10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    The pinocchio tale of people sub in between patches is nonsense, have these same people forgot to resub for a major patch 5.2 ToT ?
    True. If this was indeed the case, they would've never said to expect subs to keep dropping.

Deleted
    Can't be arsed to start another crying thread so I'll just ask it here.

Probably most of you have already thought of this, some even think that the numbers as of today are even lower, thus my question is:
    In my view, those 1.3 mil loses are on paper for the shareholders right and keep the market loss at minimum? But in reality by how far do you think blizz artificially keeps the number at the one released compared to the real one?

10+ Year Old Account
    GC mocking the community yet again with his latest twitter post. Starting to dislike him a lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    GC mocking the community yet again with his latest twitter post. Starting to dislike him a lot...
    That's remarkably uninformative.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

What did he say? He's made a lot of tweets recently.

Subs - ToTheGroundBaby, on Capt. Pinkys watch.... what a shame. Jay Wilson can turn the raiding scene around for WoW
    Last edited by OmegaManHester; 2013-05-10 at 02:03 AM.

If you read this thread, it's hard not to agree with him.

Just like every other loss, folks will insist that their own particular dislike of the game happens to be THE reason for the exodus. It's like a giant hyperbole tornado.

10+ Year Old Account
    @pinger714 Some days everyone on the Internet is a financial analyst. Other days they are all constitutional scholars. The Internet is fun.

For the record I consider myself both financial analyst and constitutional scholar. On all days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Just like every other loss, folks will insist that their own particular dislike of the game happens to be THE reason for the exodus. It's like a giant hyperbole tornado.
    Yes, especially with people complaining about raiding. I think they need to find solution how to keep people who DO NOT raid. I am not even sure that 1.3 million people raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Probably, but calling it heavy is a bit... *sunglasses* heavy-handed.
    Yeahhh!

Slightly more seriously, even a nerfed hardmode won't be completed by an LFR player.
    No that's not the point.The point is Blizzard is designing their game around casuals and it's showing even in the most hardcore part of the game.
    Nothing is left untouched by their simplifying plague.
    They think casuals and hardcore players are so different,but they're fkin not.The only difference is the time they have to play.
    So the moment Blizzard started to design WoW to somehow please 2 completely wrong and delusional images of their playerbase that's where it went wrong.

They think of casuals as goldfish that willingly pay every month to log in and do a set dailies because they think dailies are so fkin fun.Same with LFR,they think casuals view that as the climax of their gaming experience.
    On the other side they think they're letting the hardcore players be,yet hc raids get nerfed,progression gear and vp is locked behind dailies and LFR,and as a consequence,alts are locked behind dailies and LFR too.
    It's never been this shitty to have alts,all because of ''casual content''.

So yeah Blizzard is currently shitting all over its playerbase,casual or hardcore.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2013-05-10 at 02:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    So yeah Blizzard is currently shitting all over its playerbase,casual or hardcore.
    True that and sad part is they think they cater to both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Yes, especially with people complaining about raiding. I think they need to find solution how to keep people who DO NOT raid. I am not even sure that 1.3 million people raid.
    I've mentioned this before as one of my favorite thought experiments: take every boss in MoP, eliminate the raid they belong to and make them the end boss of a 5-man heroic. It's a lot of dungeons. Yeah, I'm wondering out loud if they would be better off to do that. The thing they said about casual players not engaging with the game would say that's not true. But still, I wonder at times.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've mentioned this before as one of my favorite thought experiments: take every boss in MoP, eliminate the raid they belong to and make them the end boss of a 5-man heroic. It's a lot of dungeons. Yeah, I'm wondering out loud if they would be better off to do that. The thing they said about casual players not engaging with the game would say that's not true. But still, I wonder at times.
    Hm, it wouldn't work out because dungeons are pretty different then raids. 1 tank + healer + 3 dps. Let's start with doggies in MSV. Not possible. Essence of raiding should be team work. This is where LFR fails and why dungeons are not enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    No that's not the point.The point is Blizzard is designing their game around casuals and it's showing even in the most hardcore part of the game.
    Nothing is left untouched by their simplifying plague.
    Given the number of complaints I've read about normal T15 being too difficult--much less heroic raiding which is apparently completely out of sight for most people--I'd be happy to read your thoughts where you flesh that out. The one thing I can very much say about forum chatter this tier and to a certain extent last tier is that the 'most hardcore part of the game' is getting a lot of flak for being too difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

Yeah but currently everyone's particular dislike is just about as good a reason as the next person's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    Hm, it wouldn't work out because dungeons are pretty different then raids. 1 tank + healer + 3 dps. Let's start with doggies in MSV. Not possible. Essence of raiding should be team work. This is where LFR fails and why dungeons are not enough.
    I wasn't being precisely literal about the translation of raid to dungeon but you get the point. It's a lot of dungeons. To be certain, I have lots of terrible ideas that would never ever work--that's one of them because raiding as an activity isn't going anywhere--but it can be instructive to think about them. How different is MOP with nearly two dozen extra dungeons and no raids? Better? Worse? Raiders will clearly think worse and dungeoneers will think probably MUCH better. Can't say that I've worked out any of the unintended consequences of that.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-10 at 02:19 AM.

Where's The PvP Guru (tom shiton) that has turned PvP into Doo-Doo, is he still working on pvp or has he passed the tray of crap he created on to Holinka ?

Deleted
    I wasn't being precisely literal about the translation of raid to dungeon but you get the point. It's a lot of dungeons. To be certain, I have lots of terrible ideas that would never ever work--that's one of them because raiding as an activity isn't going anywhere--but it can be instructive to think about them. How different is MOP with nearly two dozen extra dungeons and no raids? Better? Worse? Raiders will clearly think worse and dungeoneers will think probably MUCH better. Can't say that I've worked out any of the unintended consequences of that.
    I would play with less friends (only 5), game wouldn't be challenging enough for me (think aoe zerg fest dungeons like we have) which would result in less fun. I am sure you guessed I am raider :P

Deleted
    Given the number of complaints I've read about normal T15 being too difficult--much less heroic raiding which is apparently completely out of sight for most people--I'd be happy to read your thoughts where you flesh that out. The one thing I can very much say about forum chatter this tier and to a certain extent last tier is that the 'most hardcore part of the game' is getting a lot of flak for being too difficult.
    My point was not that the casual influence is huge on heroic raiding,it was that the casual influence is so huge it shows itself even in heroic raiding.

To get people back, they need something new. It doesnt have to be a whole expansion. And people dont get too excited about a new zone (eg Isle of Thunder).
    However there would be alot of excitement if Blizz introduced another new class.