Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    But that is relevent there are no mechanics in LFR because with everything set to tickle damage you can LITERALLY ignore EVERYTHING.

Though I do quite enjoy the trivial design. It allows me to que up as a healer and just dps the boss and noone knows the difference.
    Well not EVERYTHING, because if you can ignore EVERYTHING there would be no wipes ever. Easy example, Durumu in LFR dies, not because everybody ignores the maze, but because his health is so low, that those who don't ignore it, can kill it for the rest, most of the time, there are enrages still this week.
    Last edited by thigan; 2013-05-11 at 01:44 AM.

But that is relevent there are no mechanics in LFR because with everything set to tickle damage you can LITERALLY ignore EVERYTHING.

Though I do quite enjoy the trivial design. It allows me to que up as a healer and just dps the boss and noone knows the difference.
    And yet for some reason LFR Lei Shen still requires at least 5 wipes even after the massive nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    find that hard to believe, there is always room to improve
    If you tried hard enough could you be an olympic sprinter or ping pong player?

Because according to you anything is possible as long as you try hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    But the man said he raided before with success. Yes, it's harder now but it's not olympic hard.
    Sometimes its harder to get back up on the horse after it's thrown you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are different degrees of nerf. There is a gaping chasm between LFR and normal mode.
    I kind of agree, but that level of nerf is necessary to compensate for the lack of coordination.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    If you tried hard enough could you be an olympic sprinter or ping pong player?
    if you cared enough then yeah

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    I kind of agree, but that level of nerf is necessary to compensate for the lack of coordination.
    LFR is a buncha random people

Normal and heroics are for organized teams, why wouldnt there be a gap?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

if you cared enough then yeah
    I happen to be an amputee. I don't think I could do it, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Sometimes its harder to get back up on the horse after it's thrown you off.
    That's true. I suspect you need new raiding guild with friendly atmosphere.

I think a premade exclusive 10-man with a level of difficulty determined by Blizzard and the community in PTR for the Wotlk pugger would be good for the community. LFR doesn't provide a social interaction and the game kind of punish you for trying to run Dungeons only. If they want everybody to run ToT, I think they should create a ToT for as much people as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thigan View Post
    Well not EVERYTHING, because if you can ignore EVERYTHING there would be no wipes ever. Easy example, Durumu in LFR dies, not because everybody ignores the maze, but because his health is so low, that those who don't ignore it, can kill it for the rest, most of the time, there are enrages still this week.
    Dumuru's lazer, Lei Shen's blue swirls and ermmm.... thats it. Ohh the adds at Ji-kun, but only 2 people need to notice them. The maze itself at dumuru doesn't kill anyone, people crossing the laser does. I've seen one or two wipes on animus due to low healing / bad add control but thats pretty minor. Still, on the vast majority of fights in LFR, you really can just ignore everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it already exists and we call it LFR?

---------- Post added 2013-05-11 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    And yet for some reason LFR Lei Shen still requires at least 5 wipes even after the massive nerfs.
    dunno i had a pug group that one shot the boss. if people take time to explain the fight vs yell @ people that never seen the content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I generally agree with that assessment...

I notice you left out BT and SWP, and having raided SWP at the time, i can assure you todays normals are /facepalm easy compared to insanely tight gear/dps/enrage/group comp requirements for SWP..Run Mario style? what raid are you running and what assbackward strat are you using? And if your entire raid basically has an insta wipe because 1 dps dies, there is a serious issue with your group, not the content
    See here's the thing. Gear/dps/enrage/and group comp requirements present equally the same difficulty for bad players as well good players. If all that was left in todays raid for challenges was gear/dps/enrage and group comp requirements than pretty much all heroic raiders would be done with the game. Actually since gear is alot easier to come by these days than it was in the past probably most raiders in general would be done.

