10+ Year Old Account
    When a person has to resort to using dictionary definitions, you know he's losing the argument...

We have no decisive evideice for either side. But there's always a possibility. Outright denying it would be stupid.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    When a person has to resort to using dictionary definitions, you know he's losing the argument...

We have no decisive evideice for either side. But there's always a possibility. Outright denying it would be stupid.
    Possibilities is all I was talking about. So, congratulations on declaring your own argument lost, I guess?

I mean, I'm the one here saying "No, it's not absolutely certain that "the Dark Below" refers to the Old Gods, there are other possibilities" and then you post this? What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-08-29 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chill, there's no need to be upset. I'm not even participating in any argument.

I'm just excited about potential news on the next xpack, because they happen to match my tastes. Although, I admit, I'd be a little disappointed if it turns out we won't be getting any delicious Old God conent soon.

Anyway, it can't get worse than Pandaland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    No, no it doesn't. It means:

1. Satan; the devil.
    2. any evil spirit; demon.
    3. a diabolically cruel or wicked person. Synonyms: monster, savage, brute, beast, devil.
    4. a person or thing that causes mischief or annoyance: Those children are little fiends.
    5. Informal. a person who is extremely addicted to some pernicious habit: an opium fiend.

All three definitions that apply here are associated with the Devil.
    Because the devil is evil. Ozumat is evil. Ozumat is a fiend.

You're reading WAAAAAY too much into this.

There are several Scourged Nerubians with "fiend" in their name. Are they secret agents of the Burning Legion?

There are NPCs called "fiend of air," "fiend of fire," "fiend of water." Very obviously, those are elementals that do not serve the burning legion.

THERE ARE EVEN FACELESS IN VASHJ'IR called "DEEP FIENDS."

Fiend in wow = bad thing. That's ALL there is to it.

It's possible that's why Ozumat has the title. It's also possible it isn't.
    He has the title because he's a bad guy, and "fiend" is a bad thing.

You can't make that statement because there is a single reference to "The Dark Below" in the entire game, and that's a Kraken. It may have nothing to do with the Old Gods at all; it may just be a reference to the fathomless depths where Naga dwell. Honestly, that's the way I took it first time I saw Ozumat. Since "the Dark Below" is undefined, you cannot categorically state just what does or does not inhabit it, except for Ozumat.
    Seeing how close the Naga are intertwined with the Old Gods, yeah, they're related.

As for the Faceless Ones in the instance, /shrug. Neptulon is an Elemental Lord, a general of the Old Gods in their war against the Titans. So who knows why they're there? After all, the main goal of the whole invasion is for Azshara to become supreme ruler of the seas. It has little to nothing to do with Deathwing or the rest of Cataclysm's storyline. But it bears noting that Ozumat comes when the Naga command, and the Dungeon Journal says "By some ill means, the naga have bent Ozumat - the patriarch of all kraken - to their will and unleashed him against Neptulon and his followers."
    Neptulon did not rejoin the old god's forces like Al'akir and Ragnaros did. Evidenced mainly by the fact that the FACELESS are helping the Naga invade his freakin' palace. The second boss in throne of the tides is a faceless one, remember?

That doesn't really tie Ozumat to the Old Gods - nor some demonic other plane - but it does say that Ozumat's will is not its own. So he's not there as a servant of the Old Gods, and apparently he doesn't usually obey the Naga either. Going by that, "the Dark Below" is probably a reference to the deepest parts of the ocean, and nothing else.
    Azshara might be serving her own ends. But as of now, she is ALSO working in cahoots with the old gods. N'zoth, to be precise. As evidenced by the fact that they allied with the 1) faceless and 2) twilights hammer.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    For the sake of accurate information, it was filed and searchable on US sites for 1 day. Less than a day actually. Then it was taken down, and 3 days later popped up on EU sites. Now gone from there as well.
    no it wasn't that was just an unfiled application

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Seeing how close the Naga are intertwined with the Old Gods, yeah, they're related.
    It's not a Naga that has the title. The title people are using to "prove" that "the Dark Below" absolutely refers to the Old Gods belongs to an entity apparently not aligned with either the Old Gods or the Naga, serving the Naga only due to coercion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it pretty much a wait game til blizzcon for the official announce?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    Watch GC's face when Mike Schaffnit confronted the guys with TDB:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-140/
    why did he ask him about bliz trademarking corkis unleashed, when it wasn't even a real trademark and it most definitly didn't come from blizzard, boub just filled out the app for it, to show anyone could do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew it was bullcrap when i pointed out there wasn't a reference number, but no no some people swore to everything holy that didn't mean nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    So is it pretty much a wait game til blizzcon for the official announce?
    Of course. It has always been like this with every expansion.
    Obviously, you can't keep people from specualting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Fiend" just means something bad and devious and evil.

He's a giant Kraken. He sinks boats. He messes shit up. Therefore, he's a fiend.

