Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    revenue from subscriptions has gone up, despite losses in china, if there were any substantial losses in na or eu that would not be possible

Three Months Ended March 31,
    2013 2012

Net revenues:
    Product sales $ 990 $ 874
    Subscription, licensing and other revenues 1 334 298
    Total net revenues 1,324 1,172
    Did u bother to read where all of those figures come from?

Ill give u a clue, this is lifted from the conference call report >>>

Subscription, licensing and other revenues represents revenues from World of Warcraft subscriptions, Call of Duty
    Elite memberships, licensing royalties from our products and franchises, value-added services, downloadable
    content, and other miscellaneous revenues.

This figure is not exclusively Wow revenue. Its a combination of a lot of stuff. "downloadable content" indicates to me a hell of alot of their other games for example. As well as selling licenses for the Blizzard portfolio of games. Call of Duty subs is obviously rather large too and its a new product.

10+ Year Old Account
    the revenue i just quoted is specifically from subscriptions revenue
    You must not have read the line where it says "Subscription, licencing and other revenue"

licencing and other revenues could have gone up, and subs DRAMATICALLY fell

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 11:43 PM ----------

its what the revenue report says
    Ok, until you become a finance major (I am, and I work in the industry), you can not say anything more about how the revenues of a company works. Especially with logic like "hey subs fell, but sub revenue went up!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is it me, or are there some people who are in denial that WoW is actually a dying game? All the excuses in the world like: "who cares about east subs, numbers in west and EU remain stable" is actually complete bullshit pulled out of their ass.

Just look at all the low pop realms, and complaints about servers being imbalanced. How does that happen? Oh right, because soo many players are on the realms and they are populated beyond belief.

Time to face reality: Wow is in decline.
    Nobody wants to be the last one online playing WoW, I think the rate of decline will get larger every quarter from now on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    It is not HIS math, it's taken from Blizzard's P&L.
    Also, there is something called deferred revenue.
    I direct you to post #1674.

as well as post #1673

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    dude go back and read post #1614 then check what u have written.

Ive taken all of my data DIRECTLY from the conference call report itself.

All this speak of CHINA is bullcrap cos its not mentioned anywhere.
    This is the report. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...200500491.html

And they have stated from the EAST. The transcript which is not free states East.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, more "the sky is falling." Dear gods, can we take Chicken Little out back and add 11 original herbs and spices to his 'the world is ending' 2-piece combo? Seriously. The dead horse has been beaten to the point that the gravy on KFC's mashed potatoes happens to have more substance to it.

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    I direct you to post #1674.

as well as post #1673
    Have you even read the figures? Have you seen the GAAP vs non-GAAP bridge, with the non-GAAP revenue actually DOWN? Seriously, how hard is to get that they're deferring revenue from MOP release on several quarters like they always did?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Nobody wants to be the last one online playing WoW, I think the rate of decline will get larger every quarter from now on
    I've canceled my subscription long ago, so I was in that number of 1.3 million subs lost. Even with this ToT raid, people have lost interest.

My reason for quitting is different from others, but for me, raids are not epic anymore. They are linear, no real engaging quests leading up to them, no real story. I liked being held back from entering TBC raids until I finished an attunement quest chain, and completed some epic task that was quite challenging.

Those feelings have long been lost since Wrath of the fail king. Call me what you will, but you have to admit (speaking generally), at least some of the sparkle has been lost due to the linear way blizz seems to want to release content now.

Plus, no real surprise anymore, partly due to no attunements.

Did u bother to read where all of those figures come from?

Ill give u a clue, this is lifted from the conference call report >>>

Subscription, licensing and other revenues represents revenues from World of Warcraft subscriptions, Call of Duty
    Elite memberships, licensing royalties from our products and franchises, value-added services, downloadable
    content, and other miscellaneous revenues.

This figure is not exclusively Wow revenue. Its a combination of a lot of stuff. "downloadable content" indicates to me a hell of alot of their other games for example. As well as selling licenses for the Blizzard portfolio of games. Call of Duty subs is obviously rather large too and its a new product.
    considering wow is the main golden cow of blizzard if the sub loss in eu and na was substantial there most likely wouldve been a loss in revenue not a gain in revenue.

you arent proving your point and are still just running around calling blizzard liars to push your own agenda
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    This is the report. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...200500491.html

And they have stated from the EAST. The transcript which is not free states East.
    Exactly my point

Ive been using direct data from the report and not any of this rumour or fanboy 'facts'.

The report says that subs have been lost in both East and West but more have been lost in the East. Thats completely open to interpretation. the only fact u can discern from this is that BOTH ARE LOSING SUBS.

So lets stop trying to pretend the West is fine... its not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Have you even read the figures? Have you seen the GAAP vs non-GAAP bridge, with the non-GAAP revenue actually DOWN? Seriously, how hard is to get that they're deferring revenue from MOP release on several quarters like they always did?
    I'm not trying to convince anyone that revenues are down. They are obviously up, but the revenues are not all from WoW subscriptions. How hard is that to understand?

The whole point of this topic of conversation is that World of Warcraft has lost subscriptions, and hence World of Warcraft subscription revenue. It doesnt take someone in upper division 400 level finance courses to understand that point. More like arithmetic 101.

15+ Year Old Account
    U do realise that Wow is only 1 of dozens of Blizzard products right? lol

Wow revenues definitely went down, even tho Blizzards overall revenues may have gone up, its irrelevant.

