• Yes, stopped playing since on a dead realm

181 16.90%
  • Yes

727 67.88%
  • No

163 15.22%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    As much as I want them to merge realms I really hope, and I think, this is not the case, it shows an absolute contempt towards the players to run a promotion for a service that will become obsolete in the near future.
    I dot think it will be 5.4 soon, but think it will be in less than a year's time when they due to financial reasons merge realms. Have to also take into account the sheer amount of active subscriptions leaving the dead realms to the point of why even have them.

Intresting tweet by Cory Stockton, wonder what do they have in mind, or is this just a lot of talk...?
    https://twitter.com/mumper/status/343144828424572928

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    As much as I want them to merge realms I really hope, and I think, this is not the case, it shows an absolute contempt towards the players to run a promotion for a service that will become obsolete in the near future.
    They already showed their contempt with selling an annual pass then releasing no new content for a year.

Par for the course Blizzard.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Definitly yes, they should swallow their pride.

Quote Originally Posted by elmowaki View Post
    Definitly yes, they should swallow their pride.
    Apparently they are swallowing, at some degree, but I am honestly a bit worried, since it will be a "rolling" start, I fear, that they will up the connected realms so slowly, that it will be 7.4 until its fully up and running :/

15+ Year Old Account
    They really should just merge servers, but they are going to try the virtual servers first to see if that brings back old players. I think the whole merging servers issues is probably a touchy subject with blizzard, since it would mean they would be openly admitting the dropping subs are hurting the game. Since almost every other mmo out there had to do this to keep their games going.

When I quit wow for swtor when it launched, there were a lot of servers, and they were all full to the point it was causing serious lag. But after the first 6 months, after people hit max level and decided(like myself) that the game wasn't for them, mass people started quitting and leaving many servers totally dead. So they merged all their servers.

Same happened with rift and gw2. Merging servers is a good thing, but it is admitting that your player base is dropping.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making virtual realms because of low population realms and the obvious problems with just merging them together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Same happened with rift and gw2. Merging servers is a good thing, but it is admitting that your player base is dropping.
    GW2 has NOT merged servers. They are currently the fastest growing MMO in the west and are expanding into China this year.
    Valar morghulis

The way that Blizzard is handling it (Connected Servers) is the best way possible (in my opinion) but I think it took too long.

I like what they have been doing. Thje LF stuff and CZR features are great. A forced merge or transfer means potentially renaming all my toons n shit, that's IS what caused me to leave SWTOR. Day 1 beta tested and early entry to build character names and legacy, to have them shit upon with mergers... made most of my characters pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    The way that Blizzard is handling it (Connected Servers) is the best way possible (in my opinion) but I think it took too long.
    Exactly. /10

10+ Year Old Account
    #necrophelia
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    GW2 has NOT merged servers. They are currently the fastest growing MMO in the west and are expanding into China this year.
    But server pop seems to be a problem for GW2 for WvWvW. Some servers will never even get close to tier 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not certain why this needed to be revived again after several months of inactivity. And discussion about GW2 is off-topic anyway.

Since connected realms are now nearly upon us the premise of the OP is largely irrelevant.

In any case, closing. Feel free to discuss connected realms in any of the threads already open about it or start a new one if there's something new to say about it.

Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."