Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is the downside to pug dungeons/events/lfr's, whatever. Yeah, sometimes you get jerks with no concept of reasonable expectations, and just as often you get jerks that just show up to things, auto shoot/attack, or flat out afk them as well. It's the price of playing with strangers. We've all had to deal with obnoxious players with giant egos, or (even worse in my opinion) dead weight players who just expect someone else to carry their load so they can get free loot. MOST reasonable players in a 5 man can tell the difference between a useless lump of garbage who wants to be carried, and a new 90 who is making an honest effort. I've never once yelled at someone who's trying, but until Blizzard or someone in the addon community figures out a way to measure effort, mistakes will probably be made, and undeserving people will get yelled at by irrational a-holes, and good players will be forced to carry useless parasites looking for a free ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to be an asshole
    but are you new to wow or something?

This attitude has been around forever
    Not to be an asshole

No it hasn't.

This attitude has been around since the LFG tool came up. Where people just wanna queue as fast as possible, clear the content as fast as possible and just plain out be jerks.
    No one was this rude before LFG. Even as a freshly dinged retribution paladin with all the wrong talent choices, I have never met someone that was rude to me in TBC. But I have met plenty of people who have tried to help me. And likewise I have tried helping other people who needed or asked for help.

Because LFG! Just queue, blame it on the other guy and call it a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Someone gets offended by retards on the Internet and feels compelled to make a thread about it.
    Someone has nothing constructive to say about the current thread and feels compelled to make an asinine comment about it.

Maybe the OP wanted some assurance that the majority of players aren't like that person. Everyone can use a little sympathy from time to time. I'm not saying that you should constantly dole out love and hugs but when someone shares a painful and plausible situation in a public forum at least have the decency to keep quiet if you don't have anything nice to say. That response is the perfect example of the attitude that has made the WoW community so toxic.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    No one was this rude before LFG. Even as a freshly dinged retribution paladin with all the wrong talent choices, I have never met someone that was rude to me in TBC. But I have met plenty of people who have tried to help me. And likewise I have tried helping other people who needed or asked for help.
    People were always rude, but it seems like players began to encounter rude people more frequently after LFG came along simply because they ran dungeons more frequently. I remember one specific guy that I had the misfortune of running with on Thrall shortly before LFG came along, and his behavior was very similar to the one the OP mentioned. What's worse, I remember running a second time with this guy, despite my misgivings, simply because we couldn't find anyone else to come along. If anything LFG should improve players' behavior because the group can now kick problematic players without having to leave the dungeon and spam trade to re-form the group.

Forget them. The internet provides anonymity, and anonymity provides people with an opportunity to be abysmally terrible people. Honestly, a healthy portion of the player base is filled with really good people, but there is also a lot of people that will make you lose faith in humanity. Just ignore them, your life will improve drastically when you don't bother yourself with their opinions.

Screams from the haters got a nice ring too it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Not to be an asshole

This attitude has been around forever
    Are you new to the internet should be a better question...

Deleted
    Just report those jerks and /ignore them. They were twats, arguing with them won't help you and you can't make fools like that see common sense.

Deleted
    You need to get thicker skin.

Healer was probably pissed he couldn't AFK thru it like most geared poeple feel they are entitled to.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Not to be an asshole

No it hasn't.

This attitude has been around since the LFG tool came up. Where people just wanna queue as fast as possible, clear the content as fast as possible and just plain out be jerks.

Because LFG! Just queue, blame it on the other guy and call it a day!
    Wrong wrong wrong wrong. So false. Such a pile of bullshit.

I knew just as many ignorant and asinine people in Vanilla as I do today. This attitude indeed has ALWAYS been around. People like to talk up Vanilla and TBC as times where reputation on your realm was a big deal and frankly the people that talk like this are blowing it WAY out of proportion. Every scumbag I knew in Vanilla still got in to derpy pugs and got their epics. I often question whether or not people like you ever even played before LFG because you seem to have a completely inaccurate recollection of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit I nearly had a ragequit moment when I did Ahune the first time this year on my healer, the DPS was so low that I was almost on top of dmg done, barely beaten by the tank.
    Now I kept my mouth shut and just went with it, but ugh. Going to do it as DPS from now on for sure :P

Quote Originally Posted by LeetHaxor View Post
    I just had a brazilian player ninja the spirit cloak on his mage, and he had a 522 cloak, while my paladin healer has a 458.

Sometimes...

Sells for like 23g i think, that is a reason as good as any for folks to ninja

Been like that for a while. I leveled my Orc Warrior to 90, he is a tank. Once I collected enough gear to enter HC dungeons I queued up. All my gear was for tanking, no pvp gear or anything to boost ilevel.

