Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Explain the crazy rabbits in MoP?

Is there some bit of lore that calls for these rabbits to exist?

They are, IMO, the worst, and most annoying mobs in the entire game.

I guess you have not encountered any murlocs yet.

Same reason as the wolverine, frog, bear, horse, bird, cow, boar, etc people exist. Usually tied to some animal god, so maybe there's a rabbit ancient that exists or existed at one point.

Basicly they are MoP's Kobold

Rather than the curse of the flesh which afflicted Northrend and created all the master races; the old god beneath Pandaria causes the curse of anthropomorphism. This curse invariably turns anything cute and cuddly in Azeroth into some sort of unthinkable manimal monstrosity hell bent on pulling cartoon cliches out of the minds of those whose form they take. Thus, carrot munching giant man bunnies, poo flinging giant monkey men, fish men who gargle when they speak and pandarens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Same reason as the wolverine, frog, bear, horse, bird, cow, boar, etc people exist. Usually tied to some animal god, so maybe there's a rabbit ancient that exists or existed at one point.
    I forgot to include the races that obviously migrated primarily to Kalimdor. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angerpaw View Post
    I guess you have not encountered any murlocs yet.
    honestly murlocs are nothing compared to these rabbits... pulled a pac of 3-5 rabbits? thats fine oh wait there another grp of 5 and.. another oh wait thats not all there also a bunch of bigger meaner rabbits with more hp chasing u now....

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore-wise there's nothing specific, but yeah, generally anthropomorphic races like vermin are the result of an animal demi-god ancient - either born from their deaths or spawned as a race of servant/worshipers.

It's also always possible that they were ordinary animals affected by the waters of the Vale, or the Well of Eternity, or uplifted by mystical energies in some other manner.

the old god beneath Pandaria causes the curse of anthropomorphism
    I giggled when I read this.

Yeah the worst part of WoW questing is shit like the Vermin with no real goal or interest about them. At least they were sort of used for comic relief

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Lore-wise there's nothing specific, but yeah, generally anthropomorphic races like vermin are the result of an animal demi-god ancient - either born from their deaths or spawned as a race of servant/worshipers.

It's also always possible that they were ordinary animals affected by the waters of the Vale, or the Well of Eternity, or uplifted by mystical energies in some other manner.
    This is all it comes down to right here.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamelol View Post
    Basicly they are MoP's Kobold
    There is no more reason than this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yeah the worst part of WoW questing is shit like the Vermin with no real goal or interest about them. At least they were sort of used for comic relief
    I take it you loved Northrend, right?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Yeah the worst part of WoW questing is shit like the Vermin with no real goal or interest about them.
    Why should they have? Why can't they just "be"?

10+ Year Old Account
    its like this.

The waters of the vale is actually mountain dew btw.
    #boycottchina

The real question, is what host of cute fuzzy things will be used in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Why should they have? Why can't they just "be"?
    I never said they couldn't, I was just saying I don't find aimless creatures in a fantasy world particularly interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Is there some bit of lore that calls for these rabbits to exist?

They are, IMO, the worst, and most annoying mobs in the entire game.
    Yes! OMG! I hate those damn mobs! fucking annoying, running everywhere, pulling the whole tunnel, damn bloody rabbits! Arrrrr!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The real question, is what host of cute fuzzy things will be used in the next expansion.
    The thing is, there are only a finite amount of animals in existence. They've used a lot of them so far.

If we go underwater, what is there that we haven't already gotten? Shark ogres? Snail-giants?

...that'd actually be rad.

anthropomorphs for underwater

Nudibranch (this one's fairly flexible)
    Jellyfish/man o' war (man o' war-man-woman would be awesome)
    barnacle (nsfw though it may be)
    Starfish or Sponge would probably draw some fire from the lolpandas crowd

there aren't whale people yet, are there?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virmen

---men

They are humanoid.

Just pointing out.

I'm going to take a stab at their origins - if you look closely they actually have rat-like tails so I'm going to assume they are an offshoot of Kobolds (who in turn are apparently a form of Trogg).