Poll: Would it upset you if LFR went away?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok, seriously getting sick of these threads. Will someone from the anti lfr side please tell me you get the fact that removing lfr is not suddenly going to increase your recruitment, as the players in it are ones who almost never have and never will join a raiding guild in any case. flex raiding will be nice, but it's not going to seriously diminish lfr, and if it did I would have to imagine those complaining about lfr would suddenly and totally unexpectedly transfer their hatred to flex instead. I remember all this same hatred about heroic dungeons that dropped epic loot higher than the last raid tiers.

Also to the ones claiming that they unsubscribed because of lfr, if a feature that in no way affects you is keeping you out of the game because of its existence alone, that is as far as I'm concerned just another benefit of having it around.
    We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

LFR and LFD are great for people who don't like MMORPGs and see player interaction as an "inconvenience."

They really don't know how LFD and LFD affected the game, it's sad but I guess even when subs are down they'll find some other bullshit excuse instead of owning up to the great possibility that "accessibility," and all that implies, ruined the atmosphere for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    LFR and LFD are great for people who don't like MMORPGs and see player interaction as an "inconvenience."

They really don't know how LFD and LFD affected the game, it's sad but I guess even when subs are down they'll find some other bullshit excuse instead of owning up to the great possibility that "accessibility," and all that implies, ruined the atmosphere for WoW.
    Player interaction? You really want us to present you player interaction before LFD/LFR? You cant be serious.
    Did you forget about "x gearscore or gtfo"? "x achiev or gtfo"? "lol nub, you could have +1 intelect if you gemmed differently.GTFO, bastard, we could of wipe cos of you"?

Shall I move on? You want that back? I dont, for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Player interaction? You really want us to present you player interaction before LFD/LFR? You cant be serious.
    Did you forget about "x gearscore or gtfo"? "x achiev or gtfo"? "lol nub, you could have +1 intelect if you gemmed differently.GTFO, bastard, we could of wipe cos of you"?

There was a time before achievements and ilvls you know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Yea lets remove those as well ^^

But i really dont see the point in this whats to gain from removing LFR more sub losses mby?

I would mind because I dont want to make friends.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    And that time was BC where you had Gearscore.

Today, we have Blizzard-made achievements and ilvls.

Back then we had player-made Gearscore and "warlock, affliction-spec, 1k spellpower, geared in T5/badges, hitcapped lf ZA bear run; exp 6/6".

Sure, its called TBC expansion. Noone raided outside guilds and fixed schedule (I stand myself corrected - not noone, very few pugged)

Sure, its called TBC expansion. Noone raided outside guilds and fixed schedule (I stand myself corrected - not noone, very few pugged)
    No one did at the beginning. At the end I cleared most of t5, and t4 content with pugs on our alts. Also the 10 mans in TBC were great for pugs. But I guess I was among the few.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bathe in the tears of LFR haters daily... keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Natova View Post
    Well one of the biggest differences is human interaction (for me). In wow you sit alone behind you pc and are connected via the inet one skype, ts or vent (or whatever).
    I used to do archery are physicaly interacting with people you get to look them in the eye talking is alot easyer. Give someone a pat on the back when they do something good. Share a few drinks in each others compagny (sp?). Well i gues you know what differences i am talking about between virtual and real.

Also if i did not feel like going to practise, i simply stayed at home we don't have matches every week. So it felt perfectly relaxed to do for me. It was not 3 to 4 night a week 4 hours a night, it was maximum 3 times a week for mostly 2 hours.
    I understand the difference between virtual and real, but that's about the personnal relationship with others, not about the organization inherent for a team-based activity.

Also, there was countless guilds with more relaxed raiding schedule, so again it's a false reason to validate LFR. LFR is simply removing the team in a team-based activity - in other words, it's about making the activity itself void and pointless. This alone prove it's a bogus system that has no place in a MMO.
    Who told you that? thats certainly is not true.
    I pay my gym time and I come when ever I want. Sometimes I go early in the morning, sometimes late at night after work, sometimes I dont go for whole week or even month.
    Thats certainly not what can you do in raiding guild. No half-serious raid guild would take me. I certainly wouldnt apply to them either if I know I cant follow their schedule and screw someone elses raid spot.
    Going to the gym is not a team-based social activity. Raiding is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    You need to realize that because some people don't want to dedicate a specific timeframe to a game, doesn't mean they're unwilling to dedicate a specific timeframe to some other activity.
    That's completely unrelated to what I said.
    I'm pointing at the hypocrisy of people who say it's unhealthy/madness/being a basement-dwelling no-life to manage your time so you have fixed hours dedicated to a social hobby, while they find it acceptable when it's another social hobby - including what they are probably doing on the side themselves.
    And yes, that is the definition of hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I can't believe how dense the anti-LFR crowd is; it's embarrassing. It's NOT about the difficulty, it's about being able to do it whenever you want to. I guarantee you, the scheduling and guild requirements are by far the biggest things that keep most people from raiding. It's got nothing to do with being good or bad, or anything else. It's about being able to get online when you want, and do what you want while you're online. Just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER genre in gaming. And for those of you who don't like LFR, don't do it and quit complaining that other people besides you and your fellow old school raiders can enjoy the game. Really, it's not that hard of a concept.
    Here, you're the perfect example of the idiotic reasoning I was pointing in my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Exactly.
    You wonder WTF these people are doing in a MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

All this happened only after WotLK made raids and 5-men a joke.
    The "fun" counter-productive fact about making the game shallow and faceroll in order to increase its accessibility, is that as it promote lazyness and make everything spoonfed, the requirements inflate with the ilvl easily obtainable. Because you know you don't need someone able to play, you can just throw ilvl at the boss and he'll die.

I never even saw ilvl-based LFG calls in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    And that time was BC where you had Gearscore.

