Deleted

To reserve a name in WoW

To reserve a name in WoW do I need to enter the world with that char? Or can I just create one and leave it on the start screen ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you just need to create it. I have toons I've never touched, and still can't displace their names with new characters.

Nope, don't need to enter, when it's made the name is then taken. I heard also if you happen to delete a character, that name is reserved for 30 days to the account it was on, on that server etc.

Just server changed a char and wanted a name change, so I made a random lvl 1 naming it the saem as the toon that moved without entering and the char I was moving was flagged for namechange

Why would you reserve a name? Clearly you won't use it, but you are keeping someone else from using it? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Why would you reserve a name? Clearly you won't use it, but you are keeping someone else from using it? Why?
    I had the name "Zenz" reserved for years before I finally used it. If you think of a name you like and want to use it for future characters, why not reserve it?