Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    Top level PvP gear will be at a disadvantage to top level PvE gear, and PvE'rs are carebears who literally all run past eachother so they can get their quests dont quicker.
    How do you figure? PvP gear will still have iLvls above 496 it looks like. Just when in a controlled PvP setting everyone will be scaled down to a certain point. Giving everyone more baseline resilience isn't going to kill it either as you'll have more PvP Power in PvP Gear so you'll be able to wreck them quicker.

Also, people are assuming way too much without knowing anything other than two lines in the patch notes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Someone is getting ganked and asking for help, you see some PvE players raid a city, you see some PvE player ganking or engaging in world pvp? If you wear PvP armor, run, just run. You're going to be stomped by them. Great design.
    Why do you (and others) think that because resil will be a stat everyone gets that suddenly PvE gear > PvP?

Even if I had 50 more ilvls, say I get 10% Haste more. That is not going to stand against +50% damage against players due to PvP POWER which they said nothing about removing.

All you retards are scared of is not being able to jump a squishy PvE-er and 1shot him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Thank god, someone finally said it. These so called "definitive death of x" threads are as stupid as they are ignorant.
    Someone knows the difference between stupid and ignorant? I'd +1 the crap out of you if there was such a feature here.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A shit part of the game.

When I rolled on a PVP server I wanted to do some Player versus Player. Not Player versus Impenetrable Wall of Gear and/or Levels.
    It's an open world MMO, that's what I loved about it. I had no problem getting ganked when I was level 30 by a level 80 or something. You were always kind of fearful when levelling that anything could happen. If you have a problem with ganking, go play on a PvE server and just do Arenas/BGs. Ganking is what makes PvP servers, PvP servers. Some of the best fights can come from ganking a low level, he calls people frmo his guild to protect him, you call a few of your friends, and then a big fight ensues.

Look! People overreacting to information that was posted early for just such a purpose! Who would have thought such an uninformed, vehement response possible from the WoW playerbase?

Seriously folks, let's wait until we hear their blog to make any judgments. Anything less is just people being sad they actually have to *try* to kill other players now. That, or rose-tinted goggles about the old days with Crossroads raids. Come on. There was nothing fun about a 5-minute rez timer in No-man's land.

Deleted

No it wont, people will merely use PvE gear and roflstomp people in PvP gear because they outgear them by !50! ilevels.
    How is this any different than the current situation where people run around in Elite gear ganking people who are doing dailies in pve gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    How is this any different than the current situation where people run around in Elite gear ganking people who are doing dailies in pve gear?
    Didn't you know? When people gank, it's "PvP happened" but when someone in PvE gear kills a PvP player, PvP is officially dead.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

Yes, around here it is.

PvE players will have the same resilience PvP players do overall with miniscule differences. PvE players will have VASTLY higher stats because they have 30-50 ilevels over PvP players and an insignia is easy to get. That means if you want to participate in world PvP you'll need PvE gear something that should never happen.
    So heroic ToT gear is 535 and Elite Tyrannical PVP is 512? And normal ToT is 522 versus 493 non-Elite. So it's 23 or 29 ilvls. And PVP Power is superior to every PVE stat, including primaries. Hardly seems like an insurmountable advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Why do you (and others) think that because resil will be a stat everyone gets that suddenly PvE gear > PvP?

Even if I had 50 more ilvls, say I get 10% Haste more. That is not going to stand against +50% damage against players due to PvP POWER which they said nothing about removing.

All you retards are scared of is not being able to jump a squishy PvE-er and 1shot him.
    You have so no idea about scaling and stats that is is pathethic to even discuss with you. 50% more damage on 100 damage is 150, 200 damage with 0% more damage is 200 damage. The stats on PvE gear are so VASTLY superior that the 50% more damage simply does not matter. PvE players will have several ten thousand more HP, they have about 400-500 more strenght on a single ring alone.

