Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They have been working on them for over a year now. They WILL be a selling point for next expansion mark my word.
    Blizzard has NEVER made you buy the expansion to receive an update to existing content, and they are certainly not going to start with something so pivotal as the player models...
    Last edited by Cakka; 2013-06-25 at 03:36 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If they spent less time making new dailies, we'd have all new models by now. TECHNICALLY, the new models should have come with Cataclysm. They changed the face of Azeroth for the worst and left the same old skins in the game. SO... FIRE some quest designers and HIRE some character designers.
    .... Really? I want new models too, but I'll take more content over ned models any day.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    They're definitely not just reskinning the models (I know, that's not what you're saying). They'll get a new skeleton with many more joints, then new animations making use of the more detailed skeleton. They'll want to increase the polycount on the model to make them look less crude. Then a reskin.
    If they do all of this, it's basically creating a new model and will take quite some time.
    How do you know? (Read: You don't.)
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    But we do, they have already spoken about it.

Another one who needs a breakdown. Fire 90% of the quest design staff and hire 10 more character artists.
    I would rather have a better questing experience and no new models : /

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Because they are new character models?
    Not new character skins.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeleNC View Post
    to be fair, in a post from a Blue a LONG time ago, they said they would work on the Origional Vanilla Models before anything... So far they have...

Deathwing + Varian + Jaina = New Human Models
    Thrall + Gorrosh = New Orc Models
    Vol'jin and/or ToT Trolls = New Troll Models
    Sylvanis = New Undead
    Tyrande + Aspects = New Night Elf Model

And ones that havent been done yet:

Gnomes, Dwarfs and Taurens...

Which can easily be fixed with new Textures for High Tinker Mekkatorque, The Dwarven Council (Mainly Moira because she actually helped Varian), and Baine for 5.4 (tin foil hat)
    If Garrosh is a new model, then the only other NPC on that list that qualifies is Vol'jin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Another one who needs a breakdown. Fire 90% of the quest design staff and hire 10 more character artists.
    That's just idiocy. Content and story > new models, it's that simple. Besides 5.3 didn't add a single Daily, so take that non-existant logic elsewhere.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If Garrosh is a new model, then the only other NPC on that list that qualifies is Vol'jin.
    And why is that? Jaina looks great... Tyrande looks even better... Please, enlighten me on your Judgement about what is good and what isn't. I am seeing effort on Blizzards part, to me that shouldn't be nit-picked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Look, we get it. You think you're hardcore because you're parroting the "Dailies suck!!!" chant even though Dailies stopped being needed for endgame gear over four months ago. Just move on to another thread to bemoan something that's no longer relevant to what you're pretending to be.
    I'm not "pretending" to be anything. I am stating that since there is no originality in questing, it would be a small undertaking to reduce the quest creation team and increase the art department, even if it was just for 90 days. OR, they could actually open that big ole wallet of theirs and hire an extra art design team for 90-180 days to make the new models. Don't just assume my disdain for dailies and my long time want of new character models are mutually exclusive. Unlike some, I can balance my dislike for the way they've handled things so far quite well.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Really? I want new models too, but I'll take more content over ned models any day.
    You, and the other content junkies are why this game looks old and rundown. If they laid off the content for awhile, upgraded their coding and their engines, and relaunched, they would be more popular than ever. But instead, they listen to the players who tell them to just turn out more stuff and not to worry about the old stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just idiocy. Content and story > new models, it's that simple. Besides 5.3 didn't add a single Daily, so take that non-existant logic elsewhere.
    I agree with this comment...

For people asking about Daily quests, and NEW quests... they already did that.. it's called Cataclysm, and it sucked! So lets get out of the past and move on to new things!

This game was COMPLETELY DESIGNED AROUND LORE! and never about pretty pixels. For that group of people who keep crying over how 'outdated' their character looks or how other games like Guild Wars and Rift give you so much more control over your character. So you pay $15 a month for no Lore or anything but to play dress up with Pixels? That's like buying a ton of books just to fill up a wall so it looks pretty!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not just 5.3. It was 4.x+ and 5.x+. We should have gotten new models during or just after Cata. We've been strung along since the announcement in 2011 about new models. If they don't wanna give us the new models, they just need to have the balls to say it. Making a statement and not backing it up makes them sound less like an entertainment corporation and more like the Obama administration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it just dawned upon me. Blizzard has promised us things before in the past...

Concerned Idiot: "ZOMG! They Copyrighted Mists of Pandaria, i am going to NERDRAGE if I have to play Pandas!"
    Blizzard: (paraphrazing) The Mists of Pandaria is not the new Expansion

...fast-forward 6 months later...

Blizzard: Sup guys! Pandas!

Oh yeah... and who could forget!

WRATH OF THE LICH KING... ZOMG!... NEW DANCES!

Blizzard: Lawl!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pandaren were a completely new model. The remakes are adjustments to existing models. I suspect it'd be faster.
    Wrong. They're full remodels, and Blizz has explicitly said as much.

Didn't know I had to break it down into small and simple terms. Your comment proves otherwise.

Reduce the quest design staff. Increase the character design staff. Money balances out and we get better designs. The writing is already shabby, so no big loss there.
    Which only proves your ignorance. Money isn't an issue, finding sufficiently competent artists is. Reducing the quest staff does absolutely nothing for art.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet they'll announce them at Blizzcon

It's not just 5.3. It was 4.x+ and 5.x+. We should have gotten new models during or just after Cata. We've been strung along since the announcement in 2011 about new models. If they don't wanna give us the new models, they just need to have the balls to say it. Making a statement and not backing it up makes them sound less like an entertainment corporation and more like the Obama administration.
    Here's why your 'argument' is irrelevent and you need to stop:
    You are claiming that Blizzard should just 'open their wallet' and hire more artists, and fire all their quest designers while they're at it. First off, the second part of that statement is irrelevant. Blizzard's budget is fine, they don't have to fire some of their developers to hire more, so no, your much-malilgned dailies are not responsible for new character models taking a while to get made. They aren't even remotely responsible.

Secondly, Blizzard is totally god damn hiring character artists right now.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...egion=Americas
    So stop. Just stop.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It HAS to come with next expac. Like said, it'd be a great selling point for the next expansion. I'm hoping for this and possibly the item squish.
    If you think about it they already have the troll and orc models done, i.e. Vol'Jin and Garrosh. And they're mostly likely making some progress on the other races. They said the Pandaren model took months, but they've been working on this for a few years now.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    16k + threads talking about new character models
    42k + threads talking about new quests

1/3 of the player base has been asking about new models since they were mentioned. However, of the new quest threads, the majority I've seen were people asking about them, not for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they did say they would push out the models separately and not all at once, so we could see an updated model or two before the expansion comes around.