Thread: Pokémon!

for starters i like all of these im not a fan of froakie but i like him hes just not my style is all, 3rd gen i loved all the starters but i hated sceptile. gen 2 i loved all the starters all the inbetweens and all the finals, gen 1 i liked all of them, gen 4 all of them were pretty meh, the final evos were okay, gen 5 i only liked oshawott.

all of the starters this gen show lots of potiential, they could pull a renamon with fenniken or they could pull an okami, froakie could go a couple ways and chespin could go a couple ways.

i just really wish gamefreak wouldnt mess around and would just show us the final evos pretty much right away, i might love chespin now but if they pull a dratini and he ends up looking like something completely different it dont matter how cute he is unless they are all awful in which case ill pick him and keep him unevolved

also evee got the worst 3ds

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I am personally waiting for gym leaders to start straying away from only using one type of pokemon.
    Giovannia used a mix of ground, rock and normal in his gym back in Gen 1.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    It's as simple as I don't find them very compelling, but then again, the only generation where I like all of the 1st stage starters is 1st generation, Chikorita kills it for 2nd gen, Torchic kills it for 3rd, Turtwig is okay but the other two in 4th gen are pretty uninteresting, and with both 5th and 6th gen I don't like any of the 1st stage starters. I just hope 6th gen doesn't follow the same route as 5th where even all of the fully evolved starters don't look cool to me. It's pretty much the same story for me with the newly revealed 6th gen Pokémon, none of them look very great imo, but I see some potential in the bird and the electric type's evolutions. That's what I try to do with most 1st stage Pokémon, see if their evolutions have potential, because frankly there's very few Pokémon which look as good in their early stages as they do when fully evolved (only Magnemite compared to Magnezone spring to mind.)
    Add Nosepass and... Probopass(?) to that list... Nosepass was never a cool looking pokemon, but opening it's eyes, giving it a hat and a big-ass moustache surely didn't help.... Yikes!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i really hope the bad guys are cool this gen, and hopefully no more "i want to recreate the werlds!!!"

gen 3 and 4 were enough of that.

need some more rockets and plasmas
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i really hope the bad guys are cool this gen, and hopefully no more "i want to recreate the werlds!!!"

gen 3 and 4 were enough of that.

need some more rockets and plasmas
    From what we've seen so far of the region, my guess is they're going to try and steal some "light" and make the world fall into darkness. This is just my guess of course, but I called it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Add Nosepass and... Probopass(?) to that list... Nosepass was never a cool looking pokemon, but opening it's eyes, giving it a hat and a big-ass moustache surely didn't help.... Yikes!
    Yeah, actually, the only Pokémon that meet that criteria are the Pokémon that got evolutions in 4th gen, Rhydon too for example. Though the 4th gen evolutions did do some good too with Gliscor and Yanmega.

Deleted
    Though the 4th gen evolutions did do some good too with Gliscor and Yanmega.
    And Gallade, and Froslass, and Togekiss, and Electivire, I like Magnezone too. At least he has a design and is not just 3 of his prevolution stuck together.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, actually, the only Pokémon that meet that criteria are the Pokémon that got evolutions in 4th gen, Rhydon too for example. Though the 4th gen evolutions did do some good too with Gliscor and Yanmega.
    Oh yes, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar... Urgh, sigh. I'll never understand why they filled Gen 4 with baby versions and evolutions of older pokemon, such a waste honestly. Some were great though, Glaceon, Froslass and Leafeon, but still....

Deleted
    Oh yes, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar... Urgh, sigh. I'll never understand why they filled Gen 4 with baby versions and evolutions of older pokemon,
    If they wouldn't have done that people would bitch about how so many fully evolved Pokemon from Gen 1 are useless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Gen 4 was close, but there is something off about Turtwig.
    dat parrot face.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    If they wouldn't have done that people would bitch about how so many fully evolved Pokemon from Gen 1 are useless.
    Surely a few new moves or something like that could've fixed that.

Oh yes, Rhyperior, Electivire, Magmortar... Urgh, sigh. I'll never understand why they filled Gen 4 with baby versions and evolutions of older pokemon, such a waste honestly. Some were great though, Glaceon, Froslass and Leafeon, but still....
    I do like Electivire over Electabuzz, and never really liked Magmar butthead either, and while I don't like Magmortar's egg shape and pink moustache too much, the cannons are pretty cool. But yeah, for the most part I feel that it ruined more than it fixed, at least design-wise, I mean Mamoswine for pete's sake, Piloswine had a cool design but was useless, now it's just ugly and useless. Rhydon and Magneton were the ones who suffered the hardest though, or maybe it's just because those were 2 Pokémon I used to have in my teams but don't even want to touch anymore because of their new evolutions. Rhydon really didn't need to be fixed, and it's only a slight boost anyways, while they could just have given Magneton Levitate to fix it and make it the Electric version of Bronzong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like Electivire over Electabuzz, and never really liked Magmar butthead either, and while I don't like Magmortar's egg shape and pink moustache too much, the cannons are pretty cool. But yeah, for the most part I feel that it ruined more than it fixed, at least design-wise, I mean Mamoswine for pete's sake, Piloswine had a cool design but was useless, now it's just ugly and useless. Rhydon and Magneton were the ones who suffered the hardest though, or maybe it's just because those were 2 Pokémon I used to have in my teams but don't even want to touch anymore because of their new evolutions. Rhydon really didn't need to be fixed, and it's only a slight boost anyways, while they could just have given Magneton Levitate to fix it and make it the Electric version of Bronzong.
    Useless is a big word to slap on Mamoswine. He's probably the best of all the gen 4 introduced evolutions for older gen pokemon. Except maybe for togekiss. Damn that flinch hax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Useless is a big word to slap on Mamoswine. He's probably the best of all the gen 4 introduced evolutions for older gen pokemon. Except maybe for togekiss. Damn that flinch hax.
    And still Togekiss is only UU. While Mamoswine and Magnezone enjoy their OU.

Giovannia used a mix of ground, rock and normal in his gym back in Gen 1.
    Him and Blue, I would just enjoy that a little bit more if instead of a type they have a style of pokemon they use, like fish, although that would probably just lead to nothing, but water types, or using snake pokemon. At least it wouldn't be one type and being incredibly easy. I know you shouldn't hit a brick wall with the gym leaders, but it isn't exactly enjoyable using one pokemon against them.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I got my first shiny and its some retarded Pokemon I've never heard of. Well at least I can say I got one now!
    http://i.imgur.com/b9CbZmy.png

Also Koga's gym has a lot of psychic type Pokemon (ever more than poison types!)
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-05-17 at 06:21 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be the only person who likes Rhyperior.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I must be the only person who likes Rhyperior.
    Rhyperior is pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Rhyperior is pretty awesome.
    I used one in HeartGold and it fucking rocked. I'll admit the tail looks a little silly, but the thing is a damn tank.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-05-17 at 07:34 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

OCTOBER NEEDS TO GET HERE ASAP. Shouldnt have visited marriland now my hype is through the damn roof and probaby won't fall back down

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I used one in HeartGold and it fucking rocked. I'll admit the tail looks a little silly, but the thing is a damn tank.
    It is definitely awesome.