Just out of curiosity, won't the vengeance fall off as soon as you stop sitting/cheesing? I've found that cheesing it only gives me a burst of vengeance that falls of within around 20 secs if I don't keep taking an artificially high amount of damage. My healers get very upset when I try to keep it at that fake high lvl.
    Maybe I'm missing something though.
    Last edited by ElChig; 2013-06-01 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Just out of curiosity, won't the vengeance fall off as soon as you stop sitting/cheesing? I've found that cheesing it only gives me a burst of vengeance that falls of within around 20 secs if I don't keep taking an artificially high amount of damage. My healers get very upset when I try to keep it at that fake high lvl.
    Maybe I'm missing something though.
    You do, but the point is that you just try to get as high vengeance as is possible and safe, not that you try and get it as high as possible
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-06-01 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Just out of curiosity, won't the vengeance fall off as soon as you stop sitting/cheesing?
    Ehh... kinda. See, Vengeance has fast ramp up mechanism where you'll instantly get to half vengeance, and then from there it slowly climbs up to a stable point and experiences a slow decay if your damage intake lowers.
    If you take double damage for a swing, then you'll instantly jump up to your "stable" vengeance. If you continue sitting then you'll climb even higher, and then when you stop it'll slowly decay down to the stable point.

Here's the pretty little graph I made of it in action:
    http://img.ctrlv.in.s3.amazonaws.com...d1e215bc99.jpg

Note that this is just the results of *not* sitting. If you sit for the first swing then you're instantly brought up to the "stable" level, 1333.33 in the chart's example. Over a 1 minute period that single crit nets 20% more average AP, until the slow climb catches up.

(I made a longer post here
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21073647
    Too lazy to copy it over and tweak it for context :P)

so basically all you need to do is sit for 1 hit to reduce the rampup time? ~

Deleted
    Is hc twins solo-tankable for a prot paladin by reseting fan of flames stacks with divine shield and US talent ?

Deleted
    Hello protadins
    I'll be benching my warrior to solo tank iron qon heroic tomorrow.(10man)
    I know its bit of a joke fight but never hurts being prepared :P

At how many stacks do i wanna reset ? 5-6 ?
    Any other tips and tricks i should know about/execute ?
    Thanks!

Edit. We will have a holydin aswell.
    Edit2. I only use sit macros on pull, to maximize cd usage (1 million shieldslam crits is just to sexy to pass on..) but would never risk it midfight when healers arent on full mana and bored.. I do cheese stuff like decapitate. That just feels more predictable, sitting can be 10-60% hp even with minor cd up.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-06-01 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    I usually reset at about 5 stacks, might go further depending on what's going on. First phase is really damage intensive on the raid so I usually reset at 4~5 and use my GoAK too so healers can worry more about the raid. Then I just reset during the Windstorm (so I don't die due to the dot). During 3rd dog you can let it stack to like 7 or so, can't really remember, I just eyeball my BoP/DS cools and go from there. Then I reset again on P4 when the second dog dies and then I only reset one more time during one of the fist smashes.

I never really needed anyone else (I pick clemency ofc) to BoP me but you can always make use of your Holydin's BoPs for extra resets if you're having trouble with incoming damage.

If you do your stuff right you can have your Holydin BoP the raid during Fist Smash and avoid unnecessary deaths.

Also, you can arguably take HoPur (Impale is a dot) and have your Holydin take clemency and help you handle all resets. I'm guessing it'll probably reduce your damage a bit but it shouldn't really be a problem. I don't recall ever wiping due to me dying on progress, tbh.

On Qon I reset once per phase change which ends up being about 6 stacks each time - in case you can't take a warlock portal you may want to reset it a bit earlier in the fire phase so you can get another one right before the windstorm.
    For the last phase you probably shouldn't even have to reset it as long as you pick Hand of Purity. (Don't see any need for Unbreakable Spirit or double HoPr here)

---------- Post added 2013-06-01 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    Is hc twins solo-tankable for a prot paladin by reseting fan of flames stacks with divine shield and US talent ?
    It may be doable with proper cooldown management but you'll really need some big cooldowns for stacks 3-5 to survive the blast.

edit: found another thread.

still would like the cancel macro for bubble tho since im not really a macro person so cant figure out myself
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2013-06-01 at 06:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    so basically all you need to do is sit for 1 hit to reduce the rampup time? ~
    That's the most effective use of it as I see it. Taunt -> sit -> tankswaps are a breeze.
    If you keep sitting it keeps benefiting of course, but not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    edit: found another thread.

still would like the cancel macro for bubble tho since im not really a macro person so cant figure out myself
    /cancelaura Divine Shield

Spark hates me and won't drop
    changed from Lei Shen's final orders to 544 Primordius Talismans of Rage, lost about 350 haste, but proc should make up for it, i hope

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Hello protadins
    I'll be benching my warrior to solo tank iron qon heroic tomorrow.(10man)
    I know its bit of a joke fight but never hurts being prepared :P

At how many stacks do i wanna reset ? 5-6 ?
    Any other tips and tricks i should know about/execute ?
    Thanks!

