Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Rape culture refers to "a social system that has slowly normalised rape and sexual assault through the bombardment of images, language, laws and social attitudes". Source: http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and...030-28hga.html

Feeling you're entitled to just send sexual images to women who don't welcome or want them is part of it, as it then telling off the women in question for daring to object to your sexual behavior towards her.
    Rape is totally considered normal. It's why it's not illegal or anything.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-06-14 at 10:30 AM.

Rape culture refers to "a social system that has slowly normalised rape and sexual assault through the bombardment of images, language, laws and social attitudes". Source: http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and...030-28hga.html

Feeling you're entitled to just send sexual images to women who don't welcome or want them is part of it, as it then telling off the women in question for daring to object to your sexual behavior towards her.
    I can quote google too:

"Rape culture is a concept which links rape and sexual violence to the culture of a society,[1] and in which prevalent attitudes and practices normalize, excuse, tolerate, or even condone rape.

Examples of behaviors commonly associated with rape culture include victim blaming, sexual objectification, and trivializing rape. Rape culture has been used to model behavior within social groups, including prison systems where prison rape is common and conflict areas where war rape is used as psychological warfare. Entire countries have also been alleged to be rape cultures.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture

Sending a Dick pic doesn't fit that criteria... but who cares.

The guys a complete tool. But throwing in "Rape" for attention is just pathetic. How's about we stop calling everything "Rape" so that actual rape victims don't get ignored behind all the "BS" of crying wolf.

Because rape isn't a class x felony right and rapists aren't forever shunned and hated for the rest of their lives in society. Rofl normalization of rape my fucking ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so it should be ok for guys to harass people whenever they want with no accountability ever? I see.

Look if you're dumb enough to send unsolicited naked pics to someone (and then argue with them about why it's their fault that they're offended) you are absolutely asking for it in every possible way.

She did in fact act privately by contacting his mother, but she has every right to comment on her own blog about it. Women aren't obligated to just shut up and put up with this kind of shit. If you want them to treat you nicely and respectfully I would suggest starting with treating them in that way yourself.
    Comment about perpetuate Rape Culture? Right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Because rape isn't a class x felony right and rapists aren't forever shunned and hated for the rest of their lives in society. Rofl normalization of rape my fucking ass.
    How often do you hear people excuse highschool students accused or convicted of rape? Happens pretty frequently. Large aspects of our society trivialize or dismiss rape.

This whole "rape culture" fade needs to die already so annoying.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Regardless of what the woman who got the pic did - if you send a picture of your junk to someone you don't know, don't be fucking shocked when nothing good comes out of it.
    Exactly. If you send strangers dick pics, you deserve to be the internet's laughing stock.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Rape is totally considered normal. It's why it's not illegal or anything.
    Well it's illegal I guess that fixes the rape problem!

How do you count for the abysmal reporting and conviction rates, the enormous numbers of people who experience sexual assault, the constant casual rape jokes at the expense of victims, the constant victim blaming, the constant excuses made for rapists, the language in which it is (by some at least) considered socially acceptable to use to refer to women by, the fact that a huge number of people either don't understand or refuse to respect the idea of a consenting partner - including the guy in this story who in every action made it completely clear that he had absolutely no respect whatsoever for the consent of the woman he was harassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    This whole "rape culture" fade needs to die already so annoying.
    I agree, victim shaming and dismissing raping passed out girls (or guys) because 'they shouldn't have passed out' does need to die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    How often do you hear people excuse highschool students accused or convicted of rape? Happens pretty frequently. Large aspects of our society trivialize or dismiss rape.
    Rape is extremely hard to prove, unless there is evidence of physical violence, so of course many accused are going to walk, both innocent and guilty.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is a fool and she is brainless. They deserve each other.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's illegal I guess that fixes the rape problem!

How do you count for the abysmal reporting and conviction rates, the enormous numbers of people who experience sexual assault, the constant casual rape jokes at the expense of victims, the constant victim blaming, the constant excuses made for rapists, the language in which it is (by some at least) considered socially acceptable to use to refer to women by, the fact that a huge number of people either don't understand or refuse to respect the idea of a consenting partner - including the guy in this story who in every action made it completely clear that he had absolutely no respect whatsoever for the consent of the woman he was harassing.
    respect for consent.....lol

What is a respectful way to ask someone if they want the dick? "Excuse me madame, would like to take a gander at my penis and possibly have me put it inside you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    Rape is extremely hard to prove, unless there is evidence of physical violence, so of course many accused are going to walk, both innocent and guilty.
    Extremely hard to prove....wha?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I have never had any such occurrence happen to me in high school. The only reason rape is trivialized or dismissed is because of the extremely high amount of Women who cry wolf for one reason or another. Accusations like rape permanently damage someone's entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I agree, victim shaming and dismissing raping passed out girls (or guys) because 'they shouldn't have passed out' does need to die.
    No but people using it to make the posts on tumblr look cool needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I can quote google too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_culture

Sending a Dick pic doesn't fit that criteria... but who cares.

The guys a complete tool. But throwing in "Rape" for attention is just pathetic. How's about we stop calling everything "Rape" so that actual rape victims don't get ignored behind all the "BS" of crying wolf.
    Again sending a dick pic without consent and then angrily blaming the person you sent it to for not liking it is part of rape culture because in both cases the person has completely ignored the sexual consent of the other person.

If you want sexy times MAKE SURE IT'S OK FIRST. Not hard. If the other person says no angrily blaming them for their choices about their boundaries and pressuring them is not the way to handle it.

The fact that people think that kind of behaviour is acceptable indicates a cultural attitude towards consent which is highly problematic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Extremely hard to prove....wha?
    Unless there are witnesses or some physical evidence (and I'm not talking about semen), there's not much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    respect for consent.....lol

What is a respectful way to ask someone if they want the dick? "Excuse me madame, would like to take a gander at my penis and possibly have me put it inside you?"
    I've done dick pics before. But it hasn't ever been straight off meeting a person. I mean there is a huge difference between 'is it raining in long island yet' and 'HERES MY DICK'. And then she said 'never contact me again' and he started insulting her. If they were doing dirty messages or something first it is a totally different scenario then what happened here.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    There is a big difference between passing out and becoming intoxicated. The whole she got drunk and he took advantage of him/ her? Complete and utter bullshit. Unless someone is actively spiking their drink they made their own choices to get drunk. The decisions that follow are called mistakes not "rape"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    No but people using it to make the posts on tumblr look cool needs to stop.
    Sending the dick pic wasn't really the rape culture thing. That said, I think its perfectly ok to ridicule this moron for sending a dick pic after exchanging texts about the weather. The rape culture thing was 'I'm too big for you' and 'prude' and other shit like that. It is dismissing the other person's wants and attempting to replace them with your own.