By your logic Cataclysm 390 PvP gear would be better than Pandaria 463 Dungeon gear. It is not, very much not.
    So heroic ToT gear is 535 and Elite Tyrannical PVP is 512? And normal ToT is 522 versus 493 non-Elite. So it's 23 or 29 ilvls. And PVP Power is superior to every PVE stat, including primaries. Hardly seems like an insurmountable advantage.
    496 is the end for PvP gear, Elite Tyrannical will only be cosmetical afterall. Go and read the goddamn blue post before you come here and comment will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shouryuken View Post
    PvP gear was MADE for PvP it is it's sole reason for existing. If PvP gear gets worse at PvP than PvE gear there's something horrible wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-03-25 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on stat weights, it's actually a disadvantage to wear PvE gear in a PvP encounter, well past the item levels we're talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh noes, u cant gank anymore, cry more
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It's an open world MMO, that's what I loved about it. I had no problem getting ganked when I was level 30 by a level 80 or something. You were always kind of fearful when levelling that anything could happen. If you have a problem with ganking, go play on a PvE server and just do Arenas/BGs. Ganking is what makes PvP servers, PvP servers. Some of the best fights can come from ganking a low level, he calls people frmo his guild to protect him, you call a few of your friends, and then a big fight ensues.
    I don't mind being ganked now and then, I mind that there is almost never an opportunity for a remotely fair fight. Because then I DON'T ACTUALLY GET TO PVP, you realise.

When I leveled my first character I occasionally ran into Alliance, and maybe we were friendly to each other or maybe we fought. They'd kill me, I'd kill them back, it was great. Or maybe they were too good for me and it was too bad so sad. That's what I wanted and expected when rolling on a PVP server. Unfortunately that was a tiny minority of my world PVP experiences.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:35 AM ----------

496 is the end for PvP gear, Elite Tyrannical will only be cosmetical afterall. Go and read the goddamn blue post before you come here and comment will you?
    So it's 496 instead of 512? Big whoop. How often will you be fighting against someone full heroic geared anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Didn't you know? When people gank, it's "PvP happened" but when someone in PvE gear kills a PvP player, PvP is officially dead.
    No, when a PvP player ganks a PvE player, it's a PvP player doing what he does, versing another player. There's a reason why PvP'ers suck real bad against NPCs/dungeon monsters. And there's a reason why PvE players suck against other players. It should stay that way. But come 5.3, PvE players are going to have a huge advantage.

And the PvP power arguent is actually retarded. If you're using this argument, you obviously don't PvP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 12:40 PM ----------

I don't mind being ganked now and then, I mind that there is almost never an opportunity for a remotely fair fight. Because then I DON'T ACTUALLY GET TO PVP, you realise.

When I leveled my first character I occasionally ran into Alliance, and maybe we were friendly to each other or maybe we fought. They'd kill me, I'd kill them back, it was great. Or maybe they were too good for me and it was too bad so sad. That's what I wanted and expected when rolling on a PVP server. Unfortunately that was a tiny minority of my world PVP experiences.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 02:35 AM ----------

So it's 496 instead of 512? Big whoop. How often will you be fighting against someone full heroic geared anyway?
    It's the principle you moron. Someone that has PvE gear should never (skill level aside) have an advantage over someone in top level PvP gear. That's the WHOLE POINT of PvP gear. If PvE players are better at killing little monsters in caves, then PvP players should be better at killing other players.

I often fight high rated pvp players in full pve heroic gear... That shit is stupid. PvE players don't PvP. If you can't kill them then you shouldnt pvp either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    World PvP died with the introduction of Battlegrounds.
    No wait, with best gear coming from arenas.
    No wait, with flying mounts.
    No wait, with resilience.
    No wait, with mass summons.
    No wait, with base resilience.

People are just mad that they can't own someone with 0 skill just because they have no PvP gear.
    That is really what it comes down to... ´ I fear I am not guaranteed to win now.. world pvp is not fun anymore´.