Targets switching, interrupts, movement and dps, long dps rotations (with frequent procs to watch for), dps priority chains and obscure and often hard to see mechanics are all vastly more difficult for average or bad or just new raiders than they are for more skilled and heroic raiders. Now some of those existed in TBC but they were really minor as opposed to now in ToT where basically everything I listed above is being pushed and stretched. Like before if Blizzard put an interrupt on a boss that was more or less the fight. Now it's an afterthought. Take durumu. The life drain mechanic on durumu probably would have been an entire TBC boss in and itself. Instead it's an AFTERTHOUGHT to the entire maze/spectrum phase thing. It needlessly complicated a fight that already has alot going on for players to learn. In TBC that fight would have basically just been Maze phase. Maybe an occasional aoe from durmu or one or two adds. nothing like today. Like the easiest part of a fight like Megara really is the rampage. You just sit and heal. Coordinating healing cooldowns is the exact kind of challenge for a social beer league kind of raid but asking players to keep track of a laundry list of mechancs in addition to their dps rotations and in addition to their procs and cooldowns and when to use them is asking to much for the average raider.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-05-11 at 02:09 AM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    then look for different groups

My current guild picked up a tank that had quit for an extended time and had only come back. Consider us a semi-hardcore guild and yet that new tank was able to hold his own. Wanna know why? Because he cared enough to not remain a baddie.
    100% this. If someone WANTS to raid, they will do what they can to improve themselves. Sure some of it is gear, but any guild worth its salt, will take an undergeared raider and feed them a little if they can show they can learn quickly, show they research their class and mechanics and if they show up on time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Some people are not good enough to do raid normal modes, no matter how much they try.
    Wrong. Its dedication. Someone people dont want to work for it.

You need to quit looking at his horse. It isn't yours now shoo.
    I dont look at anyonese horse, i loot at DATA. And DATA shows Normal is tuned too high.

Nooooooooooooo it will end up worse than LFR, We do not need another difficulty, I would say get rid of LFR or have it drop nothing/blues and have it just as a means to practice fights leading into normal, without nerfing the entire instance to the ground
    Whoops, sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    ... Coordinating healing cooldowns is the exact kind of challenge for a social beer league kind of raid but asking players to keep track of a laundry list of mechancs in addition to their dps rotations and in addition to their procs and cooldowns and when to use them is asking to much for the average raider.
    Funny thing is there are players in this thread that say normals are fine that are saying LK was overtuned, and there's some validity to that sentiment. The reason I say it's funny is I can recall being dumb struck by the sheer volume of mechanics involved on LK, that were different for each phase and interlude in the fight, almost every fight in Normal modes now has that convolution - but they are "fine".

Last boss on Normal Similar to First boss on heroic and then the difficulty inclines on Heroic. How is anything wrong with that. Seems pretty legitamate difficulty curb to me. Why should you care about heroics anyhow that isn't content you run.
    How is that wrong? They are supposed to be two different difficulties aimed to two different skilled people. Yet they are both aimed as a progression path of the same group.

Normals and tuned should be two completely different paths. Normals tuned way below Heroic and Heroic should not need normals to be completed.

then you can tune normals for average players and Heroic to top players, instead of tuning BOTH to the top % of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Funny thing is there are players in this thread that say normals are fine that are saying LK was overtuned, and there's some validity to that sentiment. The reason I say it's funny is I can recall being dumb struck by the sheer volume of mechanics involved on LK, that were different for each phase and interlude in the fight, almost every fight in Normal modes now has that convolution - but they are "fine".
    God I wish for an LK fight. I mean I spent a year in ICC. I can't wait to get out of ToT. LK was fucking EASY by comparison to this crap.

Deleted
    I don't understand this new generation casual attitude crap...I've always been a casual in my 6 years of WoW and I have yet to feel the need to ask blizz to nerf content.
    Like wtf this is a game,you're supposed to meet challenges and defeat them.So yes if you don't have enough time to do a challenge,you can't do it but that's just how your life is,why would you demand the game to change for you?It's like going to a mcdonalds and complaining that they don't serve seafood what the hell?

If he cared enough to raid normal mode then he would strive to be good enough to
    Not everyone is as skilled as the rest. Not everyone can achieve the same level of play. You need to understand that before you can follow the discussion.