Poll: Do you want the Blood Elf male to look like the image in post #1 after model update?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hes a High Elf, which is more or less identical to a Blood Elf, both of these races evolved from Night Elves and are very similar to them
    Actually, he's a fucking giant-ass existentialist time-travelling dragon that happens to play dress up as an elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the OP missed where Nozdormu's humanoid model uses the night elf base and skeleton with unique textures and ears.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    The original BE male from Beta was perfect! They were slightly bigger that the females, and the best character model WOW has seen.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I like how the OP missed where Nozdormu's humanoid model uses the night elf base and skeleton with unique textures and ears.
    I said that their back could be a little more straight, like the Nozdormu or Night Elf, doesn't matter.
    I never want them to copy\pasta. Just straight the back up bit, some changes need to be done.

Why? because I'm bored and because why the F not? xDDDDD

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Nozdormu used a modified night elf male skeleton & animation. This would be the reason for the different in stances and arching of their backs.

edit: Should have read the entire thread, trolo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    Regarding the "may be" model update for Blood Elf male
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    And this is how I would want my Blood Elf male to look like.
    Ehmh, what?

Deleted
    the first image is a recolored night elf model, hell no i don't want my belf to look like skinny monkeys as the night elves, no thx, i'd stay with the current model with updated textures or of they revamp even the model i still hope it will be proportioned and not like the nelfs, the uglyiance has a record in term of ugly races, just let em preserve that record for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the first picture which is actually a big problem is that they look and move just like Night Elves. Unless you meant just the skin. I like Blood Elves the way they are now so just leave them. Don't fix what isn't broken.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in alpha they actually stood straight not abit back and walked properly however people QQ'ed and appearantly blizzard changed them to the gay model they are now. But I do prefer them straight up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I think they should look the way they do. I know manly men are cool, but we have many races with manly guys. variety is something positive.
    I agree.

I don't care if they have a 90 degree back or a 1 degree back, as long as they stay slim.

Although their ovular arms could be tweaked a tad bit.
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-08-03 at 02:50 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their posture is a bit odd, the way the chest is up by their chins and is always crooked. Would be interesting to see how any updated models will look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that Nozdormu model is just a re-skinned Nelf.

I think orcs needs to straighten up before blood elves, duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well well ... So we have distinct aspects for represent the same race? Interesting ...

I am in favor of let the blood elves as currently they are represented ... after all, some of their "racial" characteristics are: being mannered, very muscled, having an ambiguous sexual behavior, extravagant marked postures, effeminate dancing, reddish skin color, etc ... In short, that means being a Blood Elf.

However, it is true that there might be another way to represent the elves ... being thinner, more stylized, with more formal postures, lighter skin tone, different body structure (as well demonstrated Hipnos14 in this thread here and here), ultimately, being more "straight" in every sense, such as the humanoid form of Nozdormu:

But what the hell? Hear his voice! If that's a High Elf!!, not a Blood Elf! (In reality it is simply a blood elf with the postures and animations of a night elf, but still you can see that the differences are abysmal ... and just changing the postures and animations, incredible ...)

So it was true ... the High Elves could well have different models of those of the Blood Elves, in fact they could be a new independent race, with different postures and animations, different racial characteristics, new voices, etc etc ...

For the High Elves as a new playable race for the Alliance! It is entirely possible and feasible! Finally people will be able to play with a real High Elf in the Alliance!

For the Quel'dorei! For Alleria Windrunner, the liberator of the remaining High Elves!
    Glory to the Alliance!
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-12 at 12:09 PM.

If we assume that many, if not all, of the races that are included in either faction will be added someday (which means High Elves for Alliance, Ogres/Taunka for Horde, etc.) then it would actually make more sense in the Blood Elves remained lithe and weak-looking -- especially when considering many/most of the elves who opted to siphon energy from living things were already living lofty lives as magi prior to the Third War.

The majority of those who wouldn't drain energy and remained High Elves, who had the least amount of magical addiction, were the battle-hardened warriors/rouges/hunters/rangers and it'd make sense to portray them as the physically menacing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Well well ... So we have distinct aspects for represent the same race? Interesting ...

I am in favor of let the blood elves as currently they are represented ... after all, some of their "racial" characteristics are: being mannered, very muscled, having an ambiguous sexual behavior, extravagant marked postures, effeminate dancing, reddish skin color, etc ... In short, that means being a Blood Elf.

However, it is true that there might be another way to represent the elves ... being thinner, more stylized, with more formal postures, lighter skin tone, different body structure (as well demonstrated Hipnos14 in this thread), ultimately, being more "straight" in every sense, such as this:

But what the hell? If that's a High Elf!!, not a Blood Elf! (In reality it is simply a blood elf with the postures and animations of a night elf, but still you can see that the differences are abysmal ... and just changing the postures and animations, incredible ...)

So it was true ... the High Elves could well have different models of those of the Blood Elves, in fact they could be a new independent race, with different postures and animations, different racial characteristics, new voices, etc etc ...

For the High Elves as a new playable race for the Alliance! It is entirely possible and feasible! Finally people will be able to play with a real High Elf in the Alliance!

For the Quel'dorei! For Alleria Windrunner, the liberator of the remaining High Elves!
    Glory to the Alliance!
    My god dude, do you have the bring the high elves into EVERYTHING elven??? Leave it alone, they're too similar to blood elves to be a new race honestly, ask anybody else who role-plays (trust me, I've played devil's advocate for it before, the only real difference is blood elves are fel-tainted, and even that difference may bechanging as the Sunwell they both draw power on is now Holy/Arcane, meaning they're in all likelihood going to be one race with 2 factions soon).

Moreover, that's a night elf skelton Nozdormu uses. The entire Bronze Dragonflight uses that colour scheme. It's not Blizzard hinting at playable High Elves, it''s them using the same colour scheme they've used for every other Bronze dragon and putting it on a unique model for a major lore character. /rant

Edit: Seriously. That was harsh but... You see connections where there are none. It's highly, highly unlikely we will ever see playable high elves anytime soon. They're too small of a population to draw from and too similar to an already playable race.