Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    MoP has many fans, it is thus far the expansion which gets the most love while it is current from my experience. Every other expansion has been hated big time while it was current, MoP seems to be fairly liked in comparison.
    I see that diffrent as MoP = worst xpac yet... even worse then cata....

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Now I'm not so sharp on TBC, I quit for the majority of that expansion, but in Vanilla all you would do outside of raid nights was to farm Twilight Cultists in Silithus for those texts that sold well on AH. Once you reached gear above dungeons, then there was nothing more to do than wait for the raids, and while that wasn't a bad thing back then it sure wouldn't go over well today.
    yeah nostalgica is bad you had plenty of quests left even after you entered raiding IF you cared about the roots of this mmoRPG....

As stated before after Cata MoP is the next nail for the coffin as ie RatedBG, Heroic Scenarios, Challange Modes cant be done LFG wise and thus are impossible to do on dead servers like mine.... but yeah server mergers are to hard to do....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The solution to all problems in the game shouldn't be slap content into an instance and call it a day. Is there a case to be made there were too many dailies? Definitely but to continually whine that you can't do it all by queuing up in a city 24/7 isn't going to get anything changed or improved. This game needs more open world content not less.
    I never said add more instance content. I said tabards would be one(Not the only) of the best solutions to the dailies because the players don't like doing dailies but they need the rep. The issue is rep and how it's acquired. Currently dailies are the only way to gain any significant amount. If you can think of a better solution let me know but for now I hold to my statement that tabards are one of the best solutions to the issue of dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Evisiling View Post
    If there is one thing I am disappointed with and thats the Scenarios. I wasnt expecting them to be instanced easier dungeons but more like Rifts in Rift, Fates in FF XIV and what they have in Guild Wars 2 where a boss is attacking and everyone joins in and receives a reward. If there is one thing World of Warcraft is missing it is this, they got it a bit right with the tap to faction world bosses but thats about it.
    You know what word "scenario" means, right? How is some "random boss attacking everyone" is REMOTELY relevant to that? Anyway, world bosses, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    I never said add more instance content. I said tabards would be one(Not the only) of the best solutions to the dailies because the players don't like doing dailies but they need the rep. The issue is rep and how it's acquired. Currently dailies are the only way to gain any significant amount. If you can think of a better solution let me know but for now I hold to my statement that tabards are one of the best solutions to the issue of dailies.
    It's Xanzul he doesn't actually read what he quotes before launching into a tirade, although I have to say you got off lightly there is no swearing and he hasn't insulted you.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    When someone says this, you know they are off their trolley...
    Why is someone's opinion that they do not like MOP less valid than someone that does? And why do you feel the need to insult them?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Unless they make it possible to come back to a scenario, say when we're level 95-100, then they will just disappear just like the lv85 LFR version of dragonsoul, and the loot with it (yes, there were some unique pices of LFR Dragon soul loot I would have liked to get, now can't).
    Completely agree with that. I had several ideas like "provide a merchant in regular DS that would downgrade loot by selling LFR items in exchange for normal (or even heroic) versions", but I always forget to go to forums with it, and on top of that it seems devs are pretty much ignoring EU forums anyway. If anyone who have access to US forums wants to post it - feel free.

Yup, blizzard is happy that they keep losing subscribers i am sure of it.

This expansion did not draw people in, it alienated people instead, so yeah they are pretty happy that they lost subs, while they keep doing things nobody wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Yup, blizzard is happy that they keep losing subscribers i am sure of it.
    If they expect to lose X, and instead they lose 1/2 X, then they are happy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Enjoying it. I am a bit bored of wow in general (as in I dont play it everyday anymore I just play on weekends mostly and play sc2/lol most the time when I play) but the story line and polish on the games very good.

MOP has been good but could be improved.

