Making gold with engineering

So I was reading through some forums today and someone said a really good way to make gold is to farm mount mats in Ulduar as an engineer. Any chance someone could go into more detail on how to do so? obviously to some it may be an awful way to make gold but I am down to like 5k gold and would like to even be at like 20k so I am just looking for a good way to make gold it doesn't have to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishootboltz View Post
    So I was reading through some forums today and someone said a really good way to make gold is to farm mount mats in Ulduar as an engineer. Any chance someone could go into more detail on how to do so? obviously to some it may be an awful way to make gold but I am down to like 5k gold and would like to even be at like 20k so I am just looking for a good way to make gold it doesn't have to be the best.
    You kill the mechanicals, and engineero-skin the corpses.

Ulduar has two big ones, Flame Leviathan and XT-Deconstructor, that have a chance to drop Mechano-Hog parts. Get enough of them, make a hog, sell it for the typical vendor cost plus markup, and you just made the vendor cost of whatever parts you didn't have to buy. Since the parts to make one hog total 12500g, that can be a bit of a nice deal.

Drop rate on hog parts isn't exactly high, though. Decent, but not high. I'm sure there are other more profitable ways you could spend your time, but soloing bosses can be fun.