Poll: On what grounds would you support Item Level Squish?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Such a minor issue. Don't care one way or the other tbh, except of course that it'd be good if it doesn't affect soloing old instances but beyond that I have no issues with numbers, big or small so...squish or no squish, it's all good. There are more significant issues one can put effort into if so desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Yes, itemlevel inflation is getting more and more ridiculous.

They already said that IF they would do it it would not impact our ability to solo old content.
    Actually they said when they'll do it, not if.

Absolutely not. You level and raid and get gear to be stronger.

They are not scaling EVERYTHING down evenly though.
    have they said they are not going to scale it evenly ? As far as I can tell its just a thought that has been going around for the last few xpacs. And I don't mind the big numbers I simply just don't care enough to rage at something simply because I am scared blizz won't scale everything right. I would at least wait until they confirm it before everyone freaks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraclito View Post
    I was against it before Ghostcrawler said "If player enters old instance, then buff all their stats.", now I'm totally for it.
    The solution Ghostcrawler mentioned isn't the only solution either. His just covers an instance scenario, but there are even ways to apply it across the board while still having an item squish with less exponential growth.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    lol No, he did not.

Deleted
    No, they didn't.

Actually they said when they'll do it. not if.
    Pretty sure it was a translation and it said "might/will". They are prob going to do it though.

seems like ppl these days aren't able to count above 10 anymore thats why we need an item squish /facepalm
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Trobgoblin View Post
    have they said they are not going to scale it evenly ? As far as I can tell its just a thought that has been going around for the last few xpacs. And I don't mind the big numbers I simply just don't care enough to rage at something simply because I am scared blizz won't scale everything right. I would at least wait until they confirm it before everyone freaks out.
    If you search deep enough in this site, months months ago you will come across where this item squishing debate originated from, and the blue post was quoted and did mention that current content aka CATA at the time would be scaled down, but would not have their difficulty effected while WOTLK will be slightly more difficult IF there was no additional buff/nerfs to compensate for it, classic or BC will much more largely effected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    If you search deep enough in this site, months months ago you will come across where this item squishing debate originated from, and the blue post was quoted and did mention that current content aka CATA at the time would be scaled down, but would not have their difficulty effected while WOTLK will be slightly more difficult IF there was no additional buff/nerfs to compensate for it, classic or BC will much more largely effected.
    If you look at the front page, you will see GC said it would not affect our ability to solo old content. So a few years old post isn't that great of a source anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-07-31 at 02:06 PM.

I could honestly care less if they item squish or not because its still going to be the same just the numbers will be lower. There will probably be a lot of complaining (crazy right?) from people who one day they're doing 400k+ dps burst then they log on the next day and then they're doing say 20-50k depends on how much they item squish which I can understand because your toon is supposed to progress and grow stronger not get "nerfed" in stats. The numbers are kind of getting a little bit too high though, idk I could care less what they do.

Nay, its only numbers. The bigger numbers the better, in my opinion.

Even if that is what he said, they also said we would have a dance studio. They also said they would never allow PvE players to transfer to PvP servers because leveling on the servers was significantly different and it would give PvE players an advantage. Over the years they have said a lot of things that didn't turn out to be true. With this who knows, but one thing for sure just because they say it doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Absolutely not. You level and raid and get gear to be stronger.
    Plus Mega Damage ALWAYS looked so much fun for me...

Before Item Squish: 2 shot a mob
    After Item Squish: 2 shot a mob

Nothing wrong with an item squish. I could care less either way. I don't drool over big numbers and it doesn't make me feel all tingly inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Plus Mega Damage ALWAYS looked so much fun for me...
    I do find looking at 40,302k mind blast hit to be fun in the future if our computers can handle these numbers.

I find a Bloodthirst crit for 200k to be more satisfying than a Bloodthirst crit for "12 MEGA DAMAGE!!!11111" myself, but I honestly don't care as long as the end result (me smash Orc, Orc die) is the same.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-31 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trobgoblin View Post
    I don't understand how people think this is going to make soloing content harder all it is going to do is make the numbers less huge....
    Because it will, assuming no further adjustments.

The reason we're able to solo old content is that our stats are massively greater than they were back in the day. Spells designed to be deadly against players that have 10k health aren't very dangerous to those that have 500k. If you do 100k dps, you can do the job of 25 people each doing 2k dps with no problem by yourself.

This works because numbers don't scale linearly between expansions - a single level 90 character in high-level gear is at least as powerful as 10 level 85 characters, or 100 level 80 characters, and level 80/85 content is still balanced for 10/25 level 80/85 characters, thus, you're able to solo it.

After the squish, a level 90 character may be as powerful as 2, or even 5 level 85 characters -- but level 85 content is still balanced for 10 or 25 level 85 characters, so you now need a group to complete it.

There are, of course, ways around that (for example, changing the damage formulas such that you do increased damage to and take reduced damage from NPCs from expansions below your level), but soloing content WILL, in some way, change. If they can make it work, great, but it's a valid concern to bring up.