This expansion is not alt friendly. Questing is not exciting when your doing it on a 2nd or 3rd character.
    I don't mind dailies but I find it frustrating that I cannot do any dailies until level 90. I would of preferred to have the option to do dailies while leveling so it wouldnt feel like such a grind at level 90.
    I do not like scenarios. I only do them for the quick valor. I would prefer if they added a few more dungeons instead of scenarios. I also don't like that scenarios are only for level 90 characters. This could be a great tool to level with.
    Only 2 dungeons at level 85 was a big mistake. A lot of players like to level by dungeons but once you hit level 87, you are completely over these 2 dungeons.
    This expansion had some great storylines but I didn't feel very involved. The Black Prince questline was great. I actually enjoyed doing this as I could do it over time and it felt like I was achieving something - this is what lacks in todays world of warcraft game.
    The isle of the thunder king was great for the first week. After that, you hit exalted and had no reason to go back to that island. A lot of players (myself included) stop caring about this place.
    This expansion had way too many daily quests. Players complained but Blizzard did not care and continued to add more daily quests. I wouldn't of minded if reputation was accountwide and the valor vendors was unlocked for my alts but no they werent. I HAD to do dailies on my alts to get rep to be able to buy items to be able to do LFR. Doing this on several characters is not fun.
    Archaeology got a buff in this expansion but the achievements were not fun. Who wants to find 20 of each fragment?
    Pet battles was great. Some people like them, others don't. I don't like all the pets they added so quickly. I believe this ruined pets in this game. Leveling EVERY pet is not fun. 5000 pvp pet battles achievement? You have to be kidding!

Because not only did they say they didn't like it, they said it was worse than Cata. Let's face it, Cata is universally the worst expansion to date. And oh, maybe the same need you had to insult Xanzul, perhaps? (And don't claim it wasn't an insult. As nicely as you may type some thing out, it still was.)

Why do you feel the need to jump into this to defend someone over something as trivial as this?
    It is a popular opinion that Cata is the worst expansion, one that the person you quoted does not share, his is no less valid than those who like MOP than Cata. There was nothing insulting or untruthful about what I wrote and it does not excuse you declaring the person you quoted off his rocker.

Perhaps this forum would be a more pleasant place if people did not attack others as soon as they see an opinion that differs from their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If they expect to lose X, and instead they lose 1/2 X, then they are happy.
    Indeed, however this assumes that Blizzard have given up hope that WOW is going to recover and are now budgeting for a decline, which is not an enviable position considering how much of their income is from WOW. It is difficult to for us to second guess MOP's performance without knowing the results from Q1 at present we know that about a million players returned to play MOP the majority would not have had any game play experience of it but having played it half of them quit. I would say this is a cause for concern, however if sub figures remain constant during Q1 I think Blizzard will be quite satisfied.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-04-15 at 01:12 PM.

I'm pretty sure they're pleased with it. The changes they've recently made have been nice and it's good to see that they've recognized that even though dailies are not "mandatory" (which they're not) many players felt like they were (which is true), and that's a problem. Perception can never be overlooked if there is a quantitative amount of players that have that perception, even if it's not quite on the mark. They read it and made changes accordingly. Personally, I don't have a problem with dailies, though they can put you to sleep if you do them solo. Much better to find at least one other person to group and zerg them faster.

But yeah, my one gripe is the situation with alts. There's so much to do that I barely have time for anything other than my main -- not that that's a bad thing, but I like to change up and play other classes fairly frequently during the week for a change of pace. While I know that I *can* do that, it also feels like I'm neglecting something that I need to do on my main.

Personally, I wish that valor points were account bound with a cap on the account, rather than the character, per week. Offer the opportunity which characters (and spec) you choose to upgrade. I suppose it already works that way based on which one you play...but still. Really, I'd be okay with it if the cap remained at 1,000 per week/3,000 max per account, though I'm sure that would be met with complaints from other alt players who make the 1,000 cap every week on multiple characters...but, good Lord, that seems like one would be spending too much time in front of their computer to do that.

So yeah, great expansion. Lots to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is a popular opinion that Cata is the worst expansion, one that the person you quoted does not share, his is no less valid than those who like MOP than Cata. There was nothing insulting or untruthful about what I wrote and it does not excuse you declaring the person you quoted off his rocker.

Perhaps this forum would be a more pleasant place if people did not attack others as soon as they see an opinion that differs from their own.
    Coming from someone who does it quite often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Coming from someone who does it quite often.
    As I said to you before if you believe that any of my posts are offensive report them and let a moderator deal with them instead of trying to stir.