Edit. We will have a holydin aswell.
    Edit2. I only use sit macros on pull, to maximize cd usage (1 million shieldslam crits is just to sexy to pass on..) but would never risk it midfight when healers arent on full mana and bored.. I do cheese stuff like decapitate. That just feels more predictable, sitting can be 10-60% hp even with minor cd up.
    Take HoPur. It's better than any other talent for that fight as a 1-tank, and will allow you a ton of freedom in managing stacks and boosting vengeance.

HoPur starting at 2 stacks, and use on cooldown from there. Work in [Glyphed] DivProt, AD, then GoAK as needed. I run the first stack up to the Windstorm, usually ~7 stacks. Bubble going into the storm to 1) clear your stacks and 2) avoid damage in the storm. You should kill the wind dog before he casts a 2nd storm. Keep the stack going through the voidzone dog. I clear my stacks (BoP) at ~30-35% on him, so that I'm clear going into the last phase. Grab all dogs, pop HA/wings/lust and go HAM. Should have 2 dogs dead by the first fist smash. Finish off last dog, then BoP and skate to victory.

The Hpal can BoP if you need, but frankly we have ours just throw a BoP on other healers during smashes cause I handle my own stacks. He also takes HoPur and throws it my way on cooldown to help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Take HoPur. It's better than any other talent for that fight as a 1-tank, and will allow you a ton of freedom in managing stacks and boosting vengeance.
    Very nice and detailed, ty
    We we're missing our 2 main healers, so only had 3-4 pulls to see if my gear was enough (510 ilvl), didnt feel like an issue at all

Edit.
    Since im already in here, might aswell ask, and excuse my inexperince, im warrioooor!!! :P
    Lets take horridon, cause thats where its really noticeable for me comparing the 2 classes.

On warrior i'll just make sure to hit sblock before sbar and thus always have a good low-rage barrier for every triple puncture, if i fuckup, ill use a big barrier. Never fails.
    On paladin i find myself either capping HP or dont have enough for sotr and get raped at high stacks.

Question: Is it ever ok to overcap HP ? Should i do a quick double sotr and start banking again ? Do i simply just suck and need to time it better ?
    Cause overcapping rage is a big no no, have a feeling its similar with HP
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-06-04 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    You should (generally) never overcap HP. However it is better to overcap HP and have SotR for when you need it than to randomly spend your HP and do not have enough HP for a SotR when you actually need it.

If planned properly there is never a reason to overcap.

I'm pretty new to paladin tanking, but what I have found to help me make certain I always have holy power for SoTR for big specials like triple puncture, hard stare, etc is to try to stay between 2-5 holy power. For example, I go about my rotation until I hit 5 holy power, then I use SoTR right before my next hopo generator comes off cd even if the big special isn't happening yet because I know I will be back to 3 HoPo in less than a second. Obviously I don't always go up to 5 HoPo, as I always use SoTR right before the special whether I'm at 3, 4, or 5 hopo, but doing it this way means I should never overcap and I should always have hopo when I need it. I don't necessarily play this way for bosses that don't have big abilities though. If this is a bad way of playing, someone please let me know.

That's exactly what you should be doing, Gorfion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    That's exactly what you should be doing, Gorfion
    Yep, and if you find that you have a large "collision" of upcoming generators imminent, you can always 5+1 it and get a 6sec coverage, which will also allow you to get back to 3+ again.

I found myself doing this on RaDen a lot last night, esp with how Fatal Strike works and how it's timing is.....less than reliable. Also, this works very well if you choose DP, as you will often get a proc when you double-ShotR, giving you a 9sec coverage, guaranteeing you have enough time for banking back up.

Then I gave up on tanking him and let our Monk do it, since he just ran his cast-sequence macro and went AFK. Literally. F'ing monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yep, and if you find that you have a large "collision" of upcoming generators imminent, you can always 5+1 it and get a 6sec coverage, which will also allow you to get back to 3+ again.

I found myself doing this on RaDen a lot last night, esp with how Fatal Strike works and how it's timing is.....less than reliable. Also, this works very well if you choose DP, as you will often get a proc when you double-ShotR, giving you a 9sec coverage, guaranteeing you have enough time for banking back up.

Then I gave up on tanking him and let our Monk do it, since he just ran his cast-sequence macro and went AFK. Literally. F'ing monks.
    Buff pallies imo. good to see you're on raden though! gz.

wish my raid team didn't keep dying on tortos normal still xD

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Buff pallies imo. good to see you're on raden though! gz.

wish my raid team didn't keep dying on tortos normal still xD
    My raid team just downed normal tortos this-err, last, now-week, and we've put in a lot of wipes on Megaera...need keep dying at 5th/6th head (not even rampage, just cinders/Acid Rain)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.