Today, we have Blizzard-made achievements and ilvls.

Back then we had player-made Gearscore and "warlock, affliction-spec, 1k spellpower, geared in T5/badges, hitcapped lf ZA bear run; exp 6/6".
    You proved your ignorance there See paragraph above.
    Thanks for destroying your credibility.
    Last edited by Akka; 2013-08-07 at 03:12 PM.

No, LFR does serve a purpose and would affect those who do not have time to raid under schedule.

But I'd prefer if they limited the que to the server instead of Battle Group.

No, I remember raid leaders pugging for experienced players. I didn't blame them then, I don't blame them now.
    You have to see it from their point of view that they don't want to carry players.

But that was just the few people in trade doing that.
    The idea was and should always be "guild up or shut up."

Obviously there were douche bag raid leaders but don't let the actions of the few influence your perception of the rest.

Player interaction isn't always good but the important distinction is that it allows for some amazing experience as well as some atrocious ones.

If you regulate everything to the point where computers are playing for you instead of other players, you eliminate any possibility of negative behavior and consequently, positive behavior.

The former (Player to player) is far more interesting in a game environment than playing (essentially) solo. Worth the sub fee, at least.

That's kind of the bs of pugging ... half the pugs are alt runs where you need 12/12 main ... fuck that. And then you have, hm ... are there other pugs besides alt pugs I don't know. Really, REALLY feels like the incentive to do pugs instead of LFR is missing. That's the bottom line.

You need to award ppl with rep when they do what they do in WoW ... if normal/flex raiding is just higher ilvl and achiev in armory nobody gives a fuck about ... that's laughable incentive

- - - Updated - - -

So let me throw an idea out there ... the abandoned hills in vale of eternal blossoms ... if you could make a house on top of them that would reflect your raiding standing. BAM ... that would be an incentive.

- - - Updated - - -

If your character would radiate your raiding achievement ... hc you glow red, normal you glow blue, flex you glow green, lfr you glow yello ... bam that woud be an incentive.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2013-08-07 at 03:40 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the vocal minority of elite players who still believe the game is all about them, and that only they with there heroic raiding guild deserves to be able to see any of the raiding concent because they do it on hard mode.

I would promptly like to direct you to this video highlighting this issue.

(Been waiting to use this video)
    #boycottchina

By adding Flex it is my opinion they should remove LFR all together.
    That people get to see content is one thing and I am all for it but not if it means you don't have to pay attention and avoid mechanics, hell its show up and loot pure and simple.
    The argument I don't have time to do normal raids in my eyes is also BS, if your not on a high pop server and your a dps the queue can take up to an hour, add another hour for 3 bosses then times 4 for all the wings and you're spending 8 hours in a raid setting with the only difference you can sleep through it.
    As has been posted by several on multiple forums there are HC guilds that raid less then 8 hours each reset and are 13/13 so again having no time to me is BS unless like a m8 of mine you work in shifts and well then your kinda screwed.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't Like LFR then don't use it. If you don't use it what does it matter to you? In the end, people who complain about "casual carebears" are simply saying that it makes their purple pixels seem less special when they stand around in town.

Personally, I would like to see LFR expanded. Have LFR normal and LFR heroic (properly gated of course). It would be nice if people who don't have time to "guild raid" could still have some challenging content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    All this happened only after WotLK made raids and 5-men a joke.
    The "fun" counter-productive fact about making the game shallow and faceroll in order to increase its accessibility, is that as it promote lazyness and make everything spoonfed, the requirements inflate with the ilvl easily obtainable. Because you know you don't need someone able to play, you can just throw ilvl at the boss and he'll die.

I never even saw ilvl-based LFG calls in TBC.

You proved your ignorance there See paragraph above.
    Thanks for destroying your credibility.
    Oh honey, the amounts of times that I advertised for my warlock with her spelldamage, hitcappedness and origin of her gear... The amounts of times that I did the same on my shaman. The amounts of times that I did the same thing on my priest.

And.. I didn't know that I had any credibility to begin with? This is a silly forum. Everyone can claim anything they want to. Including you. And you do. Maybe you haven't seen what I've seen. I don't blame you.

It doesn't matter if you ask for the numbers that Blizz gives you, those that the players give you or those that a certain gearlevel (I'm wearing T5, guys! Look at me, I know my stuff!!!!!) imply, the outcome is the same. Whereas you get worked up all about ilvls, I'm telling you, that it was already there way back in the 'glorious' times of WoW. People just called it after an addon that I hadn't even installed, I don't even remember when it first came up. At some point, there was just this GSxxxx number in trades, and I always said "Hey, I have content clear, no idea what that gearscore thing is when you have that."
    Or people referred to that number in terms of T. "My gear is from T4, with some T5, some badge-stuff." "My gear is a mix of different sources, equivalent to T5, come inspect me if you want details." Or you just went to be.imba.hu, typed in the name and server, and it would spit out info about missing hitcaps, wrong stat priority, talent point mess-ups, and everything else you wanted. Basically, it was a more enhanced version of what the armory is doing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    By adding Flex it is my opinion they should remove LFR all together.
    That people get to see content is one thing and I am all for it but not if it means you don't have to pay attention and avoid mechanics, hell its show up and loot pure and simple.
    The argument I don't have time to do normal raids in my eyes is also BS, if your not on a high pop server and your a dps the queue can take up to an hour, add another hour for 3 bosses then times 4 for all the wings and you're spending 8 hours in a raid setting with the only difference you can sleep through it.
    As has been posted by several on multiple forums there are HC guilds that raid less then 8 hours each reset and are 13/13 so again having no time to me is BS unless like a m8 of mine you work in shifts and well then your kinda screwed.
    Thing is when you are in queue ... you can do other things. You don't have to stare at the screen.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.