Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Gaming used to be about finding the best way yourself. Now we good a bunch of monkeys who follow a guide for everything and whine if someone else uses his brain to do better.
    And also complain about other players who haven't read the same guides they have and are trying to figure things out by themselves rather than piggybacking off the work of a clever college student with copious spare time and a simulator. That's another topic for another thread, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post

I will be there again today to level, yesterday it was not...
    and was that statement directed towards me? Because I'm not acting all high and might about anything...[COLOR="red"]
    No not at you, but the general consensus of posters here acting like they knew about it and wanted it gone, when really they used the system themselves.
    #boycottchina

I'm with the "this should have been done a LONG time ago" camp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xicoia View Post
    The question is: where the hell I farm more than 2k/hour now? I was pretty happy with my profit since I just discovered this spot 3 days ago and now it's nerfed... Does Blizzard really wants us to think about buying gold?
    honestly, all the bitching people make about this, but when you think about it, this is a better method of making gold and it would have stopped people buying gold from websites. As you say, in blizzard nerfing this, they give more reason for gold selling.

To me, having a level 90, and making a legitimate means of making gold should feel like something we can dedicate ourselves to as reward, and the fact we give up time to do it should be enough. But blizzard decides thats to easy and we need to put more time into it and make it more tedious.

in a time when other mmo's actually tell money to you, this just feels like a draconian method in wow.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I'm with the "this should have been done a LONG time ago" camp
    meaning you knew about it and probably did it as well but try to pretend otherwise.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    No not at you, but the general consensus of posters here acting like they knew about it and wanted it gone, when really they used the system themselves.
    I think it's better for the game if spots like these don't exist. Not because I'm trying to look righteous on a forum, but because it makes the game feel more balanced overall, and it makes the leveling experience less boring, in my opinion. People tend to go down the path of least resistance, and if that means farming one spot for hours on end to level up their alts quicker, that's what a fair amount of people will do. Now, I've done some fairly ridiculous farming sessions in the past (including non-nerfed Insane, bloodsail buccanneers exalted before cataclysm), so even if I would level another alt I wouldn't even consider doing it this way. I only know about this spot because there's a thread every few weeks pointing out how amazing it is.

So, you can assume all you want, but not everyone is out for "street cred" on a forum. Some of us just enjoy the game and like to see it the best it can be.

I had a help from a monk....I was thinking about trying stonecore..is it more effective?
    If your helper is 90 with around ilvl470, you should be able to plow through pretty quickly. Only down side was having to run back since there isn't a shortcut available. With Grim batol dropping a level, I'll probably get to 83, log out until I can get help summoning myself to Grim Batol and then run that to 85.

But even if you stay there, gettting 81-84 should be easy enough with just 1 elixir, doing just stonecore. I've done it on two toons in the past 4 months.

meaning you knew about it and probably did it as well but try to pretend otherwise.
    I'm not sure I follow this logic either. They sell drugs on the corner of 16 and K street in DC..Opps, since I knew about it. I must have sold\bought drugs there too. Though I'm not pretending anything. I farmed that spot for the embersilk. I never paid attention to the gold rate I was making, because I'm not into gold farming. I farmed long enough to get enough silk to make a new alt some bags and I was done. With CRZ, that spot was always crowded and I believe their was a few bots there farming as well. I imagine the bot farming is the bigger reason to nerf it.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-06-14 at 05:20 PM.

Huh?
    What's your point?
    Yeah I did it for like 2 hours back in cataclysm, never used it to level up any characters. Really don't get what your point is though.
    Even back then it was well known and should have been nerfed a long time before.

To this day I still see streams of bots enter botanica so I'm not sure why they don't fix that. Other than because it's called BOTanica, lol.

I think they figured that CRZ would nerf it because there would be more people in less zones and you would get frustrated at all the people farming it and quit.

10+ Year Old Account

also, all you saying how great it is, don't kid yourselves, you obviously used this system otherwise you wouldn't know about it. Don't act all high and mighty.
    what sort of logic is this?
    dragonmaw - EU

honestly, all the bitching people make about this, but when you think about it, this is a better method of making gold and it would have stopped people buying gold from websites. As you say, in blizzard nerfing this, they give more reason for gold selling.

To me, having a level 90, and making a legitimate means of making gold should feel like something we can dedicate ourselves to as reward, and the fact we give up time to do it should be enough. But blizzard decides thats to easy and we need to put more time into it and make it more tedious.

in a time when other mmo's actually tell money to you, this just feels like a draconian method in wow.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 05:37 PM ----------

The answer to Gold selling is not to hand out gold like candy on Halloween. Much like real life if you just keep printing money the inflation goes up so the cost of things goes up and people still buy gold from Gold sellers.

The answer to Gold selling is explaining to stupid lazy people that if you buy gold you are contributing to the hacking of accounts and very likely that if you visit a gold seller website you will end up with an Internet STD that causes you to get hacked by the very people that sold you the gold in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    what was everyone doing with the cloth? i was using it to make embersilk bags and sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    what sort of logic is this?
    I think he is upset that he didn't know about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerlii View Post
    They should've nerfed it a long time ago.
    Agreed. The only people who will complain about this were the ones exploiting it to begin with. The innocent man knows he is innocent, but the guilty man will shout at the top of his lungs trying to convince others that he is the innocent one. Exploits should be nerfed. I have 0 sympathy for you, or anyone else who "just got nerfed" by this exploit fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Gaming used to be about finding the best way yourself. Now we good a bunch of monkeys who follow a guide for everything and whine if someone else uses his brain to do better.
    Oh is that your opinion? Noted. Don't tell other people what gaming was about for them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I had a help from a monk....I was thinking about trying stonecore..is it more effective?
    Has the extra benefit of a rare mount drop.

Deleted
    The nerfed it today man

I loved Verlok Stand. Farming embersilk cloth there paid for much of my mount collection. I will miss that place. May have to drop by it for a moment of silence. I gotta agree that it was way to easy to farm there though.

Not exactly sure why blizzard is opposing the idea of getting gold by killing shit so much in general.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Not exactly sure why blizzard is opposing the idea of getting gold by killing shit.
    Obviously they want you to play the AH which is fucking easy mind you but that's not the point!