There's absolutely no reason to construe "the dark below" with anything associated with Warcraft demons. The things that INHABIT the dark below: the old gods, their various servants, and any number of subterannean or aquatic baddies, are all associated with the Old God forces, which are acutely at-odds with the Burning Legion. The only "reference" to the Dark Below that WAS in reference to demons was a non cannon RPG manual. We know where demons come from in Warcraft, and it's nebulous space mumbo-jumbo. Not anywhere within Azeroth itself.
    However we do have the Rift of Aln which in the Emerald Dream at least opens up into the Twisting Nether. It's entirely possible there is a corresponding rift in the "real" world which also opens up to the Nether and allows demons into the depths of Azeroth's oceans. Who says it has to be Old Gods or Legion? Why not both?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Cooper, you just want for it to be not true too badly, and your confirmation bias has been showing for a long time now.

Can you pretty please tap the brakes on that a little? It's getting kinda annoying. It's simple. The Dark Below hasn't been ruled out, and it hasn't been confirmed either; the same way it has always been from the get-go. We'll see at BlizzCon, but the Dark Below (or at least the supposed concept which is NOT the outdated RPG Demon aspect, but the more recent Azshara/N'Zoth concept) can still end up being true. Even if it's not the next expansion, and the Burning Legion expansion is next, it's very likely that we'll have it after that. The N'Zoth and Azshara seeds were planted in Cataclysm. They're not going to leave those, simple as.

Your post is really funny. You want it to the TDB so bad that your bias is showing. There is 0 proof TDB will be the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Your post is really funny. You want it to the TDB so bad that your bias is showing. There is 0 proof TDB will be the next expansion.

Not really. If you actually.. y'know.. read my post.. I state that
    "It's simple. The Dark Below hasn't been ruled out, and it hasn't been confirmed either; the same way it has always been from the get-go. We'll see at BlizzCon."

Which is the truth. There is no bias here. I also, in the same post, state that I don't care because I like both N'Zoth/Azshara and the Legion, so I have no preconceived preference. On the other side, Cooper is trying to push this "IT OBVIOUSLY ISNT TDB, OZUMAT ISN'T AN OLD GOD MINION" thing so hard his bias is showing. You might not agree, but that's your problem.

I'd still really like to see all the open ends from Cata wrapped up and The Dark Below would be the perfect title for an expac that deals with that stuff. But, that being said, I'll happily go along whatever direction Blizzard takes
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Not really. If you actually.. y'know.. read my post.. I state that

Which is the truth. There is no bias here. I also, in the same post, state that I don't care because I like both N'Zoth/Azshara and the Legion, so I have no preconceived preference. On the other side, Cooper is trying to push this "IT OBVIOUSLY ISNT TDB, OZUMAT ISN'T AN OLD GOD MINION" thing so hard his bias is showing. You might not agree, but that's your problem.
    The ONLY thing you have saying it's TDB is a app that has now disappeared. The chance that it is real at this point is near 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    The ONLY thing you have saying it's TDB is a app that has now disappeared. The chance that it is real at this point is near 0.
    Don't cash your checks JUST yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I don`t think they will pull Sargeras And the legion out of the hat yet, I bet they`ll save that for the last expansion. I believe there's gonna be a Ashara + an old god combination since Ashara is way to insignificant to be the main villain of a expansion. I read the sundering books and she was an idiotic demented,self-loving queen who all nighelves worshieped for no real reason, who didnt do much but stand and loock pretty

With all of this crap that's been going on... BlizzCon can't come fast enough!!
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    no it wasn't that was just an unfiled application
    I'm not going to respond to everyone, so I will say this one last time. It was searchable for less than a day, as I searched for it and found it. I am sorry you did not do this, or do not beleive this, but this does not change the fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdon View Post
    I don`t think they will pull Sargeras And the legion out of the hat yet, I bet they`ll save that for the last expansion. I believe there's gonna be a Ashara + an old god combination since Ashara is way to insignificant to be the main villain of a expansion. I read the sundering books and she was an idiotic demented,self-loving queen who all nighelves worshieped for no real reason, who didnt do much but stand and loock pretty
    Actually the reason the nightelves worshipped her is because she was a powerful enough mage to enslave an entire nation and make them obsessed with her beauty. Azshara is the perfect final boss for TDB. She is a very powerful threat and one of the few remaining Warcraft villains; she has connections to both the Old Gods and the Legion; she serves as a centrepiece of an Old God themed xpac without actually having us kill an Old God. I would happily bet money on Azshara being the expansions final boss and at the end coming into some source of power which leads to her challenging the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Actually the reason the nightelves worshipped her is because she was a powerful enough mage to enslave an entire nation and make them obsessed with her beauty. Azshara is the perfect final boss for TDB. She is a very powerful threat and one of the few remaining Warcraft villains; she has connections to both the Old Gods and the Legion; she serves as a centrepiece of an Old God themed xpac without actually having us kill an Old God. I would happily bet money on Azshara being the expansions final boss and at the end coming into some source of power which leads to her challenging the Old Gods.
    I'm all for Azshara being a major player, but I'd want to tackle N'zoth while we're down there. We just had an expansion in Cata where we dealt with a powerful minion of an old god without fighting an actual old god, and in MoP cleaning up the mess of an old god without there being an actual old god, imo let's finally have an old god as a main antagonist.