousand of the elite dinosaurs on isle of giants in order to get 9 THOUSAND 9 hundred and 99 dinosaur bones for the bone white primal raptor. now that mount is rare and will continue to be rare because it will be atleast two expansions before you can kill those mobs really fast and even then you will still have to kill almost a thousand of them. no oh i managed to find one on my first kill nonsense
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Why care if someone gets a mount later that you worked hard for months/years ago? It's not like anyone actually cares that you want to be unique. Thing is, everyone wants to be unique, which in itself makes uniqueness unbelievably common.

Get over yourself. You are not special nor unique.
    I don't care about being unique or not i just want my mount to be unique that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'm calling it BS until you show a screenshot. the rarest pet spawns are the scourged whelpling and the minfernal, and the SW got a spawn buff. you should also read these comments on Wowhead from people who spent weeks/months farming for one.

but if you'd like to do a "lalalalala I can't hear ya, I'm right you're wrong", feel free to do so. the poll you made shows pretty well the opinion of the community on the matter
    I just went to felwood and an ally was farming it, he was alone, i wanted to take a screenshot of the minimap to show the minfernal, but he probably already killed it, here is the minfernal i got when i first saw it : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/49...0813145952.jpg that's all i can show for the moment

Also actually i can say the same thing about you when you say "lalalala i can't hear ya, i'm right you're wrong", that's nearly an argumentum ad personam

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What, you got a mount after farming for TWO DAYS and you find it rare and are happy that you FINALLY got it? I'm sorry, but if it's that easy, it's not rare, it's common! It took me longer to get a raptor for my tauren in Classic.
    Never got my 100% mount in classic, cause it was boring, too expensive.

I got it after farming for two days yes, but i killed 57 direhorns, and farmed them for about 10 hours non-stop per day.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-08 at 02:08 PM.

Cause that's useless ?
    Then I feel sorry for you. Why is your self-esteem so poor that you cannot like something unless you're one of a select few that has it?

Edit: I'm being nice with my assumption, actually... there are only three reasons I can see for a person to like something less because it has become less rare:
    1) They have self esteem issues and are looking for validation from outside sources.
    2) They're looking to sell said item and make a profit, and common items are less profitable (supply/demand)
    3) They're an arrogant braggart who wants to show off and try to make other people feel bad.

Since #2 seems like it's obviously not the case, I'm assuming #1 instead of #3.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2013-03-08 at 02:10 PM.

I don't care about being unique or not i just want my mount to be unique that's all.

but... thats the same thing.. also please just fucking stop you're making yourself look like an idiot saying the minfernal isnt rare. it is THE RAREST WILD PET IN THE GAME. again it only spawns once every 24 hours almost everytime only ONE spawns and due to crz theres always atleast 1 - 3 people camping it. you wanna know how i had to get mine? i had to use the crz avoidance bug where you could battle pets that are on your own server by battling them on a flight point before crz kicks in.

these are the three rarest battle pets. minfernal, scourged whelp, giraffe calf. i own EVERY SINGLE WILD BATTLE PET IN THE GAME. i know whats rare and whats not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Then I feel sorry for you. Why is your self-esteem so poor that you cannot like something unless you're one of a select few that has it?
    I can like it, i just see no interest in using it since i see it everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but... thats the same thing.. also please just fucking stop you're making yourself look like an idiot saying the minfernal isnt rare. it is THE RAREST WILD PET IN THE GAME. again it only spawns once every 24 hours almost everytime only ONE spawns and due to crz theres always atleast 1 - 3 people camping it. you wanna know how i had to get mine? i had to use the crz avoidance bug where you could battle pets that are on your own server by battling them on a flight point before crz kicks in.

these are the three rarest battle pets. minfernal, scourged whelp, giraffe calf. i own EVERY SINGLE WILD BATTLE PET IN THE GAME. i know whats rare and whats not
    The fact is that i don't care about it being the same thing, i just want a unique mount, i don't care about being unique, i'm just happy to get my mount after some efforts, or a lucky shot which makes it epic, just, this moment, where you loot, and you see the mount, that's awesome, and after, you ride it and enjoy it, jumping and running around peoples who were farming near you, thoses peoples who didn't got the tag cause you spammed faster !

That's a bit like making a cake

You cook it
    Then you eat it, and you're happy cause it's your own cake
    And it tastes so goood.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-08 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    I can like it, i just see no interest in using it since i see it everywhere.

The fact is that i don't care about it being the same thing, i just want a unique mount, i don't care about being unique, i'm just happy to get my mount after some efforts, or a lucky shot which makes it epic, just, this moment, where you loot, and you see the mount, that's awesome, and after, you ride it and enjoy it.

