Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    I never entered a LFR where everyone and there pets were afk.
    I've entered LFRs where people are AFK. They always end up kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is not legendary. RNG is not dedication. Its luck.

This legendary its the pinacle of them all in terms of dedication. I dont give a shit if you dont like that someone else might have one too, he worked on it. He was dedicated to it. The whole damn xpac. Legendarys should be about dedication and time. Not ''lulz, since im the only rogue on the group this warglaive is a given that is shall be mine ahaha im so legendary!''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosanjos View Post
    its still based on RNG.... you need rune stones and secrets and w/e to drop.... sure you need to win 2 bg's and do some killing out side the raid, but the main part is inside the raid And glaives actually needed ppl to have some skill..... yes it was RNG drop, but you had to kill Illy, so far you can do it all in LFR
    yes and all that mean is that any1 interested will have a chance to get it, not only those in top guilds... I for one won't because I couldn't really give less of a shit and coz I cba to grind rep for wrathion... and comparing rune stone's drop chance to warglaives is silly ... coz u usually get at least one per run if you're terribly unlucky...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yes ... it isn't obtained from some random boss and it's usually crafted(at least lately) and you can't do all the chain by only doing lfr... but yeah keep saying that it requires no effort... if anything this requires 1000 times more effort than warglaives because it doesn't rely on RNG that much and tbh no legendary ever should rely on RNG...
    Agreed. RNG isn't skill even if you have to be good enough to do real raids instead of plowing through faceroll LFR mode... /theshitIputupwithontheseforums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    I've entered LFRs where people are AFK. They always end up kicked.
    so then they can't really get the legendary if they always get kicked now can they ?

Deleted
    its still based on RNG.... you need rune stones and secrets and w/e to drop.... sure you need to win 2 bg's and do some killing out side the raid, but the main part is inside the raid And glaives actually needed ppl to have some skill..... yes it was RNG drop, but you had to kill Illy, so far you can do it all in LFR
    Glaives did not require all people to have some skill. Far far from it. As someone who did BT when it was relevant content, we certainly carried a good number of players. Following the disintegration of that guild, I joined a less progressed guild and the person who ended up with our first glaive was far from stellar. I was also part of a guild that carried one of the worst Holy Priests I have ever seen to a Val'anyr (totally wasted legendary on someone who bitched and whined at the GMs to get what they wanted - and they were pandered to) and completed Shadowmourne for a very very mediocre DK because they had been in the guild for a while. Neither of those were difficult to do and the time commitment was far less compared to what we have done so far in MoP.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    so then they can't really get the legendary if they always get kicked now can they ?
    Which I am fine with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glaives did not require all people to have some skill. Far far from it. As someone who did BT when it was relevant content, we certainly carried a good number of players. Following the disintegration of that guild, I joined a less progressed guild and the person who ended up with our first glaive was far from stellar. I was also part of a guild that carried one of the worst Holy Priests I have ever seen to a Val'anyr (totally wasted legendary on someone who bitched and whined at the GMs to get what they wanted - and they were pandered to) and completed Shadowmourne for a very very mediocre DK because they had been in the guild for a while. Neither of those were difficult to do and the time commitment was far less compared to what we have done so far in MoP.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 03:38 PM ----------

Which I am fine with.
    me too :P got u mixed with carlos for some reason xD(didn't really look at who was posting xD)

Deleted
    Did you actually saw any 1 saying the legendary should be awarded to only 1 class? no

I also don't give a shit that you or player b have it aswell. I give a shit when I see and know players that: dont bother to actually do something during the lfr's/bother to actually play properly and when you try to help them to do better they just keep not giving a shit about it and still getting 'legendarys'.

Now you say: well not every 1 is like that. Yet they still exist and they will keep geting 'legendarys'.

I'm not even saying that you should only be capable of doing it in NM and HC, but something like the warlock green fire should be fine

Deleted
    How about this? The end result is not a weapon but a full freakin' armor set.

Deleted
    hmmmm sounds cool but wouldnt that completly nulify t16? :P

If it's a weapon, there has to be separate tiers for LFR/possibly flex/normal/heroic. They could make three or four (if including flex) separate quests to get a higher ilevel legendary, and the quest would require boss kill achievements. Wrathion's quest required an achievement before (Test of Valor), so this is no technical issue, as far as I can tell.

Killing a single end boss might result too much in guilds selling boss kills to scrubs, similar to the rogue daggers in DS, so perhaps the item follows an upgrade path similar to that, where you can't so easily pay your way to orange. Or you could require a larger set of achievements, like killing all the tier bosses + end boss on the related difficulty. Or instead of achievements, you could attach tags to quest items like "raid finder," "flex," "heroic," with normal being blank, but that could be confusing and annoying, as maybe you end up doing both quests simultaneously, knowing you'll upgrade later. I'm thinking in particular of the bag space and clutter.

I think a ring is a good candidate, as I posted elsewhere. In the past, rings had procs (Band of the Eternal Champion, Ashen Band of Endless Destruction), so with a 5.4 legendary ring, you could have a more legendary proc, plus a sha-touched socket and normal socket. Heck, maybe Wrathion will bundle everything into the cloak itself, giving it a meta socket, a sha socket, an eye of the black prince, a regular socket, and perhaps its own proc. Of course the legendary gem would become unique-equipped, so whether or not 5.4 helms can carry the LMG, you can't equip two at once.

