10+ Year Old Account

Prot paladin viable with Ret gear?

Greetings fellow champions,

Take a look at my armory which is in my signature and help me answer this question:

If I respecced into protection, would I be able to use most, if not ALL the gear I currently have as it is (I'm both Hit and Expertise capped) to tank with a haste build? I'm currently at 27%~ haste unbuffed and that gets to 40-41% buffed.

Which items should I keep and which ones should I change or replace.

Inb4 mod lock.

Not trying to be rude, but OP this has been covered a LOT already, in many posts/threads in this subforum.

Ret gear = Prot gear. Only thing that differs is the expertise cap goes to 15% (if you choose to, 7.5% is also fine).

For gear specific questions, you should check the threads "Fix My Tanking!" or the Prot sticky at the top of the page. Just search, there is a TON of info on this already that is readily available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Inb4 mod lock.

Not trying to be rude, but OP this has been covered a LOT already, in many posts/threads in this subforum.

Ret gear = Prot gear. Only thing that differs is the expertise cap goes to 15% (if you choose to, 7.5% is also fine).

For gear specific questions, you should check the threads "Fix My Tanking!" or the Prot sticky at the top of the page. Just search, there is a TON of info on this already that is readily available.
    Very much. Copypaste Nairobi. Please use one of the existing threads on the topic, or the sticky above for basic protection questions.