First dungeon I enter 3 people from same realm and guild calls me out saying that im bad at wow, suck and that im a moron cause of my gear. Therefore this dungeon run(brewery dungeon) would take forever. This was a healer and 2 dps who were all normal/hc geared from Throne of Thunder.

I just told them that it was my first HC and they can leave if its so annoying. They left, 3 new joined and we chainpulled the instance and completed it in no time.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

Deleted
    I love the ones that fuck up, or say something that isn't correct, and rather than do the right thing and admit their mistake they backtrack and dig themselves deeper into a hole. Usually resorts to racism, homophobia, sexism and "OMMG SCRUB L2 RA'DEN".

You get it a lot in PvP too, but that's probably because most PvP'ers are antisocial little twerps.

Message to elitists - nobody thinks you are Mr. McAwesomesauce, they see right through you and see a lonely kid with nothing else better to do.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2013-06-23 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    I've never seen what the OP is describing in my entire life, and I've done thousands upon thousands of random 5 mans at this point.

It's gotten to the point where I just assume that people, like the OP, who complain about how they're being poorly treated for <whatever> have only themselves to blame. He was probably preforming extremely poorly while drawing lots of attention to himself by complaining about something or other and then getting all insulted when he was called on his bullshit.

Or it's a one-time event, in which case - who cares?
    Not to be an arse or anything hey....

If you haven't seen this at all, ever at any point in wow, then you're living in a state of blissful ignorance while playing, cos this attitude is rife and has been since mid wrath at the very least.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Of the 10 Ahune dungeons I did, every single one had at LEAST one DPS doing under 12k. Excuses were "LMAO OOPS WRONG SPEC" or "I'm only lvl 89", etc. Even at 89 I do more than 7k dps on any class; I can understand tempers being high and morale low in the Ahune event since ppl are dealing with the boss submerging over 8 times.

I've done that boss many times yesterday and had to witness really bizarre things. There were in total 3 warlocks and 2 hunter who were incapable of deactivating their pet's taunt (in one group I even had both). But that wasn't the weirdest.

In one group I had a blood dk who thought it was useful to tank in unholy presence and continued to do so after a very brief hint. Than there was a priest who mostly spam the chat window with his trash talk about one hunter, who only did 3k dps. I doubt this was really an issue, because this hunter seem to be in most suitable group for him/her. All dps in this group were really, really low, we got a 6th or 7th wave of adds and the boss took about two times as long as usual. Most annoying in this case: the non stop chatting priest.

If I got such dps I usually only thin "what the... how can they only..." and go on with the dungeon/scenario etc. But those crappy, nagging people are the most annoying ones. Mostly those are suboptimal geared and only pretend to be/think they are on the edge player and know everything/everything better or the only, right way. They advise suicidal tactics or just trash talk other player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    I'm willing to bet you had your pet on assist and he was running into Ahune and being knocked back and taking damage, rather than it being the fault of the tank.
    Is probaly this, Most of the time if you have used anu aoe, you will have hit Ahune at some point, So your pet want to attack him.

But well, i am one of those healers. I do not care if people have low dps. But i seen an pattern, The lower dps they have, The more they stand in the HUGE blue very slow casting aoe. The worst the dps is. The more offen they run into Atune before he have removed his shield, and the more offen they do not leave when he reappear. I have great healer gear, but some times, With just use smotting mist and renewing mist + ofc chi. And i some times have NO mana by the 1-2 diving, since people take so god damn much damge. THAT is why i am one of those idiots in it. Since fact, some people sucks, badly, they keep standing in aoe, and do not have the damge to back up there low dps by takeing so much mana

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares, if someone do care they are free and encouraged to use the ingame report feature.
    Moaning on MMO Champ about rude players in WoW is like moaning at the wind for messing up your hair
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Am i the only one that never sees this kind of thing... ever? I mean I see the occasional guy trolling, and sure, if you attack him he might have a few buddies that will defend him. But you really made it look like they all just immediately jumped on you for no reason, either you're talking bullshit/exaggerating, or you are extremely unlucky.

Honestly, in 6 years I rarely ever see this kind of stuff, and it's usually just one/two guys doing it for the sake of trolling, they're not really serious. Even if i'm gearing up a low geared alt I rarely ever get even a word spoken to me in the dungeon, if someone actually does comment on low dps or w/e I just ignore them, because they're fucking retarded. Had a disc priest the other day in Blackrock Caverns (The 80 one) talking about how all of our dps was shit and that we should L2P as he was doing more than everyone and 'I was only doing 400 dps more than him'. This is probably the only time in like, a year, that i've had someone be a complete douche in an intance. But honestly at the end of the day these kinds of people are probably having a fucking shit time in their life right now, just ignore them, it's possible they have much worse going on than a few people talking shit about them.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2013-06-23 at 09:57 AM.