If they went that route or with rings, I'd want not to replace them until at least max level blues in the next expansion. If I take it off in the second zone because of a quest reward, that'll suck. Or they could just disable the cloak when reaching max level I guess. They might have to as the lesser of two evils, the greater being starting the next expac at silly high ilevels for the sole reason of making the legendary obsolete.
    Last edited by Achtalon; 2013-06-18 at 03:39 PM.

I didnt said only the world firsts should have legendarys... but rewarding a player that afk's in LFR day in and day out with the same item that those who actually make an extra effort in getting it, doesnt sound that legendary to me....If you believe the definition of legendary is based on ilvl, well thats your pov. I believe legendary means abit more than that.
    It's very difficult to get the legendary items required by solely running LFR each week; it'd be very unlikely that one would finish the portion of the legendary chain while it's relevant.

You can circumvent the trinket option by creating a proc like what they did with the weapons in DS.

Speaking of never seeing a legendary, I don't like to show my cloak QQ

The entire Legendary situation in MoP has been a let down and sham once you realized everybody is getting one. I was in LFR on my alt the other day and saw a 501 ilvl Mage wearing the cloak doing 50k dps. Assuming that changes into the legendary and it continues to be obtainable thru LFR it's pretty laughable that it's called "Legendary". The real meaning of a legendary weapon is long and gone if this crap is allowed to continue. I think most people in the MoP Beta assumed it would eventually branch off into a quest where you have to choose 1 person in your raid to collect crap (as it should be).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I welcome legendary armor, but I soo wish they would create a legendary Gorehowl now that we are killing Garrosh. It's fame might be less than Frostmourne, but it's on par with the Warglavies of Azzinoth, and this is the perfect time to make a worthy player version of it.
    You can loot a pink Gorehowl from him in SoO.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Are we killing him? Or are we Dethroning/Deshaing him
    We don't know, but there's no way he can attone for his crimes... So probably killing him. Fingers crossed!

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The Burning Legion did create the Scourge, which brought the most powerful Human kingdom to its knees.
    However, when they did so, Lordaeron was not exactly at its height of power, it was suffering from a lack of ressources, recent Scourge attacks, a lack of an army, a lack of allies and support, and a good portion of the civilians had recently died to a mix of Scourge attacks and the plague.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This isn't a legendary problem. This is a guild problem. If you're guild GM will give Valynr to a terrible player, thats his own stupidity. Legendaries were fine how they were and should of never changed. 1 Person per tier (to start with) and should be chosen wisely, who will bring the most use of it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    The entire Legendary situation in MoP has been a let down and sham once you realized everybody is getting one. I was in LFR on my alt the other day and saw a 501 ilvl Mage wearing the cloak doing 50k dps. Assuming that changes into the legendary and it continues to be obtainable thru LFR it's pretty laughable that it's called "Legendary". The real meaning of a legendary weapon is long and gone if this crap is allowed to continue. I think most people in the MoP Beta assumed it would eventually branch off into a quest where you have to choose 1 person in your raid to collect crap (as it should be).
    A: You have no idea of that. B: Everyone is just as entitled to the legendary. C: You don't know whether or not it branches off. D: Not everyone will be getting the legendary, as some people simply cannot be bothered to grind say ToT a billion times to get the Secrets.

The least legendary "Legendary" in the game is the Bow from Sunwell. It doesn't even have a backstory, so even the Warglaives are ahead of it. Again, keep in mind that Legendary does not mean "rare". Nor does "epic", for that matter.
    This isn't a legendary problem. This is a guild problem. If you're guild GM will give Valynr to a terrible player, thats his own stupidity. Legendaries were fine how they were and should of never changed. 1 Person per tier (to start with) and should be chosen wisely, who will bring the most use of it.
    If by "fine" you mean "a huge source of intra-raid trouble and favoritism", then yeah, sure they were. Ultimately, the old system was just asking for trouble, which isn't something to be encouraged.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-06-18 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I welcome legendary armor, but I soo wish they would create a legendary Gorehowl now that we are killing Garrosh. It's fame might be less than Frostmourne, but it's on par with the Warglavies of Azzinoth, and this is the perfect time to make a worthy player version of it.
    A Legendary for only the Horde. I am surprised that the Developers haven't done that already. Its not like they don't crap on the Alliance in the game lore-wise as it is. Might as well go all the way in alienating the greater number (according to RealmPop) of your paying player base.

Of course, a legendary weapon should be taken from the hands of someone truly legendary. Not some upstart psychotic wanna be with daddy issues and hopped up on some Sha drugs. Nothing more than a speed bump on the way to the next expansion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    A Legendary for only the Horde. I am surprised that the Developers haven't done that already. Its not like they don't crap on the Alliance in the game lore-wise as it is. Might as well go all the way in alienating the greater number (according to RealmPop) of your paying player base.

Of course, a legendary weapon should be taken from the hands of someone truly legendary. Not some upstart psychotic wanna be with daddy issues and hopped up on some Sha drugs. Nothing more than a speed bump on the way to the next expansion.
    So, an upstart psychotic wannabe with brother issues is better? Or an upstart psychotic wannabe with a mix of daddy issues, lack of willpower and common sense is that much better? Or just an upstart psychotic dragon for that matter.