Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't even see why people are arguing about whether or not they should be druids. If Blizzard wants them to be druids THEY WILL BE DRUIDS! Why, because they have proven to us that they can give 2 shits about lore since they just retcon whatever they want if its in their interests. Hence why we got Cowadins and Nelf Mages (LOL the epitome of hypocrisy). I wouldn't be surprised if they included this in the next X-pack or the one after; its going to happen sooner or later. This is one of those things that fans have wanted for a very long time.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I would like to see Blood Elf Druids, but only if they did it right. Blood Elves wouldn't be using nature magic to help plants grow. They would be stealing energies from those plants to destroy their enemies. Sort of like Dark Shaman. Speaking of Dark Shaman, why can't Blood Elves be those? It seems so perfect for a Blood Elf to want to twist magical energies for his own gain.

Basically, I like what they did with Goblin Shaman (Most are Dark Shaman) and I'd like to see it done with Blood Elf Druids. ...Or shaman, but whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    There are a few in Botanica http://www.wowhead.com/npc=17975#drops
    And again.
    Since Kael'Thas and his blood elves seized Tempest Keep from the naaru they have had quite the time to investigate and find a usage for the technology in it. The Botanica appears to be the satellite chosen especially for this purpose. Here, blood elf scientists carry out experiments on the flora in Outland, how naaru technology can be used to create and manipulate living beings, and how all this can grant the blood elves new powers. It seems, however, that the results were not quite as expected, and thus some of the experiments have gotten out of control...
    The Warcraft II manual indicates that the Runestone in Caer Darrow was placed there by "Elven Druids". These druids are not referred to anywhere else in the game or the manual, and all references to this Runestone in the manual describe its power as either "Elven magik" or "arcane".
    In the Botanica wing of Tempest Keep, several of Kael'Thas's blood elves use abilities that are similar to the Restoration skills of the druid class, though they are never referred to as "druids." Most notably of these elves is High Botanist Freywinn, who is seen wearing what appears to be the shoulder armor and robes of the tier 1 armor set for druids, the Cenarion Raiment, and even transforms into a tree. Following encounter with Freywinn, the theme of the instance becomes increasingly arcane and corrupt, with satyrs, gene-splicers, and mutate fleshlashers, which seem to be named after the lasher, a common plant mob. The degenerative nature of the instance hints that the blood elves in Botanica are not utilizing druidic practices, but corrupting the plants by other means, such as the ancient Warp Splinter who has apparently been corrupted by arcane magic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantastic View Post
    I would like to see Blood Elf Druids, but only if they did it right. Blood Elves wouldn't be using nature magic to help plants grow. They would be stealing energies from those plants to destroy their enemies. Sort of like Dark Shaman. Speaking of Dark Shaman, why can't Blood Elves be those? It seems so perfect for a Blood Elf to want to twist magical energies for his own gain.

Basically, I like what they did with Goblin Shaman (Most are Dark Shaman) and I'd like to see it done with Blood Elf Druids. ...Or shaman, but whatever.
    I also posted an idea like these one, the Blood Elf could use arcane energy (like how they have done before) to control nature, and that's how they became druid

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I also posted an idea like these one, the Blood Elf could use arcane energy (like how they have done before) to control nature, and that's how they became druid
    Yeah, no. Arcane magic and nature magic are completely at odds with each other in Warcraft. That is one of the most fundamental ideas, and central conflicts, of the setting.

Deleted
    Pretty sure The reason they can not be druids, is The gave up their way of nature life, to start to live of arcane magic, and later Felmagic (is why they have glowing green eyes because their race is still tainted with it) And i dont think they can just " pick it up" Nor that nature would allowe it. Do remember Nature and the Elementes are " living" ish being

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Yeah, no. Arcane magic and nature magic are completely at odds with each other in Warcraft. That is one of the most fundamental ideas, and central conflicts, of the setting.
    But as many have explain, Blood Elfs have used arcane magic to twist nature itself and use nature magic, by altering them with arcane magic, so... They could be druids doing that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Pretty sure The reason they can not be druids, is The gave up their way of nature life, to start to live of arcane magic, and later Felmagic (is why they have glowing green eyes because their race is still tainted with it) And i dont think they can just " pick it up" Nor that nature would allowe it. Do remember Nature and the Elementes are " living" ish being
    But in the end, they have a good relationship with the nature protectors (the treants)....
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-08-28 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    its funny because Druids use Nature AND Arcane magic in balance with eachother,

Deleted
    But as many have explain Blood Elfs have used arcane magic to twist nature itself and use nature magic, by altering them with arcane magic, so... They could be druids doing that
    They wouldn't be druids. They would be chloromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    They wouldn't be druids. They would be chloromancers.
    that doesn't even exist in the Warcraft universe...

Deleted
    that doesn't even exist in the Warcraft universe...
    Not yet. It exists outside of the Warcraft universe. Still, in the Warcraft universe, if you bend nature to your will by using arcane magic, there's nothing druidic about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW, what i'm saying are not chloromancers, because i'm not talking about taking the vital energies of plants or whatever, i'm saying that they could use arcane energy to control or manipulate nature, as many people have said, the Blood Elfs in Botanica do that, and at their starting zone they also do that, and even if they do that, they have a good relationship with the nature spirits

- - - Updated - - -

Not yet. It exists outside of the Warcraft universe.
    They look like they only exist on RIFT universe (yes i did investigated a little bit)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-08-28 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    And that's exactly what chloromancers do outside of the Warcraft universe. They're not druids. Just because it doesn't have a name, it doesn't mean that it isn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's exactly what chloromancers do outside of the Warcraft universe. They're not druids. Just because it doesn't have a name, it doesn't mean that it isn't there.
    No, Chloromancer are who draws on the vital energies of plants and nature to find a balance between life and death. This allows them to harness energies into a devastating force, or recycle destructive magic to heal their allies.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-08-28 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    No, Chloromancer is who draws on the vital energies of plants and nature to find a balance between life and death. This allows them to harness energies into a devastating force, or recycle destructive magic to heal their allies.
    By using arcane magic. They're mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    By using arcane magic. They're mages.
    Well... but Druids do use arcane magic:

Balance druids: Can take on the form of a powerful Moonkin, balancing the power of Arcane and Nature magic to destroy enemies at a distance.

- - - Updated - - -

Is true that these type of Druids won't be the "normal" druids and they may even be bad mouthed by the other druids, but in the end... they will still be druids

Deleted
    Well... but Druids do use arcane magic:

Balance druids: Can take on the form of a powerful Moonkin, balancing the power of Arcane and Nature magic to destroy enemies at a distance.

- - - Updated - - -

Is true that these type of Druids won't be the "normal" druids and they may even be bad mouthed by the other druids, but in the end... they will still be druids
    You probably don't know what exactly is druidism. Druids and shamans bind with nature. They do not manipulate it. They live with it.
    Mages don't. They can bend it to their will, but they're not druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Pretty sure that same exact reasoning can be completely applied to Nelf mages, yet there they are...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't go backwards. Nelfs can go arcane, but the opposite can't happen. The Belfs can't unchange; those channels are closed.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.