That's a bit like making a cake

You cook it
    Then you eat it, and you're happy cause it's your own cake
    And it tastes so goood.
    I've got quite a few rare mounts- in fact I have all the in-game mounts up until MoPexcept four - and the one I use most on my priest is his flying carpet which you don't see too many people zooming about on these days. You don't want a mount that makes you stand out from the crowd, pretty much any mount that isn't some sort of drake or cloud serpent will do that- you want to be a special snowflake and have something which is cool because it's "rare". I would put it to you that anything which you farmed in two days cannot be considered rare in the first place, so your objections are moot.

Many classes/specs can already solo for these, so why are you worried that people will solo for them later? Sure it'll be easier (just like old raids/instances get easier). But they're not intended to be as rare as a raid/instance drop mount, like you killed how many in the first 2 days? Yeah that should've clued you in...

And yeah I did find it really funny that someone said you should just use a lvl 20 mount to be unique, its true no one uses them lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    I've got quite a few rare mounts- in fact I have all the in-game mounts up until MoPexcept four - and the one I use most on my priest is his flying carpet which you don't see too many people zooming about on these days. You don't want a mount that makes you stand out from the crowd, pretty much any mount that isn't some sort of drake or cloud serpent will do that- you want to be a special snowflake and have something which is cool because it's "rare". I would put it to you that anything which you farmed in two days cannot be considered rare in the first place, so your objections are moot.
    I don't only want it to be rare, i also want it to be beautiful, rarity is what gives values to things, diamonds are expensive cause they're rare, in fact EVERYONE prefer rare things, and i seriously think that peoples like you who says that they don't care about rarity are the one who wants to be special snowflakes

I like rarity, i want rare things ... well ... like every human. I'm not especially trying to be different.

Many classes/specs can already solo for these, so why are you worried that people will solo for them later? Sure it'll be easier (just like old raids/instances get easier). But they're not intended to be as rare as a raid/instance drop mount, like you killed how many in the first 2 days? Yeah that should've clued you in...

And yeah I did find it really funny that someone said you should just use a lvl 20 mount to be unique, its true no one uses them lol.
    That's not about soloing them, i soloed some myself, peoples will kill them faster, and since almost everyone will have it (or since everyone wont care about it since it wont be rare) it will be free, we'll no longer need to destroy our fingers for one hour in front of the spawn in order to get the tag, so it'll be way easier.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-08 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    I don't only want it to be rare, i also want it to be beautiful, rarity is what gives values to things, diamonds are expensive cause they're rare, in fact EVERYONE prefer rare things, and i seriously think that peoples like you who says that they don't care about rarity are the one who wants to be special snowflakes

I like rarity, i want rare things ... well ... like every human. I'm not especially trying to be different.
    Say it after me- you farmed a mount within two days of it going live so that doesn't make it rare. Two days of farming would put it about the level of "rarity" as the talbuks ( and not the War ones). Your among the first to get ones of these- gz on that- but even by the end of 5.2 these things are most definitely not going to be rare. What you are really saying is you want Blizz to nerf their droprate cause you have one now and I hate to break the news but that aint going to happen. Your rare mount aint that rare. Go farm the galleon mount and we can have this conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Say it after me- you farmed a mount within two days of it going live so that doesn't make it rare. Two days of farming would put it about the level of "rarity" as the talbuks ( and not the War ones). Your among the first to get ones of these- gz on that- but even by the end of 5.2 these things are most definitely not going to be rare. What you are really saying is you want Blizz to nerf their droprate cause you have one now and I hate to break the news but that aint going to happen. Your rare mount aint that rare. Go farm the galleon mount and we can have this conversation.
    What you are saying makes no sense, i could have farmed it for 30 days, by only killing two per days, it would mean that it's rarer ?
    It's not about the time it took to me to get it, it's about the number of times i done it, in fact it's about the percentage of peoples who has it, anyone could have it the first time he kills one of thoses mobs, it wouldn't make it less rare.

Galleon mount is farmed by everyone since you can drop it only once per weak, and it's not farming at all to kill a mandatory boss each weak. You don't need any will for that it only takes five minuts per week.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-03-08 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

yet 15 stores in the mall sells diamonds.. every girl has at least one diamond. diamonds are accessible to everyone! same thing with this direhorn.. its there for EVERYONE to eventually get if they want one. they (blizzard) added direhorns to be gained from different sources. some people dont like to farm, thats ok, they can have their direhorn from the faction. some people dont want to wait several weeks to get the rep.. np, camp the rares (which spawn every 45 mins btw) making them hardly rare at all. and once Oondasta spawns thats one more option to get a direhorn.

i get it, you like the look of a direhorn mount, but cmon sweetie, if the npc that has a chance at dropping it, spawns every 45 mins.. its not at all that rare. you got yours already, have fun.. and look forward to the *NEXT* new mount coming soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.