Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Oh is that cause and effect neat!

Well not for the workers they laid off...
    Life's a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Lol.

What really annoys me are the fanboys who live in denial.

Right at this very moment Blizzard have another team already working on WoW's next expansion when they could be adding more content to the current one. They did this during Cataclysm as well, and we all know how that turned out.
    theyve done this since vanilla, we all know how that turned out, most popular sub based mmo evar
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Oh is that cause and effect neat!

Well not for the workers they laid off...
    You mean all those Customer Service Representatives? The folks that would be on the phones when you call Billing Support? Cause they made massive impacts on game development. Check the official statement of who was laid off next time.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theyve done this since vanilla, we all know how that turned out, most popular sub based mmo evar
    Popularity does not beget talent. Take of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Popularity does not beget talent. Take of that what you will.
    what does that have to do with me pointing out that someone was insinuating that something done in cata was only done in cata when it has actually been done since inception? albeit during vanilla they didnt actually plan to have any expansions, outland, northrend, and the emerald dream were all meant to be lvl 60 zones they eventually decided on outland being an expansion not a patch, while they were working on bc they were still working on northrend and emerald dream got put on the backburner and eventually scrapped, when wrath came out they were already working on cata, when cata came out they were working on an unknown expansion which at some point during the concept art stage got scrapped and they decided to make pandaria instead and 6.0 is being made as we speak.

quality or popularity has NOTHING to do with what i or he said
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    the problem is, you can't make a good game by just throwing money at it. it's not about being "broke", nobody is actually saying they are. Blizzard has finite resources in the form of developers.

See that's kind of my point. Where does this thinking come from? A company making over a Billion a year off WoW alone has more than enough resources to outsource to smaller gaming firms to basically have unlimited developers. Even if they didn't want to do that, they have every college kid falling all over themselves to get in at Blizzard to have that on their resume. Saying "there's only so many developers" is absurd.

As for them spreading themselves to other games, I really don't care if D3 is a smash hit, or Starcraft for that matter, I'm only concerned with the games I play. It's not my responsibility as a customer (or even a share holder) to ensure the success of their other products.

quality or popularity has NOTHING to do with what i or he said
    I seem to have struck a nerve. He insinuated that Blizzard has always pooled their team into other projects, and that was a detriment. You on the other hand, postulate that has been a positive thing.

I said that despite the popularity, that does not always beget talent.

It has everything to do with what you both spoke of.

Quote Originally Posted by Conran View Post
    just keep in mind, that with a really big company, 1 flop is deadly and it could fail too exist..

or haven't you guys heard of THQ bankrupting
    Read their quarterly report!

4 BILLION cash on hand.

As others have said. You just can't throw money at things and expect it to work.

Deleted
    iam sorry but blizzard can take all the time they want at least they always give a decent gameplay exp and some serious art and smoothness compared to gold drooling mongols called ea that ships out overhyped crap and destroy decent gaming companys with there own rules and demands... ea is something to be disgruntled about not blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.

What really annoys me are the fanboys who live in denial.

Right at this very moment Blizzard have another team already working on WoW's next expansion when they could be adding more content to the current one. They did this during Cataclysm as well, and we all know how that turned out.

Blizzard are just being extremely cost efficient. Good for them. Bad for you.
    Oh so you would prefer they never release another expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    I seem to have struck a nerve. He insinuated that Blizzard has always pooled their team into other projects, and that was a detriment. You on the other hand, postulate that has been a positive thing.

I said that despite the popularity, that does not always beget talent.

It has everything to do with what you both spoke of.
    no he insinuated that it was something they did for cata, and that it was the main reason cata was worse then the expansion before it. i simply pointed out that they did the exact same things since wow was created

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    iam sorry but blizzard can take all the time they want at least they always give a decent gameplay exp and some serious art and smoothness compared to gold drooling mongols called ea that ships out overhyped crap and destroy decent gaming companys with there own rules and demands... ea is something to be disgruntled about not blizzard.
    You guys are completely missing the point.

Why does it have to be "either or" with a company that has as many resources as Blizzard?

Like, "we can give you some 5 mans, but then we have to deal you a POS raid like Dragon Soul." You want an awesome raid? "Then we can only give you that raid and no 5 mans or simply reskinned content."

That's the issue.

With a company the size of Blizzard, there's no reason for them not to be delivering a daily hub, 5 mans, scenarios, and a new raid EVERY major patch.

This "either or" crap has now cost MoP any future 5 mans and is simply blizzard running a skeleton crew of developers so they can continue to put the bulk of their resources into other things.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-03-14 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata had half the content compared to Wrath.

If you want to defend Blizzard being cheap, feel free.
    This isnt cata any more. MoP has twice the content of cata already so there's that 2.

Blizz is rolling in money, and a good chunk of it is mine.... I'm sure there lolin' at me right now :/

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    You guys are completely missing the point.

Why does it have to be "either or" with a company that has as many resources as Blizzard?

Like, "we can give you some 5 mans, but then we have to deal you a POS raid like Dragon Soul." You want an awesome raid? "Then we can only give you that raid and no 5 mans or simply reskinned content."

That's the issue.

With a company the size of Blizzard, there's no reason for them not to be delivering a daily hub, 5 mans, scenarios, and a new raid EVERY major patch.

This "either or" crap has now cost MoP any future 5 mans and is simply blizzard running a skeleton crew of developers so they can continue to put the bulk of their resources into other things.
    new 5 mans doesnt have anything to do with resources and everything to do with blizzard not thinking they fit within the new progression model. which is true, new 5 mans would just fuck it up like it did in cata

As for them spreading themselves to other games, I really don't care if D3 is a smash hit, or Starcraft for that matter, I'm only concerned with the games I play. It's not my responsibility as a customer (or even a share holder) to ensure the success of their other products.
    But that is how all companies like Blizzard work. Profit from products are used to invest in other new products. If you don't feel that you get enough content for the money you pay then all you can do is unsub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard. Broke. lol

I do not believe I've ever seen a thread about this until now and I can't imagine why one would think this...
    Look! Words!

Nobody and i mean NOBODY in their right mine could possibly believe that a company that makes over 150mill a month is broke, and that 150mill is only coming from wow, they probably make over 200mill overall.

new 5 mans doesnt have anything to do with resources and everything to do with blizzard not thinking they fit within the new progression model. which is true, new 5 mans would just fuck it up like it did in cata
    Your opinion is that they would fuck it up. Having new 5 mans, dailies, scenarios, and a raid released every major patch could *easily* be tailored to tier progression.

"Well Blizzard could either do this or this and they decided on (blank)."
    No one with a single properly functioning neuron could possibly think Blizzard is broke. However, I'd really like to know what sort of privileged upbringing one has to have had to think that throwing a bunch of money at something automatically fixes a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.