Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But please, tell us more about how SW suffered such injustice by having it's Park District destroyed.
    But please, tell us more about how Org had any of those things reflected in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Notice how Theramore, Southshore, Hillsbrad farms, Gileans, Silverwing refuge, and the park district in stormwind -aren't- still fine when you go there?
    That's the point.
    So you want a small content patch, that didn't even have a raid, to completely redo the keystone city of a previous expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ephinia View Post
    But please, tell us more about how Org had any of those things happen to it in-game.
    Night Elves invading from Azshara happens in game.
    Tiragarde Keep is in game.
    SoO is in game.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It doesn't really matter what they do with the end of the game someone is going to bitch about it.

Lore wise: MoP taught Varien that there has to be balance, a strong horde means a strong alliance. Togeather they will be powerful enough to beat the demons.
    Practical wise: You can't spend a lot of resources re-vamping old areas or you get cataclysm complaints. Much like WWII America invested a lot of resources in rebuilding Japan and upholding its military leaders because they knew that if you make life terrible for the japaneise then the war would continue another day with an impassioned people angry at their treatment. The bad treatment of Germans after WWI gave Hitlet the influence he needed to bring his Nazi vision to life. History is about learning from ones mistakes, and crushing the horde and taking away its lands would only ensure a future war. Defeat them but leave them with their honor and a chance at a hopeful future.

Blizzard really can't satisfy everyone so they are not going to try. You can go along with the story or you can spend your time bitching about it. The biggest problem with the fan base is that many of them are not capable of dealing with change of any kind.
    if it was the other way around, then blizzard would spend all their resources and revamp maps because blizzard is horde bias...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Granyala;21787456]Did you honestly expect them to revamp old zones AGAIN?/quote]

A very good reason why this story should never have been used.

We did gain something. We exchanged a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator with a proper King worth respecting... and gained a "whackjob soon to be raidboss" Archmage on the side.
    An Archmage who was always Alliance and a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator King who just ensured he cares more for the Horde than his own people and his own allies.

You guys got a great deal.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Polyhymnia View Post
    These posts are getting really obnoxious... just deal with what you're given.. if I was Alliance i seriously wouldn't care since I'm still standing strong and had better bonds with my leaders than Garrosh did.
    People need to get over this "Oh god we don't get no fist pump moment wtf is this shit? That was the last straw for me"
    but i bet, if it was the horde invading stormwind, blizzard would spend all its resources and giving the horde a fist pump easily...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    The fact this thread is still going shows that the Alliance player base is deeply in need of counseling for it's victim complex.
    You seem to imply the Horde player are different. We are. We're worse.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    An Archmage who was always Alliance and a "raawr human smash!" Gladiator King who just ensured he cares more for the Horde than his own people and his own allies.

You guys got a great deal.
    Would sure be good for his people to continue a bloody war after a more moderate and sympathetic group takes over the Horde...

So you want a small content patch, that didn't even have a raid, to completely redo the keystone city of a previous expansion?
    Sure. Although it couldn't certainly be attached to other things to make a full content patch.

Since the Alliance gets written into lore patches like 5.3 with zero effort (looking at you mechanical cat scouting and three SI:7 agents arbitrarily deciding to work with the rebellion). I don't think it would be unreasonable for Dev time to be spent fixing the Alliance's main city, or throwing NPCs and /trade into the already completely build city of Gilneas. Or making Dalaran an Alliance only city, with portals, vendors and profession trainers for Horde in the ruins below the city.

Or did you mean Theramore?
    I'm fine with Theramore staying the way it is. It was destroyed, and so it should stay destroyed. But there are other places that should be altered to reflect their current status.

SoO is in game.
    Sort of true.
    Except the Night Elf "invasion", is actually Night Elves trying to push the Horde offensive, not trying to attack the city with a bunch of rogues. It is stopped by a single player, and then all of Azshara is taken for the Horde, which is reflected in game as well.
    It's a pretty massive stretch to consider Tiragarde an "attack on Orgrimmar"
    Siege is hardly an attack, when the Alliance is basically working for the Horde, supporting the Horde, and then leaves the Horde to recup after it's retaken the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    The fact this thread is still going shows that the Alliance player base is deeply in need of counseling for it's victim complex.
    Have you not see Traask whine about the orcish internment as if the human forces were Nazis instead of people arresting murderous invaders?
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-07-17 at 11:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    A great end to 2 horde centric expansions
    A Horde centric expansion? The Alliance raiding the Horde capital city and defeating their leader within a Horde centric expansion? Are you out of your mind?

If the Horde had conquered Stormwind and left the population alone you would also call it a Horde centric expansion I bet.
    You aren't satisfied until the Horde is completely gone from the world, are you? Well, I have to give you a little hint, it's never going to happen.

