Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    As you've seen, I'm no longer allowed to touch the subject, but I have never before, in these boards, since ..March 2009, seen anyone post so much unrelated info, somehow linking EQ NEXT, Wildstar, etc, to example in question. Never.

And I'm not someone that goes like 'lawl fanboi' at all. I'm simply describing a pattern, a rare pattern.

If we didn't have this new mod, I would (maybe, possibly *looks at the heavens and hopes the gods didn't hear*) have been able to get away with it (once) , because the regular mods know I'm not trying to insult, you, but rather hit your brakes.
    You've never seen someone say stuff like, "If you took X element from Y game and added to Z game it would work pretty well"?
    Or "X payment model worked well for Y game, but I doubt it would work for Z game"?

Really?

You guys were warned about not posting on topic. This conversation isn't productive to the thread at hand. Infracted.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You've never seen someone say stuff like, "If you took X element from Y game and added to Z game it would work pretty well"?
    Or "X payment model worked well for Y game, but I doubt it would work for Z game"?

Really?
    Oh yeah, I've seen people do it...... just not in every single fucking megathread =)

Tough first day for that unknown mod oO

You guys were warned about not posting on topic. This conversation isn't productive to the thread at hand. Infracted.
    Actually, I was infracted, then warned. There's a difference. It's not polite.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-09-18 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Oh yeah, I've seen people do it...... just not in every single fucking megathread =)

Tough first day for that unknown mod oO
    Heh. Yes, but please let's put the topic back on hand of Firefall. There is no need to go back and forth over nontrivial stuff. I don't really want to have to keep cleaning things up because we can't keep this topic on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Heh. Yes, but please let's put the topic back on hand of Firefall. There is no need to go back and forth over nontrivial stuff. I don't really want to have to keep cleaning things up because we can't keep this topic on track.
    Will do, by now my point has reached a center of a specific brain, maybe.

Ok, back to Firefall.

First of all, I've been a forum lurker for a long time on there. Posted a few times, mostly read alot. There's many dissatisfied people. The reason is simple, people mentioned it in here. There is no direction. There is only The frame, the game type (3rd person shooter) and an open world construct with very slightly randomized "quests". The only goal in the game is to improve your frame, to get more gear to improve your frame to get more gear to improve your frame. Buy new frame. Rinse and repeat.

That's a structural flaw right there. There's nothing that breaks that circle. Nothing. And that means that you need more additional content to keep people playing. Instead of adding more story (which they are good at!, just read the lore!?, such a waste /shrug) they added more grind. Made getting to that next gear level harder, while making it harder to maintain it. But in the end it's just a filler episode of Naruto. Not satisfying, even insulting.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-09-18 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Per the employees themselves, development would be effected. The CEO's press release was nothing more than damage control, I mean he didn't even thank or acknowledge the former employees. Even though pretty much most of it is his fault.

https://twitter.com/AmnDragon/status/379795203671871489
    https://twitter.com/MaximusPaynicus/...06132895629313

Mark Kern is completely incompetent. Looking at their Glass Door reviews you can see the company was a ticking time bomb.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Red...ws-E266907.htm

When a game pretty much puts a stop to the major aspect of gameplay. And when they fire 10% of the staff in Open Beta something is wrong.

As I said, I would be SHOCKED if it even releases. If it does, it will be another APB (shutdown quickly). The game offers nothing for something that has been in development for 7 years?
    The main part I left out in my post. Buyer beware, wait till it gets out of beta and officially launches to spend any money on this game. Especially the founder packs they keep throwing out to the public. It is nice to paint a rosy picture of the picture, but that would mean people getting ripped off. The reality of the situation doesn't look good. However, I do think the devs (not upper management) are good and I hope they can release something worthwhile.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main part I left out in my post. Buyer beware, wait till it gets out of beta and officially launches to spend any money on this game. Especially the founder packs they keep throwing out to the public. It is nice to paint a rosy picture of the picture, but that would mean people getting ripped off. The reality of the situation doesn't look good. However, I do think the devs (not upper management) are good and I hope they can release something worthwhile.
    Agreed...but I highly doubt it will ever launch. Aside from them not being able to fully implement anything before scrapping it and throwing it all away and getting closer to an actual launch they also have the issue that they will start having to pay Webzen a portion of their profits once the game officially launches (according the settlement).

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is when. At this rate, never. The game is very small. They strive so hard to get that core experience right they forgot they need more stuff to show in press events, and to the general public.
    I've been seeing them refining that core game for 9 months now. Only actual content they added in 9 months was ARES, BWA and the Melding Pockets. That is not enough in my opinion.
    I'm barely holding any interest in following the game , and i'm sure i'm not the only one. They need to cut the bullshit, stop putting 5 bricks in and only to then remove 3 of those, and place 1 to make up for those 3 they took out. At that rate, they'll never get a frame for the house, let alone a roof , so they can sell the product later.

This is mostly a rant, i did mean what i said, may have not worded it properly since i'm not english native speaker =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-18 at 11:23 PM.