Also the Conference Call only mentions ASIA so your 'APAC' is kinda irrelevant also.
    Yup. Show me where Blizzard provides a break down between each game and you'll have a valid argument. It doesn't take a genius to keep scrolling to where it says online subscription revenue and compare it to last quarter. Starcraft and D3 have no subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of this topic of conversation is that World of Warcraft has lost subscriptions, and hence World of Warcraft subscription revenue. It doesnt take someone in upper division 400 level finance courses to understand that point. More like arithmetic 101.
    No, because compared to last year, you have the deferred revenue from MOP release. Which is why WoW-related figures are up compared to Q1 2012.
    But yes, it is an accounting artefact because of GAAP standards.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Exactly my point

Ive been using direct data from the report and not any of this rumour or fanboy 'facts'.

The report says that subs have been lost in both East and West but more have been lost in the East. Thats completely open to interpretation. the only fact u can discern from this is that BOTH ARE LOSING SUBS.

So lets stop trying to pretend the West is fine... its not.
    except it is mostly fine, the problem isnt players wuitting in the west its keeping players subbed full time instead of taking breaks inbetween patches,

people in the east are quitting wow for good unlike people in the west which are mostly just taking breaks, which are entirely different problems
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    considering wow is the main golden cow of blizzard if the sub loss in eu and na was substantial there most likely wouldve been a loss in revenue not a gain in revenue.
    I will refer u to another statement from Kotick on the Conference Call report>>>

The shift in release dates of competing products, the disappointing launch of the Wii U™, uncertainties regarding next-generation hardware, and subscriber declines in our World of Warcraft business all raise concerns, as do continued challenges in the global economy. For these reasons, we remain cautious. However, our focused and disciplined approach to our business has served us well in the past, and through continued investment and careful management of our costs, we expect to continue delivering shareholder value over the long term as we have for the last 20 years.”

Why would Kotick make specific reference that theyre concerned about Wow?

Hes not mentioned any other Blizzard game, only Wow.

If they were happy with Western Wow subs he couldve made reference to that here, he didnt. Hes made the sweeping statement that theyre concerned about Wow subs.

you arent proving your point and are still just running around calling blizzard liars to push your own agenda
    My only agenda is trying to make sense of the Conference Call report itself. If u dont like what it says then please stop posting up lies and inaccuracies. U have proven very clearly that u dont know how to read the report itself by assuming that the 'subscription' entry in the quarterly report was exclusively Wow.

I will refer u to another statement from Kotick on the Conference Call report>>>

The shift in release dates of competing products, the disappointing launch of the Wii U™, uncertainties regarding next-generation hardware, and subscriber declines in our World of Warcraft business all raise concerns, as do continued challenges in the global economy. For these reasons, we remain cautious. However, our focused and disciplined approach to our business has served us well in the past, and through continued investment and careful management of our costs, we expect to continue delivering shareholder value over the long term as we have for the last 20 years.”

Why would Kotick make specific reference that theyre concerned about Wow?

Hes not mentioned any other Blizzard game, only Wow.

If they were happy with Western Wow subs he couldve made reference to that here, he didnt. Hes made the sweeping statement that theyre concerned about Wow subs.

My only agenda is trying to make sense of the Conference Call report itself. If u dont like what it says then please stop posting up lies and inaccuracies. U have proven very clearly that u dont know how to read the report itself by assuming that the 'subscription' entry in the quarterly report was exclusively Wow.
    i never said it was exclusively wow, i said that wow is the main money maker when it comes to subscriptions and if the losses were substantial in the west the loss wouldve been around 6x higher asnd thus it wouldve been very unlikely revenue wouldve gone up for subscriptions even with the extra padding from the smaller sources.

also yes he says the decline in wow subs... and then goes on to say that they were mostly in the east. do you not realize how little they pay in asia compared to na and eu? any substantial loss over here would mean huge amounts of revenue lost compared to the paltry amount of money blizzard makes from china, subs in china are more about wow being able to have a flashy number by saying "x amount of people have played our game" when in reality its "a bunch of people play this game that pay a fraction of what you will but because they play we get to say big numbers that marketing people love"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Despite spitting out quality content the subs are still falling, kinda sad, but expected as with anything that's past its prime regarding numbers.
    Quality content? Yo mean pet battles? You mean cutted talents and glyphs? You mean endless dailies? You mean the scenarios or the challenge modes nearly no one plays? Or you mean for quality content just 6 new dungeons for an expansion?

I don't think any of these are quality content. I canceled my subscription in january after the landfall 5.1 patch. Maybe i missed "the good raid" of the expansion, Throne of Thunder, but I had enough of cutted and changed content just for the sake of change every expansion. I like Mists, it has the better lore and the is the most beautiful expansion, but gameplay speaking, it sucks a lot.

A bit of continutiy with an "add content" mentality instead of a "change content" mentality wouldn't hurt the game.

Yes, 8.3mill its still a lot. We have to return to before Lich King's xpac to see subs on the same "low" level.

Deleted
    people in the east are quitting wow for good unlike people in the west which are mostly just taking breaks, which are entirely different problems
    thank the lord that ur not CEO of Blizzard... cos if the CEO actually believed this garbage then Wow would defnitely be dead in a couple of months.

I quoted above that Kotick has said publicly that he is concerned about Wow subs. If hes concerned then its a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    except it is mostly fine, the problem isnt players wuitting in the west its keeping players subbed full time instead of taking breaks inbetween patches,

Its funny how you generalize the whole North american servers, as well as European servers like we HAVE to stay with the game. I personally know several people who no longer play the game for many of the same reasons I no longer play the game. It took me a longer time to unsub but thats because I had a few irl ties to the game. Now I only have 1 friend who plays the game still, and thats not enough reason for me to continue playing, despite the several hours of my life wasted in that game.

If the next expansion isn't a burning legion one I won't be playing, if it is I will probably play throughout the whole xpansion