Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pffft bunch of dunsparce haters :P

Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Anyone else think that the new games just don't look like pokemon... I am not sure its going to be worth getting a 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by Slizer107 View Post
    Anyone else think that the new games just don't look like pokemon... I am not sure its going to be worth getting a 3DS
    I don't think the overworld gameplay looks very good, I'd much have preferred if they didn't mess around with the camera angles like they seem to do. The battle scenes on the other hand look amazing. I'm not really sure if you can say that it doesn't look like Pokémon though, but it does look more like Digimon World in the overworld view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slizer107 View Post
    Of course it doesn't look like Pokemon. From 2D to 3D is a huge transition. (You'd probably say the same thing if you got gen 4 or 5 right after gen 1) The important thing is that it still feels like Pokemon. And I don't doubt tha it will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Pokemans, anyone besides me ever play the Robopon games on the GameBoy and GB Advance? The presentation in the first game was extremely similar to Pokemon, but the way you could upgrade and customize your characters was more similar to Robotrek on the SNES.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Of course it doesn't look like Pokemon. From 2D to 3D is a huge transition. (You'd probably say the same thing if you got gen 4 or 5 right after gen 1) The important thing is that it still feels like Pokemon. And I don't doubt tha it will.
    That's a good argument. They're also not making as big a leap as Mario or Metroid did which both changed genres when leaping to 3D, if those two franchises can make it to 3D while also feeling like they're still Mario and Metroid of course Pokémon can make a leap to 3D when it doesn't change the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do you guys think since the 3ds games cant be played on emulators that x and y sales might be a bit higher?
    Eeehhhhhhh.... Maybe. Is regular DS emulation possible and working well?? I haven't researched it :s not that I need it but it surprises me they've cracked it already to make really good emulation possible.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Eeehhhhhhh.... Maybe. Is regular DS emulation possible and working well?? I haven't researched it :s not that I need it but it surprises me they've cracked it already to make really good emulation possible.
    x and y require a 3ds to play and since there is no 3ds emulation(as of this point anyways and that I know of) it's either buy one or no pokemon. Regular DS doesn't matter for x or y, but yeah, they have emulators that work fine for regular ds.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

ds emulation is pretty much perfect and has been for a long time, however the 3ds doesnt have any working emulators at the moment so theres no way to pirate 3ds games
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Do people even use emulators for current gen games? I only ever see people using emulators for the super oldschool games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Do people even use emulators for current gen games? I only ever see people using emulators for the super oldschool games.
    Yeah they do. But I really don't like DS emulators. The only time I use one is when I'm playing a Rom Hack or a Randomizer.

The DS roms seem to freeze a lot for me so if you ever plan to play one save often!

Also I wish when you bought a Pokemon cartridge you could link it to an emulator or something. I much prefer playing that way but it stinks not to have any Dreamworld/tradecenter. Here's hoping for gen 7!
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-06-03 at 06:52 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, didn't know that DS emulators had been out for so long. Not like I really needed them, or GBA emulators as my DS Lite still works perfectly, but hey more power to the people. It must be cool to be able to play DS games on your phone though...

In other news, I wonder if we're going to see that chair pokemon from Pikachu on Acid? Now that it's gen 6 and stuff ;D

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, didn't know that DS emulators had been out for so long. Not like I really needed them, or GBA emulators as my DS Lite still works perfectly, but hey more power to the people. It must be cool to be able to play DS games on your phone though...

In other news, I wonder if we're going to see that chair pokemon from Pikachu on Acid? Now that it's gen 6 and stuff ;D
    As cool as it is to have on your phone, I still prefer the feeling of holding a DS :/. On another note, what chair pokemon? O.o

Playing my 3DS kills my hands, I have to take breaks and stretch my fingers like every 10 mins. I guess I have big hands and its really clunky for me to hold? Keyboard is 1000 times more comfortable!

Also just today I noticed that TM's are not a 1 time use anymore and I'm at the Elite Four .
    <certified noob.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-06-04 at 01:23 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

I played Black and White completly blind. I only had a general understanding of what is going on (thanks to images relating) but I never researched anything. It was one of my favourite games ever, just because I also used a rule where the first pokemon on each route I see first, I can use. Anything else I can't.

That is how I leveled my first Crobat, Magnezone and Darmanitan. And to be fair, Darmanitan was my MVP of that run. Flare Blitz plus a +Attack nature means I just rolled on everything. These are pokemon I wouldn't normally raise as well, which makes it fun.

I am planning on doing this with the new pokemon game as well. Hopefully everything runs smoothly and I get a well balanced team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserkills7 View Post
    I played Black and White completly blind. I only had a general understanding of what is going on (thanks to images relating) but I never researched anything. It was one of my favourite games ever, just because I also used a rule where the first pokemon on each route I see first, I can use. Anything else I can't.

That is how I leveled my first Crobat, Magnezone and Darmanitan. And to be fair, Darmanitan was my MVP of that run. Flare Blitz plus a +Attack nature means I just rolled on everything. These are pokemon I wouldn't normally raise as well, which makes it fun.

I am planning on doing this with the new pokemon game as well. Hopefully everything runs smoothly and I get a well balanced team.
    I assume you mean Black and White 2. Because Crobat and Mangezone are kinda impossible to get on Black and White before the Elite 4.

Oops, yes I did mean B/W 2. I also just missed out on catching an Eevee as well in that game. Ahh well.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.