The core of the game is Horde vs Alliance, there can NEVER be a true winner. So stop hoping for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would sure be good for his people to continue a bloody war after a more moderate and sympathetic group takes over the Horde...
    Would sure be good for his people to literally let the Horde off scott-free and walk out of the city with nothing to show for it but Alliance corpses.

SoO is in game.
    Not to mention all of these things listed end with Horde victory. Go figure.
    Last edited by Ephinia; 2013-07-17 at 11:22 PM.

SoO is in game.[/QUOTE]
    still didnt change the aspect of ogrimmar

Deleted
    Tiragarde Keep were just ruins in vanilla WoW that were completely stripped of all remaining survivors by newbie players. So it lost any importance it might've had almost 10 years ago.

It doesn't hold any sort of value in MoP whatsoever. Or was there some sort of ridiculously stupid retcon I missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    The new horde went to war with alliance at there side. They aren't going to keep fighting a war when there isn't one. Alliance becomes hordes allies. The war is over.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Sure. Although it couldn't certainly be attached to other things to make a full content patch.

Since the Alliance gets written into lore patches like 5.3 with zero effort (looking at you mechanical cat scouting and three SI:7 agents arbitrarily deciding to work with the rebellion). I don't think it would be unreasonable for Dev time to be spent fixing the Alliance's main city, or throwing NPCs and /trade into the already completely build city of Gilneas. Or making Dalaran an Alliance only city, with portals, vendors and profession trainers for Horde in the ruins below the city.
    You realize Dalaran isn't in Northrend anymore right? They would have to completely remove that version with the post 5.1 questline phasing. Which is stupid and a complete waste of resource because the rest of that zone/continent is stuck in a time bubble from years ago when Arthas was still the LK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ephinia View Post
    Would sure be good for his people to literally let the Horde off scott-free and walk out of the city with nothing to show for it but Alliance corpses.
    Yes, lets punish the people who helped kill Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Tiragarde Keep were just ruins in vanilla WoW that were completely stripped of all remaining survivors by newbie players. So it lost any importance it might've had almost 10 years ago.

It doesn't hold any sort of value in MoP whatsoever. Or was there some sort of ridiculously stupid retcon I missed?
    It was taken over by Northwatch soldiers. I don't hear anyone crying about why wasn't it phased out of the game after Northwatch and Theramore were destroyed.

Taking back the land they've been fighting over seems fair (Like Ashenvale). Especially the gains made under Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Taking back the land they've been fighting over seems fair (Like Ashenvale). Especially the gains made under Garrosh.
    Or both the alliance and horde can both live there in peace and start trading between each other again. The horde still needs land there or be able to trade with the night elves or there people will go back to starving. The only reason hellscream invaded Ashenvale was to stop his people from staving to death. His invasion there was justified because it was that or have his people starve to death. And it was all started because the night elves refused to trade with the orcs.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-17 at 11:33 PM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    To keep his people from starving to death.

You realize Dalaran isn't in Northrend anymore right? They would have to completely remove that version with the post 5.1 questline phasing. Which is stupid and a complete waste of resource because the rest of that zone/continent is stuck in a time bubble from years ago when Arthas was still the LK.
    I don't see how it's any less stupid nor any less of a resource waste to go to the trouble of turning Theramore into a crater, or Gilneas into a ghost town.

Oh I have no doubt that we won't; just as I have no doubt the Horde will no longer be able to do any wrong. It will always be some splinter group consisting of "Big, bad X and his/her band of loyal followers", rather than the actual Horde and the responsibilities that would entail.

why do people get so pissed off over FICTIONAL land ownership....
    look if they were to give things back they would have to redo zones, which means they would have less time and resources to work on new content like the next xpack.
    so tell me...
    do you want the old world you will never visit more then maybe a few hours while leveling an alt changed, and a lame xpack and longer stuck in MoP?
    or do you want NEW content, a good next xpack, and a swift release of said xpack?

Quote Originally Posted by MathAddict View Post
    Ah yes, I am sorry. The alliance has never done anything bad ever in the game, EVER! If you agree with than, please don't bother to read the next part.

The horde has blood on it's hands and so does the alliance. Garrosh is a psycho path, yet you want the horde to have it's collective hand slapped and it's evil leader removed? When does the alliance pay for crimes against orcs, forsaken, and tauren? Not to mention other transgressions like kid napping thrall when he was trying to help azeroth?
    There's no part where I say alliance has never done anything wrong, but since you mention it while in taurajo many civillians were allowed to scape in Hillsbrad the whole town was masacred by the forsaken, and didn't Thrall wiped the entire fleet that captured him as soon as he was released by the goblins?

You're forgetting all what the horde did in cataclysm pre Garrosh insanity, wich again was not all on him
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?