10+ Year Old Account
    It's always the can't beat it, than nerf it mentality. Try playing a character that you have trouble playing against and see how 'OP' they are. The possibility that you can't reproduce the same kills with said character should mean enough

I've always had trouble with Pudge (hate his looks, hate his hook and hate his 'fresh meat!!') because some of them are so damn clever hiding in the tree's or off sight just to grapple you and kill you. Yet, there are always those pudges in either opposite or same team who grapple their own team members away when they can last kill someone or grapple creeps instead. That happened so often to me when I wanted to kill someone and this damn pudge grapples me back which allows them to escape >.>

In any case, hero's are ment to be stronger than some others because they all have different counters. You're not supposed to kill every hero 1 on 1. But the thing I like most is that ANY hero involves skill and that gives you a bigger chance of killing someone who is supposed to be your counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I'm drawing comparisons as per your description of why Slark is OP. If you'd like for me not to draw such comparisons, maybe you should improve your description.
    How about you improve your reading and logical capabilities instead, huh? You just cant compare Stat Steal to Static Link for reasons more than one.
    You can't compare 2 nukes which Slark possesses with 1 nuke that Razor has and say its the same, and I don't even mention the fact that its not uncommon to deal less than full damage with plasma field whereas successful Leap ensures successful Pact. My point is fething obvious: a carry which has such a broad spectre of skills with 2 nukes to boot is a bit over the top, im(not)ho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    How about you improve your reading and logical capabilities instead, huh?
    All I'm saying is that "Slark has 2 nukes and steals stats" isn't exactly the best grounds for calling something OP.

Just pick pubseeker since he counters slark pretty hard
    Thirst gives true sight of slark ->he cant heal up for free after a gank and in fights you just rupture, silence and murder him with your team
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

So Valve thinks muting is gonna do anything "good" for the game.

Amazingly fucking retarded.

All I'm saying is that "Slark has 2 nukes and steals stats" isn't exactly the best grounds for calling something OP.
    fun fact: I did not state Slark is OP, I just stated my wish for his Pact to be nerfed in a way .
    l2fething read?

Slark is picked now that people realize how good he is. The hybrid carry/gank support role is just now being explored by the professional scene, expect many other heroes, such as SB and BS, to also be looked at soonish.

Deleted
    fun fact: I did not state Slark is OP, I just stated my wish for his Pact to be nerfed in a way .
    l2fething read?
    If something needs to be nerfed, it is either by definition overpowered or you're being overly biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Yes it does. Why would you want to listen to or read what morons have to say who think they know it all? Then there's also those people who feel the need to call you and the rest of your family names and such.

If something needs to be nerfed, it is either by definition overpowered or you're being overly biased.
    No.

You are being overly blunt, that's all. I say, due to his whole All-around toolkit and Pact being particularily an over versatile tool it might be good to nerf said Pact to bring the whole hero kind of more in line.

On a second look, feth that. I'm in no way going to bang my head against artifical idiocy.

Deleted
    nerf said Pact to bring the whole hero kind of more in line.
    And if he's not currently in line, it's because he's? Say it with me now.

"Overpowered."

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

I am going to take a stab in the dark here and guess that you're muted, based on your post.

lmao

I've had a rather seething conversation with a few of my pals on the topic of Nyx being a "support" in pro games. What do you guys think about the whole "support Nyx" thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    well that rox.kis vs EG game was by far the best game ive seen so far. Most games ive seen tend to get decided within 10 minutes, that one was so close right up to 76.

Deleted
    I've had a rather seething conversation with a few of my pals on the topic of Nyx being a "support" in pro games. What do you guys think about the whole "support Nyx" thing?
    He has no real presence as a mid, no escape early game for solo vs trilane, and you sure as hell can't run him as a hard carry. The only place to put him other than a support is solo vs solo, and there are a lot of better choices like LD.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    He has no real presence as a mid, no escape early game for solo vs trilane, and you sure as hell can't run him as a hard carry. The only place to put him other than a support is solo vs solo, and there are a lot of better choices like LD.
    I was under impression solomid Nyx is the best Nyx, as in: fast 6lvl, fast arcaneboots+urn = nonstop ganks.
    Was I mistaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a huge fan of slark in pubs, his ult is great for basically never having to return to the fountain after 6 and he does great damage early game with his abilities and great damage late game with his essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    He's played as solo mid in pro games as well. He can actually be really annoying before 6 with his skillset. The idea is to get fast level 6, and sometimes a fast dagger.

I was under impression solomid Nyx is the best Nyx, as in: fast 6lvl, fast arcaneboots+urn = nonstop ganks.
    Was I mistaken?
    In a competitive setting, Nyx ganks do not have the same type of impact. You usually need to have another person with you. When people aren't all that oblivious to the minimap and will actually take care (or set up sentries) when Nyx isn't visible in lane, he functions a lot better as a support. He's not a hero that does particularly well with farm (get mana boots and one more item and you'll have everything you need in most games).

If you instead pick him and don't give him any farm at all, the opposition will need to buy sentry wards (or dust, but sentries are better against Nyx because he's invisible until it's too late). This puts your team ahead before the game even starts when you pick Nyx. He doesn't perform that bad as a support: None of his abilities scale. As such, his Impale, Mana Burn, Spiked Carapace and Vendetta will be just as effective with only boots as it is with with a dagon. The threat of a Nyx-gank will still make people play more cautiosly, which allows you to gain map-control easier (in theory anyway).

okay let me try

Slark has mirana leap and puck ultimate in 1 skill on 8 second cooldown and a no cooldown no manacost melee shadowraze without cast animation with a free diffusal purge you can use when stunned and his passive is like decay and astral imprisonment combined with a negative agility morph that gives you a free eaglesong after 6 attacks and his ultimate is a free permanent regen and haste rune and invisibility on 'roids. so. fucking. op.

Convinced yet?

Nyx isn't a bad mid, but he won't outfarm most heroes. He is a good support, but difficult to work on a dual-lane because he is melee an his skills cost a lot of mana. He's much better as a support on a trilane where his skills have greater impact and he is generally more resilient than other supports.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-05-17 at 11:25 PM.