Also, did anyone fail to realize that the two best zones for world pvp in Vanilla were also low level questing zones. Sithilis? ha.... nope, it was TM-SS, and Crossroads.... you know why? ganking lowbies. Most pvpers wanted nothing to do with being in a zone with other level 60s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    you know why? ganking lowbies. Most pvpers wanted nothing to do with being in a zone with other level 60s.
    they still dont... go sit at the outlands portal. nothing but 90's one shotting lvl 58's going through the portal to quest. i rarely see anybody out where other 90's are guaranteed to be. they avoid these zones like the plague. they cant handle a fair fight, and thats why we have all this complaining in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    and PvE'rs are carebears who literally all run past eachother so they can get their quests dont quicker.
    Tried to make a logical argument and starts off like that... That isn't how you try and get your point across.

Btw PVP power PVP gear > Pve gear with no pvp power. In light of these patch notes it seems everyone has forgot that pvp power exists.
    Aye mate

If PvE players have a distinct advantage over killing storybook dungeon monsters in caves, why can't PvP players have an advantage at killing other players?

And they should have this advtange EVERYWHERE, not just in 2 or 3 zones. What dumb fucking logic is that?

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Tried to make a logical argument and starts off like that... That isn't how you try and get your point across.

Btw PVP power PVP gear > Pve gear with no pvp power. In like of these patch notes it seems everyone has forgot that pvp power exists.
    Oh I wasn't trying to be insulting. It's just true. I probably could have worded it better, but for the most part, PvE'rs are carebears who just want to do their quests and don't give two shits about PvP. I watch my friend (who doesn't PvP at all and just raids/does heroics) and when he was doing dailies in Isle the other day, he was just running past people killing quest mobs, without even glancing at the alliance running past him. If I see an alliance trying to kill a boss quest mob, I will go try and screw it up for them, because that's what keeps people on their toes and keeps the game spontaneous.

I'm sorry if you want to play your game like a job.

PvP power will impact this change in a very large way I think. It won't change much for people who are geared. Pve Players will still do less damage to pvp players. PvP players will still do more damage (in pvp), just not as much as before. There will also be more chances for this thing called skill to surface (maybe), you know like when players don't have full pvp gear on head to toe they will still be capable of fighting a pvper if they are good enough, which is currently not as possible as it was in the previous expansion.

I think this change targets making it easier for people to get into pvp because how frustrating the initial gearing period can be. Ive player wow since around patch 2.0 and gearing my rogue even with the help of contenders gear this season was one of my hardest gearing periods in pvp to date. I'm a veteran at this game, I didnt even really mind it all that much, yea it was tough, but there are others out there who just probably can't stand it. They are the majority, so wow is being simplified for them. Just like pve was. I will deal with it and if I don't like it I will leave this game again. So what. I will find another, or do something else with my free time. Its not the end of the world people. Please rethink thread titles like this one OP, they are toxic and cause low levels of intelligent discussion in some ways.

Yes blizzard has the potential to fuck it all up, but lets at least wait for the changes to go live before we condemn it yea?

Edit Reason: Fix grammar, Fix some being to harsh.
    Last edited by Carni; 2013-03-25 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I wasn't trying to be insulting. It's just true. I probably could have worded it better, but for the most part, PvE'rs are carebears who just want to do their quests and don't give two shits about PvP. I watch my friend (who doesn't PvP at all and just raids/does heroics) and when he was doing dailies in Isle the other day, he was just running past people killing quest mobs, without even glancing at the alliance running past him. If I see an alliance trying to kill a boss quest mob, I will go try and screw it up for them, because that's what keeps people on their toes and keeps the game spontaneous.

I'm sorry if you want to play your game like a job.
    But you are being insulting! I know alot of 2k+ players that don't give 2 shits about alliance while doing there dailies because they just want to get them done. Its people with REAL JOB that don't want to slow down there dailies by fighting alliance. I am not even sure where the "I'm Sorry if you want to play your game like a job" came from. What the hell has that got to do with anything?

Some days i have limited time so i just rush threw my dailies ignoring alliance because i want to get them done there are others where i feel like fucking with alliance so i attack them. It has NOTHING to do with being a "care bear" as you so kindly put it.

Also you still did answer the point about pvp power.
    Aye mate