If we're going into the whole opinion thing then why is my opinion of his opinion not valid? It's just an opinion.
    You can look through my post history and see how often (i.e. not very) I do say something like that. To each their own and so on.

Anyway, I'm not about to get into a pointless argument over something like this.
    Your opinion is equally valid I just thought the little dig was unnecessary and it is all too common on these forums for people to insult others, although I am not saying that you do this often. Anyway we have both had our say and you are right that it would be a pointless argument so it is the last I will say on the subject.

Deleted
    There is alot of good things that have come with the exp overall. I think this actually is "the best expansion so far". That beeing said I don't think it is a optimal exp for the av player. I like many others can't enjoy all of the expansion as there kind of is too much to do to get the big whole experience from it. The expansion is filled with alot of lore, alot of war and some great raids.

This is tho what i like about the expansion and it would be hard to have it working with lots of lore etc without the other stuff. I think blizzard is happy about the expansion tho. They introduced both a new class and a race that worked out great. Scenarios is imo fun and a good way to get some more lore but in a short amount of time, this could ofc be done better tho. Would like some cutscenes etc in them to get that little extra bit instead of a more or less "nuke your way through" with some lore "hidden between the lines".

As I mainly am a PvE player and been since classic i like the exp so far in the way that you can't just lvl 90, queue for some 5m and then go the latest tier. I loved the epic feeling in both classic and tbc that you didnt miss out. If you wanted to kill Nefarian, you had to go through MC a few times and prepare for it, you also had to get the cloak made by LW and stuff like that. You did progress from the start to the end and i like that it is back. Even if you "only" go RF you will still have a few weeks going MSV, HoF and ToES to get into ToT and you do have to kill the previous bosses to unlock the next ones coming. That is a great way of getting through both the bosses and the PvE lore.

I have probably missed alot of things and i don't really wanna go into talking dailys. They have been abit better with 5.2 imo and it still can ofc become better. This is just my 5 cents tho.

As I said to you before if you believe that any of my posts are offensive report them and let a moderator deal with them instead of trying to stir.
    Never said I found any of your posts Offensive. Just implying don't criticize someone nor try to tutor them when you're folly to the same mistakes, and quite often.

MOP's got its good points and bad points - The leveling is terribly boring and I seriously had to really push through to get to 90... however, once I was 90 I must say I am quite impressed with whats on offer. The dailies weren't all that bad although I did feel that I had to do them to stay competitive early on but now I can't get valor fast enough, 1000 a week is simply not enough!

One thing I am not impressed with however is ToT, personally I think its a complete arse hole of a raid and the next tier of raiding cant get here quick enough. Can't quite understand how people are saying its one of the best raids ever and comparing it to Ulduar... Its not a patch on Ulduar, ToT is linear, theirs too much boring pain in the arse trash, some of the bosses are just horrible and a million adds doesn't make a good boss fight and on top of all that is doesn't even look that impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Never said I found any of your posts Offensive. Just implying don't criticize someone nor try to tutor them when you're folly to the same mistakes, and quite often.

You're stirring again. Again, if you believe my posts are not in the spirit of the forum rules then bring them to the attention of a moderator.

To be fair, I could have worded my reply to his post entirely differently and not been as harsh. I'm not one to shy away from my faults

Anyway, I shall wash my hands of the subject! ^_^
    Fair enough, to be honest after reading your replies I think you comment was more in jest than I initially thought. Anyway, I agree we should leave it at that, we have derailed this thread enough.

You're stirring again. Again, if you believe my posts are not in the spirit of the forum rules then bring them to the attention of a moderator.
    I offered a counter statement to yours. That's not stirring: that's civilly debating a topic, sir. Don't assume so much with what I say just because you disagree with it.

If it was not for the most horrible pvp experience (class balance and burst at 90, baseline resilience in low level pvp making healers / hyrbids godmode) i ever had in this game (playing since 2007), I would say it is the best thing since BC.

As for dailies, don't do them. Problem solved.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're just trying something new. Seems like they dialed back a bit on the dailies reputation thing with the championing system coming back for heroics and scenarios and work orders.

Seemed like they were trying to create a "solo-only progression option". However, we all know how MMO players act. When some form of progression exists a lot of players are going to do it to death even if it's not something they enjoy doing to begin with. Therefore, it didn't really work out.