Well, as I said. Next patch, it seems we are getting a new hub like copacabana in diamondhead (once we take it back) and crafting is being expanded with additional components so like, you could add a thresher trail to arsenals automatic shotgun ability to add a knock back on shot effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well, as I said. Next patch, it seems we are getting a new hub like copacabana in diamondhead (once we take it back) and crafting is being expanded with additional components so like, you could add a thresher trail to arsenals automatic shotgun ability to add a knock back on shot effect.
    Bold : Yet again. They develop crafting so much its not funny anymore. Probably at the expense of much more tangible things like quest chains, story and gameplay.
    Underlined: Seems like a neat concept, cool.
    Italic: Forgive me for not being up to date with all of these things, but is there anything actually important in this? Last time i checked copacabana was just a place to use printer and with alot of vendors. Does the small available map need another?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Bold : Yet again. They develop crafting so much its not funny anymore. Probably at the expense of much more tangible things like quest chains, story and gameplay.
    Underlined: Seems like a neat concept, cool.
    Italic: Forgive me for not being up to date with all of these things, but is there anything actually important in this? Last time i checked copacabana was just a place to use printer and with alot of vendors. Does the small available map need another?
    Copa is apparently getting it's main quest line installed as well as being revamped (lay out ect) and the melding pockets aren't that small when fully expanded, which is assuming they don't expand them further when they add the cities. And diamond head will apparently also have a main story line quest too.

*not to mention that they are adding ARES to diamond head and in order to do that they will have to expand the map downward like they did with new Eden.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they going to change how the melding and repulsors work in the instances?

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Are they going to change how the melding and repulsors work in the instances?
    By instances do you mean warfronts?

If so, yes. There will be a way to make them stay open indefinitely and "capture" a new zone. However, you have to defend the zone. If chosen take out your repulsors the melding will collapse and you may lose the entire zone if you aren't careful. (You can lose it for weeks according to R5)

I doubt this will make it to live... But apparently, the person who is on top of the leader board for the warfront, when the new city is captured, gets to name the city.

*This also coincides with us able to reverse engineer chosen armor and weapons.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this leader board?

I've heard it mentioned before but see no reference to it in the game.

What is this leader board?

I've heard it mentioned before but see no reference to it in the game.
    So, you know how in defiance there are leaderboards for challenge quests or whatever they are called? Like, number of enemies killed, accuracy, health lost, time completed ect result in points. Well, there's going to be one of those for warfronts I guess... Except that warfronts have been painted as a campaign so it might take a while to complete it. Other than a melded crystite wipe I don't see how that's possible though. A lot of people, when hearing about the leaderboard, have stocked up on melded crystite in an effort to rush unlock the new city. So it's like, letting people know what they need to get the AQ scepter months in advance... I am concerned. I hope that you need a new resource otherwise we are going to have a few people with too much time ruin warfronts for the rest of us. Luckily, R5 is testing it on diamond head first instead of all 3 so... maybe they will catch this problem on the first go and the other 2 wont be ruined.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the patch is dropping soon?

Only a guess because I've suddenly started running into an issue where many, many objects are no longer rendering in the world. Didn't have this issue even 8 hours ago.

I'm guessing the patch is dropping soon?

Only a guess because I've suddenly started running into an issue where many, many objects are no longer rendering in the world. Didn't have this issue even 8 hours ago.
    Is your driver out of date? I was playing this morning and it was rendering fine.

- - - Updated - - -

The Razer promotion changed
    Anyone with a 2013 DeathAdder can go to the Synapse program to get the code and unlock the goodies here: http://beta.firefallthegame.com/razer
    We pushed new changes to the Public Test Server
    You can see the first five minutes of the new First User Experience
    There is still a lot of polish to do and we are continuing to patch the PTS
    There is going to be 1 update this week and one update to the PTS next week
    Including more content like the first new hour experience
    New instances
    Feel free to report bugs you find in the PTS forums
    The next big patch is going to have a lot of bug fixes
    We fixed ~45% of our bugs
    And we are still going
    Small but telling update from schinder

Edit: On a side note, R5 is hiring replacements for the people they fired. One of our friends from when we lived in California got called in for an interview next week. (Well, I don't think they are replacing the youtube cosplay/comedy team lol!)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-20 at 09:45 PM.

I'm trying to figure out what to do exactly.... so far I've just been running around doing events and crafting what I need but I have yet to see an actual direction for this game. After the starting block where you pick your frame I had no guide on what to do next besides crafting ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion VI View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what to do exactly.... so far I've just been running around doing events and crafting what I need but I have yet to see an actual direction for this game. After the starting block where you pick your frame I had no guide on what to do next besides crafting ammo.
    Yeah, I felt this way too. I tried to think of it as more of a sandbox game, but it didn't really provide me with any tools to do much beyond killing things and crafting.

The number of times this game has changed directions still has me trying to piece things together with it -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I felt this way too. I tried to think of it as more of a sandbox game, but it didn't really provide me with any tools to do much beyond killing things and crafting.

The number of times this game has changed directions still has me trying to piece things together with it -_-
    I mean it's a good shooter but it's incredibly small and has no direction. No real intro to get you into crafting or how to understand crafting. No story, no main quest. I was just dumped off after crafting my first ammo pack to do whatever but there isn't anything to do besides events and crafting. No understanding of currency or materials or refinement either.

So, there is a story.

Here is the background to the story
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/timel...the-golden-age

Here is the manga that starts right before the game
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/en/manga

The story in game takes place after the manga when Pilgrams father sends a transmission that appears to be from batsheba. He provides you with all the pieces you need to get to Blackwater. In Blackwater you end up bringing back the anomaly to copa but it's pretty clear that this is a mistake. Graves even tells you as much as you are getting it. It's unclear to the characters in the game what exactly happened at Dredge but from a video we know that a titan came and pretty much wiped the place out. It's unclear if the anomaly and titans are related but it has been implied. There's a whole bunch of theories, particularly of biblical origins for the melding. What we do know is that while Graves is now the meldings avatar, part of him is still in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the other 3 zones (diamond head, sargossa sea, and antartica) are being made into full zones like new Eden in the next couple of patches. (Diamond head is getting the phase 2 treatment first)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and if you need to know stuff about crafting... This site might help. I know parts of it haven't been updated but for the most part its still accurate. http://www.rawr4firefall.com/